JetNation \ FanDuel League: Week Two

Maxman

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They know damned well that many of us will spend the $10 winnings and a lot more right on their genius site.  They know exactly what they are doing.  I have never seen a more aggressive advertising blitz as fanduel has been putting out the last 3 weeks.  Hats off to them.  They built a winner. 

They showed a figure of the top 10 companies as far as advertising over the first week of the football season: draft king was #1 at $16 million, then a few cellular and beer companies followed by fan duel at #6 at $10 million or so. It's insane how much those two have been advertising, they're absolutely killing it. They're commercials of "average-joe-bets-$50-wins-$1 mill" really resonates, brilliant. 

If we had any intelligence as a community, we'd conspire as a group to cap all entries at 200. Then take our free money and run.

Which is why I'm in a holding pattern.  I could add 8 more teams but waiting to see what the number looks like tomorrow night.

Which is why I'm in a holding pattern.  I could add 8 more teams but waiting to see what the number looks like tomorrow night.

I'm doing the same. I dropped a few in, haven't even set the lineups yet, now waiting to see how full the league gets. If we get to 190 for example, I'll bring it to 200 but not over so we all net out with prizes

They showed a figure of the top 10 companies as far as advertising over the first week of the football season: draft king was #1 at $16 million, then a few cellular and beer companies followed by fan duel at #6 at $10 million or so. It's insane how much those two have been advertising, they're absolutely killing it. They're commercials of "average-joe-bets-$50-wins-$1 mill" really resonates, brilliant. 

It's the new lottery... A voluntary tax on the poor and stupid.

they pay out 75m a week during football season fanduel says.  They have a 10% take.  That's 7.5m.   Sounds like a loss

I've used fanduel before but have always been confused by that, do you know if they restructure the prize order if 200 people do not sign up? 

They don't. We surpassed it but it doesn't matter. If 15 people sign up the prizes are the same.

I thought there used to be a 5 entry limit per person 

Last week they had a 5 entry per person limit, this week they changed it to 20. Don't quote my math I ran this quick but I think last week if we had 130 people in it they made $1,300 and paid out $5,580 in prize money.

With 300 entries like we have right now they bring in $3,000 and pay out $7,000.

So they actually lose a little more money on it this week. They have to be at 700 people to break even, that is insane.

Archived