Tomlin's Presser

Maxman

It's already happening.  My entire life I've been NFL > NCAA.  Even as a Gator alum and a Jets fan...I still like NFL better.  Not any more.  It's all about Saturdays.  If there was a college game on last night, I would have changed the channel immediately after the headset report.  

Enough is enough already.  

Influential owner or not the other owners need to step up and reign Kraft in. It should be 31 against 1 and Goodell has to go. What was sad, really sad last night when you think about it, was that everyone, and I mean everyone knew that the Pats were intentionally f-ing with the headsets. Even the announcers, there to ostensibly "protect the shield" couldn't even make themselves go there, and openly questioned the situation and then Tomlin in his presser, just adding nuclear charges to the fire. The NFL needs to do something to restore the integrity of the league and that involves neutering and controlling that corrupt drunken smug Kraft and axeing Goodell. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Franchise is built on cheating...it's taught!

Headsets go out.

How about the defense simulating snap by having 3 guys shift on a goaline play? Guarantee you one of them yelled hike or something & that's why Ben was screaming at the refs. Belichick teaches these situational plays & they keep getting away with because they are ahead of the stupid refs & Belichick knows this. How about the pick plays? Sure everyone has it in the playbook but does any team run it as often as the Pats? Gronk literally stopped & spread himself out like a blocker, luckily Brady overthrew Amendola but my god the NFL has got to start calling the BLATENT ones that every knowledgable fan can see on replays.

The worst part is that is deliberate, it's not like you jump offsides because your anxious..  It makes me think of that Mighty Ducks movie when one of the parents pulled their kids off the team when the coach was teaching them to dive.  It's dirty, it's scumy, and it's blatant cheating to coach these situations.  Worse yet, what is the worst that could happen if they did get caught.  They lose 6 inches as a penalty, however, the offense moves back 5 yards if they don't get caught like last night.  

IMO, blatant cheating like that is an electable and suspensionable offense.  For coach as well.  

Influential owner or not the other owners need to step up and reign Kraft in. It should be 31 against 1 and Goodell has to go. What was sad, really sad last night when you think about it, was that everyone, and I mean everyone knew that the Pats were intentionally f-ing with the headsets. Even the announcers, there to ostensibly "protect the shield" couldn't even make themselves go there, and openly questioned the situation and then Tomlin in his presser, just adding nuclear charges to the fire. The NFL needs to do something to restore the integrity of the league and that involves neutering and controlling that corrupt drunken smug Kraft and axeing Goodell. 

The Cheatriots have made an entire mockery of the NFL and Kraft is rubbing it in their noses.  The obnoxious entrance with the "All we do is win" song damn well knowing your a cheater.  Then, cheating literally the second the ball is kicked off.  The fans cheering "where is Roger".  The denial and dismissive nature after the reports.  It doesnt stop.  rinse, wash, repeat.  

It's a joke.  Quite literally a joke.  What's the point?  This isnt fun to watch.  It's not fun as a fan to watch a team year after year get preferential treatment and openly allowed to cheat and bend the rules when they seem fit.  It's ridiculous.  There is no joy in watching a sport that you have to question the legitimacy of everything going on (wonder why boxing is long forgotten?).  It makes me even question the late TD to cover.  

I'm over it.  I'll watch the Jets game because I'm a glutton for punishment but I'm not supporting the league beyond that...I'll watch baseball or college Football before I tune into another game I have zero vested interest in watching.  That was never the case before...I'd watch any NFL game just because it was the NFL.

Ban all headsets and get back to the way football should still be played.  Now that I have that aside, there is no doubt at all that the Pats have in the past screwed around with this, also with the report about Pittsburgh doing it vs the jets one can conclude that none of these teams in the leauge are the least bit trustworthy, will look for an edge any way they can get it and the league should step in and take over just about every facet of game day.

That is what happened to NASCAR.  NASCAR was built on getting away with cheating.  Nitrous in the rollcage, the 7/8ths car, raised exhaust to make cars following you overheat, whacky aero mods.  Now they have (literally) cookie cutter cars and restrictor plates.  Like the NFL it is more popular than ever, but at the expense of alienating the core fanbase.

Here' the thing though - this has been happening for over a decade and all of the other owners have known about it...Nothing was done!

Now that they finally tried with deflate gate and the Pats acted like petulant children and won - there seems to be little the league can do.  The NFL is essentially not allowed to enforce rules.  You could clearly make the case here - that even if they knew the Pats did this on purpose, I'm other teams have been warned not to do it - therefor a president has been set that you can't penalize them for it.

Honestly, I really used to love this league and I'm simply saddened by what happened to it....BB, Robert Kraft, Tom Brady and Roger Goodell have destroyed the NFL

This!

I'm already there - I didn't watch last nights game - just really uninterested.  The league is a joke, it's not real competition as long as teams continue to get away with doing whatever they want.  This was clearly a big F-U to the NFL - "You do this to us, we're gonna cheat and you can't do anything about it"  I can just see Kraft, BB and Brady laughing this morning.

They've broken the rules for years...everyone inside the league has known about it, nothing was done.  Now it's public...what do we really expect to change?

