Any forum issues?

I am working with IPB and I am trying to get a forum issue list together. I have notes but I want to make sure I have everything. @Nolder @Lizard King and others....please let me know if there are any unresolved issues  

Currently I know about 3 or 4 people are having an issue logging in and getting logged out after clicking anything. There is an issue with the quotes pulling in old quotes as well. But please let know of any other bugs that you see.

I still have plans to set up the custom group for Mafia with editing and possibly brining back nest quotes for this forum. But I have to see if there is a programmer that we can pay to do that last one. Just want to get everything else resolved first.

Thanks.

Issues as in bugs or performance issues? I don't use mobile so I haven't encountered any except for that quote glitch which I think you are aware of. Everything seems to work really smooth and nice.

Yes - that is what I meant. Bugs and stuff like that.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh and if you want to ISO someone, ie loook at all their posts in a specific thread..... it won't let you do it. It keeps asking for a tag or a term. So you can't just see all the posts of a specific member in a game thread.

@Maxman

• Mobile skin no longer functions as well as it did back when I did testing for you
  • Major problems with typing posts, quoting posts, and general use of the interface
  • Site used to have links to see the most repped posts on the site, that was great
  • You used to be able to isolate all of the posts by one poster in any given thread

Also some of the ads have become obtrusive..  One in particular has been intermittently putting a big blue shaded box on the top 1/3rd of a page and it stays there when switching pages. 

No idea what the ad is for.

I am so sorry about this. I am told that the upgrade fixes this. We were supposed to upgrade last week. But here is my concern. The upgrade removes View New Content and My Content and merges them into something new called Activity Streams. I was trying to do a write up on these changes. Please take a look at this, there is even a video. I just want to make sure this isn't going to mess everyone up. If this looks good we can upgrade very soon.

Please check this out and let me know what you think. I am also going to put a thread for this in the Feedback forum and NFL forum so everyone sees it.  Thanks!

We will create a default theme for View New Content.

Activity Streams

Many older areas like View New Content, My Content, and more are now merged into the new Activity Streams feature. You can still replicate all that those old areas did and we actually ship with some default Streams to get you started. You can also, if you like, set an admin-default stream that shows in the upper right area automatically. Your members can override that with their own defaults if they find they like their own custom streams better.

For example, every morning when I get online I first check a custom Stream I created that I named "Home" which I selected as my default. By checking the default icon, a link always shows in the upper right.

562e7a63b487b_Home-InvisionPowerServices

Admins can also define a selection of available streams and set a global default. Here is an example that creates an unread content stream.

562e7ac847197_UnreadContent2015-10-26xvr

Also some of the ads have become obtrusive..  One in particular has been intermittently putting a big blue shaded box on the top 1/3rd of a page and it stays there when switching pages. 

No idea what the ad is for.

Is this on mobile or desktop?

@Maxman

I thought the quoting issues would be fixed. Just an FYI, there so many complaints about the mobile site and I agree it's extremely frustrating to use.

I agree. I am sorry about that, had a big project just finish last week. So I am on top of this now, we will get it sorted out. Please check this out and give some feedback. If everyone is okay with the New Activity Stream we can upgrade right away. Then I will compile a list of any remaining issues and I will pay a programmer to make any customizations that are needed.

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/125753-the-quoting-system/#comment-2983481

Thanks!

I agree. I am sorry about that, had a big project just finish last week. So I am on top of this now, we will get it sorted out. Please check this out and give some feedback. If everyone is okay with the New Activity Stream we can upgrade right away. Then I will compile a list of any remaining issues and I will pay a programmer to make any customizations that are needed.

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/125753-the-quoting-system/#comment-2983481

Thanks!

It's really all aroudn quoting as the big issue (and finding 1 persons posts ina  given thread). 

On the normal boards i'm sure it's not as bad, but it is really frustrating when you multi quote over many pages, then try and respond and the quotes you multiquoted are embedded with some other post you started to make. You asically have to delete and start over, and sometimes, even clearing the source box doesn't help, it just keeps coming back

This also happens in seperate tabs as well. Sometimes I will be typing a response in 1 tab, and use another tab for reasarch, and when I try and quote it pulls the stuf fin from the other tab

here is what it looks like..  it's actually smaller than it was before but you'll see the words setting and market in there as well in blue..  that's how far down the blue box was going originally.  On the phone the box extends across the screen pretty much making it impossible to use.

error_zpsp6tg6t05.jpg

here is what it looks like..  it's actually smaller than it was before but you'll see the words setting and market in there as well in blue..  that's how far down the blue box was going originally.  On the phone the box extends across the screen pretty much making it impossible to use.

error_zpsp6tg6t05.jpg

Thank you. I will block them. I appreciate the screen print, it helps a lot.

I don't have anything to add that others haven't already said but I just want to say thank you @Maxman for trying so hard to fix all the problems we've been having so we can play our silly little games. We really appreciate all you do here.

tUo992l.jpg

Thank you, I appreciate that!

16 hours ago, nyjunc said:

is there going to be a "new posts" button?

They changed it slightly. Just hover over the Activity tab up top, and click 'Unread Content'. That should do the trick.

Please let me know if you have any problems. Thanks.

Archived