Classic Clips

nyjunc

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 6:54 AM, nyjunc said:

The game that would change the NFL forever

The first Jet game post-9/11 was the game Mo Lewis knocked out Bledsoe?  I didn't remember that.  I actually thought it was on Monday Night Football.  And from the comments in that video, apparently it was the first game played in the entire NFL post-9/11.

And R.I.P. Dick Enberg.

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The first Jet game post-9/11 was the game Mo Lewis knocked out Bledsoe?  I didn't remember that.  I actually thought it was on Monday Night Football.  And from the comments in that video, apparently it was the first game played in the entire NFL post-9/11.

And R.I.P. Dick Enberg.

yes it as the first game post 9/11 and the game Mo knocked out Bledsoe.  It was 1PM game so it was part of the first slate of games post 9/11 but not necessarily the 1st.

we had played NE on a Monday Night a year earlier(I think that was game 2 as well though the 2001 game was supposed to be game 3.  They had postponed week 2 and moved those games to week 17 which was why we played Oakland that final week instead of week 2), that was BB's return to the meadowlands as I think we trailed 19-7 in the 4th and won 20-19.  One of a bunch of great comebacks that year.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

yes it as the first game post 9/11 and the game Mo knocked out Bledsoe.  It was 1PM game so it was part of the first slate of games post 9/11 but not necessarily the 1st.

we had played NE on a Monday Night a year earlier(I think that was game 2 as well though the 2001 game was supposed to be game 3.  They had postponed week 2 and moved those games to week 17 which was why we played Oakland that final week instead of week 2), that was BB's return to the meadowlands as I think we trailed 19-7 in the 4th and won 20-19.  One of a bunch of great comebacks that year.

Ah, that must be the game I remembered.

Btw, the game you posted (the Mo Lewis hit on Bledsoe game) was Herm's first win as HC of the NYJ.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Ah, that must be the game I remembered.

Btw, the game you posted (the Mo Lewis hit on Bledsoe game) was Herm's first win as HC of the NYJ.

yeah it was.  I forgot about that.  we had lost week 1 to Indy at home then 2 days later 9/11 happened.  I do remember that Colts game, I think we were about to pull w/in 7 midway through the 4th qtr and Vinny fumbled then some big DL rumbled almost 100 yds for the TD to end any chances we had.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This game is almost certainly posted somewhere in these 11 pages but I don't think anyone will be upset at a repost! 

You know - it never occurred to me we won the Superbowl in Miami against a Don Shula coached team.

Obviously the greatest win in franchise history on that field against Shula then 14 years later on the same field against a Shula coached team we had one of our 2-3 worst losses.

• 2 weeks later...

It's strange that there really isn't any game footage of the replacement player games from the 1987.  I wonder if the NFL makes YouTube take that footage down because it puts the league in a bad light.  There's an ESPN 30 for 30 on YouTube that has replacement player footage but there's no actual game clips.  I think that stuff would be really interesting to see.  For example, record producer Suge Knight played 2 games for the LA Rams.

59 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's strange that there really isn't any game footage of the replacement player games from the 1987.  I wonder if the NFL makes YouTube take that footage down because it puts the league in a bad light.  There's an ESPN 30 for 30 on YouTube that has replacement player footage but there's no actual game clips.  I think that stuff would be really interesting to see.  For example, record producer Suge Knight played 2 games for the LA Rams.

I went to the Jets home replacement games. There were 3 weeks worth of games (2 home 1 road). The Jets replacement record was 1-2. The only game the Jets won was the 3rd game. Frankly, the only reason they won that game was because Pat Ryan crossed the picket line, giving the Jets a real NFL QB.

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I went to the Jets home replacement games. There were 3 weeks worth of games (2 home 1 road). The Jets replacement record was 1-2. The only game the Jets won was the 3rd game. Frankly, the only reason they won that game was because Pat Ryan crossed the picket line, giving the Jets a real NFL QB.

In the one win on the other side for Miami was future Jets QB Kyle Mackey.  The Jets had a few guys cross by the time that game was played including Gastineau.

920x920.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The game that brought back the instant replay (a.k.a. "The scourge of the NFL")

all the years we got screwed and replay never came back.  we get one call and they rush it back.

replay is ruining the game.

I can't remember if this game has been posted in this thread in its entirety (though I feel like it has not been).  This is the first time I've seen the whole game on YouTube.  Posting here just in case:

At the 38:14 mark, there's a really bizarre fake punt in another game (Eagles/Broncos).  I've never seen this before or since.

Some picture highlights:

Some dude on the Jets' sideline (maybe an assistant coach?) looking ultra-cool in his shades and green pants

image.png

Don Shula looking like the man in his Blu-Blocker sunglasses:

image.png

More blu-blockers

image.png

This guy again (wearing different shades this time)

image.png

Joe Walton and (I think) an assistant coach picking their noses simultaneously.

image.png

After the 2nd O'Brien to Walker TD (just before the end of the 1st half) the crowd was going crazy. 

image.png

At the 1:50:22 mark, referring to Marino in 1984:

Dick Enberg: The year before, 64%, 48 TDs, over 5000 yards

Merlin Olsen: I don't think we're ever going to see those numbers again

Boy, was Merlin Olsen ever wrong!  Then again, he probably meant "under these rules", in which case he was correct.

Meanwhile, at 2:06:06, we've got ourselves a bad-ass fan over here!

image.png

Mark Clayton wearing these nifty "eye protectors" (as Dick Enberg called them):

image.png

After a big 4th down conversion, Joe Walton lets off a little steam:

image.png

At 2:34:01 the ref intercepts a Marino pass (this game really had it all!)

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can't remember if this game has been posted in this thread in its entirety (though I feel like it has not been).  This is the first time I've seen the whole game on YouTube.  Posting here just in case:

At the 38:14 mark, there's a really bizarre fake punt in another game (Eagles/Broncos).  I've never seen this before or since.

Some picture highlights:

Some dude on the Jets' sideline (maybe an assistant coach?) looking ultra-cool in his shades and green pants

image.png

Don Shula looking like the man in his Blu-Blocker sunglasses:

image.png

More blu-blockers

image.png

This guy again (wearing different shades this time)

image.png

Joe Walton and (I think) an assistant coach picking their noses simultaneously.

image.png

It has definitely been post before but please keep posting as they take down full games on youtube from time to time so they get removed then will pop up again at some point.  the more links we have on here the more chances for us to see it.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not sure if this one has been posted (another classic loss unfortunately):

That was a great season w/ a tough ending.  The Raiders were just a tough matchup for us in those days.  I remember that was a hard fought game until a late INT in the 3rd where Coles made no effort to try to break it up when he easily could have.  That led to a TD and a 17-10 lead for Oak heading into the 4th qtr and they dominated the 4th qtr.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...