It's really not worth watching any more.

Everyone keeps saying that this is a big FU to the NFL (which it is) but I honestly think this is more aimed at Goodell.

Conspiracy theory here but maybe now that Goodell at least attempted to show some balls against the Pats, Kraft (his biggest ally at one time) now wants him gone. What better way then to get this story in the news and have people start demanding Goodell's head on a spike since clearly he can't manage the league. 

Maybe Kraft, thinks he can appoint the next successor who will remain loyal for the long haul? 

I won't kill them for the simulating the snap count, and shifting.  It's the same as holding, or PI, it's up to the refs to spot that, and make the proper call.

I could not disagree more.  Holding, PI, they are in the moment penalties.  Shifting while simulating a hike is deliberate, planned, and rehearsed garbage.  

I could not disagree more.  Holding, PI, they are in the moment penalties.  Shifting while simulating a hike is deliberate, planned, and rehearsed garbage.  

exactly.  I'm not sure what they can do about it....I mean, they can make it a personal foul - but still, it's probably worth it to lose a half yard (then 15 yards on the kick-off) to knock a team back five when they're on the 1...

At some point, sportsmanship and even a tiny bit of integrity has to come into play.  I'm starting to realize the problem - BB is a sociopath (and I'm not saying that humorously)

You're quoting Mike 'I'd jerk off Belicheck and Brady while Kraft sits on my face' Florio? LOL really?

The issue isn't last night. The issue is that this has been a constant complaint from teams going back for 10 years. It's not equivalent to one night in Pittsburgh 5 years ago. I think Tomlin spoke up about it because behind the scenes, a lot of NFL front offices and coaching staffs have had enough. They've been instructed to keep hush hush in regards to any Patriots wrong doing for so long (see the ESPN report) and the breaking point has come.

And to your other previous posts about the performance on the field - it's irrelevant. Yes, the Patriots looked focused and ready, and the Steelers did not. No one is claiming things would've been drastically different or are even blaming the headsets. What people are doing is calling out the Patriots for once again looking to gain an illegal competitive balance. It's no longer a coincidence. It stopped being a coincidence years ago.

You're quoting Mike 'I'd jerk off Belicheck and Brady while Kraft sits on my face' Florio? LOL really?

The issue isn't last night. The issue is that this has been a constant complaint from teams going back for 10 years. It's not equivalent to one night in Pittsburgh 5 years ago. I think Tomlin spoke up about it because behind the scenes, a lot of NFL front offices and coaching staffs have had enough. They've been instructed to keep hush hush in regards to any Patriots wrong doing for so long (see the ESPN report) and the breaking point has come.

And to your other previous posts about the performance on the field - it's irrelevant. Yes, the Patriots looked focused and ready, and the Steelers did not. No one is claiming things would've been drastically different or are even blaming the headsets. What people are doing is calling out the Patriots for once again looking to gain an illegal competitive balance. It's no longer a coincidence. It stopped being a coincidence years ago.

it's what the pats do, it's what every team does.  we need to stop complaining and just beat them.  no one was whining about headsets or cheating when we whooped them in the playoffs a few years ago.

That is what happened to NASCAR.  NASCAR was built on getting away with cheating.  Nitrous in the rollcage, the 7/8ths car, raised exhaust to make cars following you overheat, whacky aero mods.  Now they have (literally) cookie cutter cars and restrictor plates.  Like the NFL it is more popular than ever, but at the expense of alienating the core fanbase.

It frightens me that you know this much about Nascar, Dom.

it's what the pats do, it's what every team does.  we need to stop complaining and just beat them.  no one was whining about headsets or cheating when we whooped them in the playoffs a few years ago.

Just because they cheat doesn't mean they can't be beaten but it does me they help sway the odds in their favor - It shouldn't be acceptable.

And no, every team doesn't cheat.  Most people have integrity.

You do not believe in fair play at all?  No one was whining when we beat them?  Perhaps because there was no headset issues or cheating when that happened?

Just because they cheat doesn't mean they can't be beaten but it does me they help sway the odds in their favor - It shouldn't be acceptable.

And no, every team doesn't cheat.  Most people have integrity.

every single coach is looking for a way to bend rules and gain an edge.

This!

I'm already there - I didn't watch last nights game - just really uninterested.  The league is a joke, it's not real competition as long as teams continue to get away with doing whatever they want.  This was clearly a big F-U to the NFL - "You do this to us, we're gonna cheat and you can't do anything about it"  I can just see Kraft, BB and Brady laughing this morning.

They've broken the rules for years...everyone inside the league has known about it, nothing was done.  Now it's public...what do we really expect to change?

It's really not worth watching any more.

Add me in

I watched the Mets vs Braves instead of the cheating bastids and their butt buddies, the crooked refs.

Furthermore this will be my last season of feathering the NFLs nest with my 1525 dollars per seat.

My PSLs will be sold during the season for 60-70% of what I paid..... (Investment Gold...LOL) and I'll go to two or three Jet games via stubhub

Ha ha now headsetgate..lol

The NFL handles the communications system for the teams, not the home teams..

