Classic Clips

nyjunc

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:28 AM, joewilly12 said:

I was at that game!!!!!!!!

The '81 season is special to me b/c that's the first one I can mostly remember as a 5/6 year old.  I have vivid memories about that season and I love the old games on youtube w/ the old sounds and graphics. It brings me right back to that time.

The first game I went to was 2 years later vs. Buffalo, a few years ago someone had posted it to youtube but the league took it down.  the league takes a lot of these games down but they seem to pop up again from time to time.

• Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:59 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Another painful loss but it is a "classic clip".  And without painful loss clips, this thread would probably be pretty short.

Jack Pardee's attire was on point that day:

image.png.053c9443a92e6d8ff5267955c4cb07d1.png

And it looks like the coaching staff made a conscious decision to dress the same

image.png.439b5ca2a5e968b765b2b1af905c4b9a.png

That game was so frustrating, we got stopped on 4th and about 1 twice deep in Houston territory and it appeared we got the first down each time.  this was the last year of replay before it went away for a few years and I don't recall if they reviewed either play.  we also had an INT deep in Houston territory that hit the ground and should have been incomplete, again replay didn't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 8:54 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Check out the Jets "brain trust" at 4:31.  Joe Walton (HC) and Rich Kotite (OC).  On the other sidelines was Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick.  Yet, the Jets won this game.

image.png.4a2c1d81855fb1c943b6b3d15265c5c5.png

At the 2:45 minute mark they mention a Giants' player named Wayne Haddix.  I thought I remembered his name was Michael Haddix (that name rang a bell) so I looked it up.  Check out (below) what I found.  It really raises the question of why the Jets are the team most associated with passing up on Marino.  I wonder if it's even a thing in Philly.  Marino was born in PA and played college ball in Pittsburgh so I would imagine the Eagles would've had fan pressure to draft him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Haddix

image.thumb.png.395ba4359d578db57136f4b063abe39a.png