StubHub/Ticketmonster question

Anyone know what time they stop selling before kickoff?  Who makes tickets available for the longest time frame?  A buddy of mine told me his boss got a great deal on Sunday by waiting until a few minutes before kickoff but not sure if that was an exaggeration because I'm sure stubhub cancels the listing within a couple hours of the event and I've used ticketmonster a couple of times too but no idea when they shut you out.

Anyone know what time they stop selling before kickoff?  Who makes tickets available for the longest time frame?  A buddy of mine told me his boss got a great deal on Sunday by waiting until a few minutes before kickoff but not sure if that was an exaggeration because I'm sure stubhub cancels the listing within a couple hours of the event and I've used ticketmonster a couple of times too but no idea when they shut you out.

A few friends of mine do that. When a bunch of us are going to the game, they'll come over on the train, come to our tailgate, hang around, and continuously check stubhub right up until 12:15/12:30. Most times they'll end up scoring great deals, and every once in a while they won't so they'd just head back to the city. It's a fun game of risk/reward with the only risk being you might end up paying for the train and throwing your friends a few bucks for the food/beer to ultimately not get to go to the game. Honestly though, even that isn't that bad during those cold december games after the Jets have been eliminated from contention...the way redzone, ultra high-def, and FF are nowadays, it's almost better to just spend $30 to go tailgate with friends for 4 hours on a sunday morning and then just head back to your cozy apt and watch football in comfort all day. 

But yea, as with anything like this (last minute hotels/airfare)- if there's little demand and a surplus of product which people (or institutions in the case of airfare) are willing to part with for pennies on the dime just to minimize their losses, you can get some legit steals. 

A few friends of mine do that. When a bunch of us are going to the game, they'll come over on the train, come to our tailgate, hang around, and continuously check stubhub right up until 12:15/12:30. Most times they'll end up scoring great deals, and every once in a while they won't so they'd just head back to the city. It's a fun game of risk/reward with the only risk being you might end up paying for the train and throwing your friends a few bucks for the food/beer to ultimately not get to go to the game. Honestly though, even that isn't that bad during those cold december games after the Jets have been eliminated from contention...the way redzone, ultra high-def, and FF are nowadays, it's almost better to just spend $30 to go tailgate with friends for 4 hours on a sunday morning and then just head back to your cozy apt and watch football in comfort all day. 

But yea, as with anything like this (last minute hotels/airfare)- if there's little demand and a surplus of product which people (or institutions in the case of airfare) are willing to part with for pennies on the dime just to minimize their losses, you can get some legit steals. 

How do they print tickets or does stubhub app allow you to download the barcode to your phone?

Be careful though because some listings say "pick up at stubhub location" which is in the city and wouldn't be helpful if your tailgating in the parking lot at MetLife lol..so check the ticket delivery system first just to be safe! I'd hope stubhub wouldn't list any tickets that close to game time that say that but you never know!

Archived