Classic Clips

nyjunc

I'd forgotten just how good Freeman McNeil was. Thanks for reminding me.

Most talented back I have ever seen in a Jet uni.  as much as I love Curtis Freeman was a better runner, the problem is Freeman wasn't durable while Curtis was and Curtis is in the HOF where Freeman would have been had he stayed healthy.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanted to create this to share youtube clips of old games.  the NFL cracks down from time to time so they may not last but enjoy them while they do.

1982 AFC 1st rd at Cincinnati

With the commercials and everything. How cool!  :D

I loved Freeman Mcneil man. My favorite Jet back ever.

• Upvote 1

I have been watching the NFL since the 70's, and IMO the 80's was by far the best football. Watching those old clips reminds me how bad the NFL has gotten in comparison. Still nothign compares, but it was sooooo much better back then.

Thanks for the clips!

late 60's and the 70's were magical.  Best teams ever.     

And when did Sanchez ever come close to throwing a ball like Kenny O?

Agreed.  And I loved the Kenny O celebration where he pumps his fists after the overtime TD. 

Even though he's no Marino (except in number of Superbowl titles), O'Brien is still one of the best QBs we've had in a long time.  Testaverde in '98 was better and probably Favre pre-injury was as well.  But other than that, O'Brien in his prime compares favorably to just about anyone else since.  Or am I overstating the case for him? 

And when did Sanchez ever come close to throwing a ball like Kenny O?

this thread isn't for that but when did Kenny ever come close to winning playoff games like Sanchez?  when did he have a deep threat like Walker?  O'Brien had a great deep ball but stone feet and he'd always hold on to the ball too long and take unnecessary sacks. If he played today and had the same career he would bashed constantly by Jet fans but over time people forget.

Agreed.  And I loved the Kenny O celebration where he pumps his fists after the overtime TD. 

Even though he's no Marino (except in number of Superbowl titles), O'Brien is still one of the best QBs we've had in a long time.  Testaverde in '98 was better and probably Favre pre-injury was as well.  But other than that, O'Brien in his prime compares favorably to just about anyone else since.  Or am I overstating the case for him? 

O'Brien is so overrated by Jet fans b/c they see some clips on youtube.  he threw a pretty deep ball but the man inherited a young core that just made an AFC Championship Game and never won a single playoff game.  O'Brien might be top 5 all time as a Jet QB and please don't put Favre up there.  pre injury/post injury he was the same inconsistent throw it up for grabs player for us.  he sabotaged our season.

Vinny '98 was the best single season in Jets history for a QB, Chad '02 was probably 2nd and if Fitz finishes strong he might be 3rd.

O'Brien in his prime played on loaded teams in a weak AFC and never won a playoff game, the only playoff game we won in his era was when he got benched for the 1986 playoffs and Pat Ryan led us to a WC win.  Ryan then got hurt in the div rd at Cle and in 5 qtrs. O'Brien out up 13 pts, the lone TD came after a TO and Freeman ran it in on the first play. 

this thread isn't for that but when did Kenny ever come close to winning playoff games like Sanchez?  when did he have a deep threat like Walker?  O'Brien had a great deep ball but stone feet and he'd always hold on to the ball too long and take unnecessary sacks. If he played today and had the same career he would bashed constantly by Jet fans but over time people forget.

Sorry should have realized this would open the door for this response.  Only you think Holmes, Edwards, etc can't go deep.  

If OB played on the 09-10 Jets he would have actually helped the team win, not go for the ride and would have made it further.  Can you ever not defend that huge waste of a 5th round pick by downplaying his team and players?  

Sorry should have realized this would open the door for this response.  Only you think Holmes, Edwards, etc can't go deep.  

If OB played on the 09-10 Jets he would have actually helped the team win, not go for the ride and would have made it further.  Can you ever not defend that huge waste of a 5th round pick by downplaying his team and players?  

they aren't the deep threat of Wesley Walker and in case you forget mark hit Braylon deep a lot.

stupid quote malfunctioned again

you should know when you post misinformation I will be there to correct you.

Walker averaged 19 yds per rec for his career, one of the best deep threats in league history.  Holmes 15.5, Edwards 15.4 and do we not forget all the deep balls to Braylon? do we forget an 80 yd TD in stride in an AFC Championship game?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah.  Let me get this staright, ken couldn't lead a loaded team in a weak era of AFC football to a single playoff win but he would have led us to SBs in a much tougher conference w/ no chance at home games in the playoffs b/c of Brady?  you are funny.

stupid quote malfunctioned again

The point isn't how good Walker was, the point is you shlt on everyone Snachez had no use for.  With rules that OB wished he had.

How many games did you see Kenny play?  what skill outside of running do you actually believe Sanchez has over him.

Now go back to explaining how Walker made OB and Sanchez couldn't make Braylon or Holmes as good as they were before Sanchez.  

Once again a long drawn out idiotic argument will ensue between football fans and a clueless fanboy who argues that Namath was lucky. .  bye.