The NFL provides the head sets to teams before the game.lol 

Ha ha i guess the headsets came into play when you decide to run a trick play in the first series of the game.

Or your field goal kicker missed 2 field goals.

Leaving Gronk open or false starting on your own goal line...ha ha 

Thoses damn headsets...god im gonna enjoy the hell out of this season...

we are allowed to disagree but keep in mind the coach whining last night about headset issues has seen his team benefit from them at home and this same man tried to interfere w/ a return man in play.

The Pittsburg Steelers purposely interfered with the headphones of their opponents?  I wasn't aware of that.

As for the interference - that's a moment of passion that got the best of him.  He apologized and accepted his penalty like a man.  Continual and premeditated cheating - with continued denials are two very, very different things.

The Patriots cheat for the sake of cheating which is funny.  As mentioned, this is another FU to the league.

The problem with Deflategate is that the NFL went after the player without enough evidence.  The NFLPA is not going to get involved if the NFL goes after Belichick or the team. 

Right ... and RF signals can't be intentionally altered or interfered with by any other device .. there's no chance an organization as upstanding as the Patriots would ever lower themselves to that level.

And they still cheat and find amazingly creative ways at getting around the rules.

I am not sure the NFL realizes quite yet how serious the issue with the Pats is becoming. They came out and said they were at fault with the headsets. BS. Tomlin would not make the statements he made if that was truly the case.

The owners really need to get together and control the Patriots. Outside of NE, even those that staunchly are anti-NFL corporate and wanted Brady to get off know they cheat. And that is a HUGE issue.

Even their entire offense is a joke. Almost every play is a true pick play yet they never get called. Yes, all teams in the NFL use formations to create natural pick plays but NE goes beyond that with their pick plays. And they hold on every play, figuring the league will only call it a couple times and not every time they do it.

The Pittsburg Steelers purposely interfered with the headphones of their opponents?  I wasn't aware of that.

As for the interference - that's a moment of passion that got the best of him.  He apologized and accepted his penalty like a man.  Continual and premeditated cheating - with continued denials are two very, very different things.

a moment of passion:lol: come on.  I would assume they purposely interfered, teams do it all the time.

Ha ha i guess the headsets came into play when you decide to run a trick play in the first series of the game.

Or your field goal kicker missed 2 field goals.

Leaving Gronk open or false starting on your own goal line...ha ha 

Thoses damn headsets...god im gonna enjoy the hell out of this season...

Are you really that dumb? They are RADIOs, they do not need to physically tamper with the headsets to screw with them. And the fact that they picked up the Pats radio broadcast is either incompetence by the radio station (doubtful as they know what frequencies to use) or intentional. It was the **Cheatriots"" way to once again smugly so F-you to the NFL as I have stated before.

**** Mike Tomlin.

He should be upset that he took his team to Foxboro and had them come out looking like one of the least prepared teams in the league in the opening game of the season. The only reason the Steelers were even in this game is because the Patriots defense isn't any good, and Ben can go off-script to extend plays.

As for the headsets, you gotta figure the Patriots have made an extensive investment in stealing hand signs. If you remove the radio, it forces teams to use hand signs as a primary means of communication. If you are fresh off of a cheating scandal, but want to be able to keep cheating, then you go right back to it - then be prepared to cry that you've experienced the exact same problems. So that it gets blown off as a technical problem, not foul play.

The problem, and why it is totally unbelievable that Belichick has always had the same problem, is that Bill has shown that if ANYTHING causes him disadvantage he furiously fixes it. We saw this first hand when the muddy field caused them to lose to Mangini's Jets, the next day, new turf was installed. So, nobody for a second should believe that Belichick's always experienced radio problems (just like his opponents) in his home games. He wouldn't stand for it, just like he wouldn't stand for not knowing about the deflated balls.

I'll give him one thing... he's an extremely tactical liar.

To be fair on the pick plays, Mornhinweg installed a sh*tload and the Jets guys were pitiful at them.  They would literally run out there and block.  I guess maybe we could blame that on Sanjay Lal cause I could show them how to do it in about 10 minutes.  It's even simpler than having Girardi come in and teach how to slide.

My guess is that every opposing HC is going to have some comments about something being off every game played in that stadium this year.  The long standing pattern of behavior is going to get nitpicked in the public eye all year.  Fine with me.

oh so they only cheat when they win?

What in gods name are you talking about?  Regarding the Pats, wins and loses are totally beside the point and success or non success are brought up by those trying to deflect the actual cheat.  (See the endless bull about is deflating an actual advantage?)  The Pats have broken rules in the past, often and have been caught often to such an extent that everything they do is viewed with suspicion, and they brought it all on themselves.  Saying, oh forget about it just beat them does not change the fact that the team and the regime have bent an broken the rules far more consistently than other teams.

The scary part in all of this, is that the headset traffic must be un-encrypted OR they broke the encrytion..  If they could superimpose the radio station feed onto the the opposing teams headset carrier signal, AND the coaches could not hear each other BECAUSE IT WAS TOO LOUD, means that they can also hear what was on the line when it is not tampered with.  In realtime.  Gee, I wonder how they seem to know what is coming before hand.

Archived