Cro sprained knee?

batman10023

It really does and I can't lose an ounce of weight no matter how many miles I walk in a week

I still (foolishly) play in an inner-city bball league here in Philly. Some of the players are very good (play in local colleges, we had a guy who was recruited to Temple).  This summer one of these phenoms posterized me with a dunk over my head.  I was catching my breath afterward and as he was backpeddling toward his basket to play D, he just raised his hands and said to me, "If you're tired mista, just go home!"

That's where I sprained my knee, also. That was probably 6 months ago.  Injuries/age have really limited my effectiveness. I was never a skilled player, just depended on speed/jumping. Now since I am losing that, I don't have a shot to fall back on.  But if I don't do it I'm afraid I'll start packing on the LBs.  I'm sure it will ultimately end badly with me tearing something.

I still (foolishly) play in an inner-city bball league here in Philly. Some of the players are very good (play in local colleges, we had a guy who was recruited to Temple).  This summer one of these phenoms posterized me with a dunk over my head.  I was catching my breath afterward and as he was backpeddling toward his basket to play D, he just raised his hands and said to me, "If you're tired mista, just go home!"

That's where I sprained my knee, also. That was probably 6 months ago.  Injuries/age have really limited my effectiveness. I was never a skilled player, just depended on speed/jumping. Now since I am losing that, I don't have a shot to fall back on.  But if I don't do it I'm afraid I'll start packing on the LBs.  I'm sure it will ultimately end badly with me tearing something.

you're still a young man too John, I'm hitting the big six-oh no in less than 3 weeks-I actually really DO look a lot like Uncle Fester now too...sheesh kill me now please

I'm Williams biggest fan.  The guy is a stud.  He can flat out play and might be better than Cro at this point in his career.  That said, you can never have enough CB's in the league, so this is good news. 

Yup. Honestly, if Cro does play we'll probably see more Williams regardless so they don't over do it with him. The big takeaway from this is our depth doesn't take a huge hit.

Yup. Honestly, if Cro does play we'll probably see more Williams regardlessregardless so they don't over do it with him. The big takeaway from this is our depth doesn't take a huge hit.

I think that what we are seeing is how the game is changing (again) and in the coming years, nothing will be more important THAN depth. You better have good players on every level because with the way players are dropping like flies you're gonna need them.

Turnovers yesterday, good news today regarding Cromartie.... I'm afraid to blink.

I sprained my knee horribly once I was convinced I tore everything in there. Explains his reaction yesterday.

PS: I cried though. True story. It f?%*^ing hurt like crazy.

Yeah when I saw the replay then his reaction I thought he was done for ghe season too.....great news!!! Plus with the depth we have at corner he can take his time getting healthy.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

I think that what we are seeing is how the game is changing (again) and in the coming years, nothing will be more important THAN depth. You better have good players on every level because with the way players are dropping like flies you're gonna need them.

depth has always been critical.  look at our last 2 playoff steams.  2009 we lost Jenkins, Leon and more.  HUGE parts of our team and we made the title game.  2010 we lost Jenkins again, lost Woody, lost Leonhard and again made title game.  good teams are generally deep teams.

I think Cromartie's injury is a good example of why I'm horrible at diagnosing things from my television. Because when he went down I said out loud: "Oh man, he's done. His career might be too. You can tell by the way he fell and the agony he's in." 

In retrospect, maybe the visual display of agony was a sign that Cro didn't tear his ACL.  Jenkins, Jordy and others when they tore their respective ACLs didn't Paul Pierce it on the field and walked off on their own power.

Then again, Dustin Keller writhed in pain on the field, but his knew blew up like a grenade.

In retrospect, maybe the visual display of agony was a sign that Cro didn't tear his ACL.  Jenkins, Jordy and others when they tore their respective ACLs didn't Paul Pierce it on the field and walked off on their own power.

Then again, Dustin Keller writhed in pain on the field, but his knew blew up like a grenade.

Seriously. You can tell by the way he fell? Those words came out of my mouth verbatim. I feel like the too high guy from Major League.

I think Cromartie's injury is a good example of why I'm horrible at diagnosing things from my television. Because when he went down I said out loud: "Oh man, he's done. His career might be too. You can tell by the way he fell and the agony he's in." 

Yeah. The way he was pounding the ground reminded my of Vinny in 1999.

Lol, sprains hurt, too! Watching the replay hurt me. 

Glad it's short term. Can never have enough corners. 

Indeed they do but Ive had many sprains. Knees, Ankles etc. Not once did I look like that. His body language was such that no one considered a sprain. Even the announcers talked about his body language looking like a serious injury.

That's all I'm sayin

Cro's reaction was more a product of his worst professional fear possibly happening in what clear y WE AS FANS ALL THOUGHT: untouched and collapse like that usually indicates torn ligaments. 

We as fans have sadly seen hundreds of guys' knees literally shredded and their career is over like that. Those 2 minutes probably the scariest of his career. Thank god it was merely a sprain, but for a COMPLETE non-technician CB, Cro's injury will only hurt his game more at this stage of his career. 

Archived