Classic Clips

nyjunc

• 2 weeks later...

When you watch those old films from 1980-1986, you realize that the guys who ran the team in those days knew how to build a team that would sustain competitiveness for years. This is my 40th of having season tix, and I almost cry when I see the talent the Jets had on both sides of the ball in those old clips compared to the crap we have now.

22 hours ago, section314 said:

When you watch those old films from 1980-1986, you realize that the guys who ran the team in those days knew how to build a team that would sustain competitiveness for years. This is my 40th of having season tix, and I almost cry when I see the talent the Jets had on both sides of the ball in those old clips compared to the crap we have now.

We went the entire 70s without making the playoffs and we had since success in the 80s but remember that was the pre free agency era, you could build and keep a team together.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 6:34 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

This one svcks but...

Is 1:53:06 really a hold on #62 (Todd Burger) or was that a bad call?

Also for those who talk sh-t about Curtis Martin for having a bad performance in this game, it was very windy and I think the Broncos overloaded the line to force the Jets to throw.  (in other words, the game plan went in a different direction).

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is 1:53:06 really a hold on #62 (Todd Burger) or was that a bad call?

Also for those who talk sh-t about Curtis Martin for having a bad performance in this game, it was very windy and I think the Broncos overloaded the line to force the Jets to throw.  (in other words, the game plan went in a different direction).

I suggest anyone who bashes Curtis for this game go back and watch it and tell me where his yards were supposed to come from?  Our OL was dominated, bronco defenders were in the backfield by the time he got the handoff.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Included in this show is a nice tribute to one of the best HCs the Jets ever had,  Walt Michaels.  He took over a joke of a team in 1977 and by time he was replaced they were in the AFC Title Game in the 1982 season.  He built the team without benefit of Free Agency.  Slowly and methodically through the draft.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:10 PM, Matt39 said:

Big Jets signing Neil Odonnell gets hurt in warmups

holy $hit!!!!  I almost forgot just how bad it was back then. I was at that game. One of the 21,000 idiots. lmao!!!

As bad as we feel like it can be sometimes, it was never like that again.  Did you hear how the fans were screaming at Kotite as he walked through the tunnel?  Jesus! 

On 3/13/2019 at 2:29 PM, nyjunc said:

1985 Jets at Bengals

damn! This was great. The Sack exchange is what got me into the Jets but these are the Jets I fell in love with.  Kenny O, Toon, Walker, Shuler, Mcneil, Mehl, Clifton, Lyons Gastineau.   Oh man I loved these guys.  

Screw Boomer and Collinsworth!  lol 

Thanks for posting. 

• Upvote 1