Classic Clips

nyjunc

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

One of the worst regular season losses I remember.  Blair Thomas fumbles when Chicago had no timeouts and the Jets could have burned 99% of the clock.  Then Leahy misses a chip shot FG on OT.

yeah it was awful, we probably should have been used to it.  the teams in that era always found ways to blow late leads but this one was painful though in the end it didn't hurt us as far as making the playoffs.  I think that game dropped us to 1-3 w/ 2 tough losses in a row as we lost late to Buffalo a week earlier.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is a clip -- from 32 years ago tonight.  10/14/85.  Joe's #12 is retired at a halftime ceremony during a Monday Night Game against the Dolphins.  Video below is the ceremony which was broadcast during that telecast, with Joe and Weeb Ewbank.

On 7/27/2017 at 10:16 AM, Jetdawgg said:

Thoughts:

I love the confetti panels on the outside of Shea.

Jets uniforms look good (though I think the current day Jets uniforms are our best ever.)

I wish the refs in today's game wore throwbacks to these red and white vertical striped uniforms

I half-expected the crowd to be wearing suits and ties.

It's weird to see the Houston Oilers without Earl Campbell.

I like the stripes on the goal posts.

The "Oilers" make complete sense as a nickname for a team from Houston.  The "Texans" has to be the least creative team nickname in the NFL.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:12 AM, Lith said:

Here is a clip -- from 32 years ago tonight.  10/14/85.  Joe's #12 is retired at a halftime ceremony during a Monday Night Game against the Dolphins.  Video below is the ceremony which was broadcast during that telecast, with Joe and Weeb Ewbank.

we crushed the dolphins that night.  Joe was working for ABC and came down from the Monday Night booth for that ceremony.

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Opening day against the Pats (Vinny T injured)

one of the worst days in Jets history, the air went tout of that stadium when Vinny went down, Parcells' biggest mistake(outside of not committing to Peyton and running off BB) was going into 1999 w/o a decent backup and it killed us.  In this game key was incredible and we were doing fine w/ Tupa through 3 then he put Mirer in and blew it.  we missed the playoffs by 1 game that year.

Check out the 6:43 mark from this video about old school NFL.  Also check out 23:27 for Namath footage of a fan trying to storm the field to berate him.  They also mention that after SB III, Namath never again beat a team with a winning record.  And he had a streak of 20 straight games with an interception.

43 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They also mention that after SB III, Namath never again beat a team with a winning record.  And he had a streak of 20 straight games with an interception.

Thats not true, in 1974 he was the starting QB when the Jets beat the Dolphins.https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197411240nyj.htm

He also was the satrting QB when the Jets beat the Bills. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197412080nyj.htm

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it looks like the NFL has taken down a bunch of the games we have posted here. I know I posted this one before but it's back up:

1983 Jets vs. Rams

this was the game w/ the long Dickerson run we always see in the highlights and the famous Gastineau sack dance brawl.