Good video of Todd Bowles mic'd up at the game

GREENBEAN

Thanks for posting.  He looks totally uncomfortable on the side line and I love it.  He kind of looks like a fan with some of his reactions.  Loved him calling both routes, the double move on Cro and then when the ball was going to Williams.

Also love his conversation with Revis. "You didnt want to score so you could get a break.  That's a veteran move, right there".

Good stuff.  Really like this dude. 

Thanks for posting.  He looks totally uncomfortable on the side line and I love it.  He kind of looks like a fan with some of his reactions.  Loved him calling both routes, the double move on Cro and then when the ball was going to Williams.

Also love his conversation with Revis. "You didnt want to score so you could get a break.  That's a veteran move, right there".

Good stuff.  Really like this dude. 

I agree. He was screaming the exact play before it happened. Awesome! 

The only problem was that it was not heard or listened to en route to the TD.  It's good to see such a good example our HC's field knowledge though.

Wow so far Bowles is awesome. Better leader, commands more respect. Frankly he also seems like a smarter defensive mind than Rex and clearly has a better grasp on being a true head coach and not a DC with a HC title.

I'm not sure this is the case.  I don't think he's proven he commands respect at all.  In fact, that's the one thing I'm most concerned about with Bowles.  There have been numerous instances where the team has shown they don't respect him.  

I guess you can make the case he commands more respect than Rex, but Rex is a bafoon.

Loved Rex when he was here but I'm digging the even keeled nature from Bowles, doesn't get too high  or low and keeps the players grounded.  As fun as Rex was he would've just acted like he won the Super Bowl.

Especially over Pettine. 

I agree. He was screaming the exact play before it happened. Awesome! 

The only problem was that it was not heard or listened to en route to the TD.  It's good to see such a good example our HC's field knowledge though.

Who knows if Cro could actually hear him but yeah, the fact he called it out and Cro bit on a short curl that would not have been deep enough for the first, is concerning.   That was terrible coverage that Marcus Wiliams would have never done.  :)

I'm not sure this is the case.  I don't think he's proven he commands respect at all.  In fact, that's the one thing I'm most concerned about with Bowles.  There have been numerous instances where the team has shown they don't respect him.  

I guess you can make the case he commands more respect than Rex, but Rex is a bafoon.

Not sure I get what you are talking about.   What are you talking about?

Not sure I get what you are talking about.   What are you talking about?

Well, everyone is claiming he has the players respect.  What is that based upon?

from the actions I've seen I have some concerns.  

1) Sheldon lying to him about the trouble he was in.  

2) a player punching his QB in the locker room

3) the team then publicly throwing the QB under the bus (not keeping the matter in house) - including team leaders

4)  Curley coming out publicly about his playing time.  

Each on there own isn't a big deal, but players that respect their coach don't lie to him, don't publicly throw teammates under the bus and certainly don't go to the press to complain about playing time. 

I'm not saying he's not a good leader just that I'm a bit concerned. 

Well, everyone is claiming he has the players respect.  What is that based upon?

3) the team then publicly throwing the QB under the bus (not keeping the matter in house) - including team leaders

Each on there own isn't a big deal, but players that respect their coach don't lie to him, don't publicly throw teammates under the bus and certainly don't go to the press to complain about playing time. 

I think that is the nature of dealing with such a large group of young, violent people who are often getting their first taste of money.  I think it is a bit silly to scream circus when sh*t like that happened under Rex and act like Bowles commands such respect, but I haven't seen anything to fault Bowles for yet.  FWIW, the "we have to clean things up" quote was something Mangini said all the time.

Sheldon has issues, obviously.  I think it is a bit of a reach to call it a respect thing.

I don't think IK was thinking much about the coach or his respect or lack of respect for him when he impulsively unleashed his third violent physical assault (that we know about).

The team bad-mouthing Geno was not that extensive, but that is your best argument, I suppose.  But it happened so early into his tenure that the team may not have yet been aware of his attitude about dealing with the press, as he laid out in detail when talking about Marshall's race comments.  Haven't heard a lot of dumb stuff since then.

As to Kerley, since when has a player who is used to playing bitching about playing time a lack of respect?  It happens on virtually every team.

With all due respect, I think you are really reaching here.

Sheldon has issues, obviously.  I think it is a bit of a reach to call it a respect thing.

I don't think IK was thinking much about the coach or his respect or lack of respect for him when he impulsively unleashed his third violent physical assault (that we know about).

The team bad-mouthing Geno was not that extensive, but that is your best argument, I suppose.  But it happened so early into his tenure that the team may not have yet been aware of his attitude about dealing with the press, as he laid out in detail when talking about Marshall's race comments.  Haven't heard a lot of dumb stuff since then.

As to Kerley, since when has a player who is used to playing bitching about playing time a lack of respect?  It happens on virtually every team.

With all due respect, I think you are really reaching here.

I'm  simply trying to make two points...

1) I have concerns (not saying he doesn't have their respect or isn't a good leader, but that some of the things that have happened worry me a bit) - note I've also stated in my initial post, that all of this may very well be residual effects of Rex, with Bowles not being here long enough yet to fix his mess.

2) Many on the board continue to spout how much respect he has and what a good leader he is.  I have little proof of that and think it's a bit premature to make that claim so boldly (he may very well be all of those things - but we just don't know)

I'm a fan of Bowles, I'm excited about Bowles and I think we actually have the right guy right now...but I certainly don't think I'm reaching to have some concerns based upon what I've seen so far.

Archived