Classic Clips

nyjunc

On 6/28/2019 at 9:07 AM, Big Snell said:

This game was on my wedding day. After the ceremony we were stuck in post game traffic on Rt.3 on our way to the Landmark on rt.17. My new wife and I had our heads out of the sunroof of our limo and all the fans were honking their horns and telling me about the game. I started a mini JETS chant with the cars around me. What a great memory, and a wonderful wife. Sadly she passed away suddenly 3 years ago this past Wednesday. That's one Jets game I didn't mind missing.

I appreciate you sharing this story.  My condolences about your wife. 

18 hours ago, nyjunc said:

1985 vs Patriots

The old time announcers were far better than what is calling the games now a days where it seems every play is worthy of a long winded explanation. Charlie Jones was one of my favorites along with Marty Glickman and Al DeRogotius. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CSNY said:

The old time announcers were far better than what is calling the games now a days where it seems every play is worthy of a long winded explanation. Charlie Jones was one of my favorites along with Marty Glickman and Al DeRogotius. 

I loved Charlie Jones as a kid.  

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

2009 Wild Card game at Cincinnati

^^^THAT was a GREAT game...

This was the last game played at the meadowlands... Jets vs Bengals week 17 2009... the following week we played the same Bengals (see above)... it was a Win or go home game... A Great game as well.

• Upvote 1

On 9/18/2019 at 4:00 PM, nyjunc said:

Here is full version though it has Steelers radio announcers

I was at this game . what a sh-t show in the stands. I was sitting in the outfield bleachers behind the end zone by the scoreboard .  People were so upset that the Jets were moving to Jersey that they were ripping the bleachers apart . People were throwing metal pieces of the stands at the scoreboard and some were sticking into the scoreboard . the security guards gave up after a while . Me and my brother -in-law just chatted with a security guard making fun of the mayhem .t

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetsons said:

^^^THAT was a GREAT game...

This was the last game played at the meadowlands... Jets vs Bengals week 17 2009... the following week we played the same Bengals (see above)... it was a Win or go home game... A Great game as well.

That week 17 game was so much fun.  It was as cold a game as I have ever been to but well worth it.  What a crazy few weeks where we left the stadium after the Atlanta loss thinking the season was over and a 2 weeks later we were clinching a playoff spot.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Great moment at 2:20 when the Giants and Colts celebrate the 20th anniversary of the 1958 sudden death championship game by playing touch football in Central Park.

I remember this game.  It was my first year as a season ticket holder.  The Jets were eliminated from the playoffs the prior week in a heartbreaking loss to the Browns after a great 4th quarter comeback.  I stayed till the end of the game when there was virtually no one left in the stadium. 

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I remember this game.  It was my first year as a season ticket holder.  The Jets were eliminated from the playoffs the prior week in a heartbreaking loss to the Browns after a great 4th quarter comeback.  I stayed till the end of the game when there was virtually no one left in the stadium. 

Interesting.  The announcers mentioned that Browns game and that the Jets were known for comebacks.  Hard to believe there was a Jet team known for comebacks. lol.

30 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Interesting.  The announcers mentioned that Browns game and that the Jets were known for comebacks.  Hard to believe there was a Jet team known for comebacks. lol.

They had two great 4th quarter comebacks that year that I remember, both on the road.  Once against Denver which they won, and then again against Cleveland in which they took a late lead only to blow it at the end. The Cleveland loss eliminated them from playoff contention.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

First regular season Jets game I attended:

Leahy became serviceable late in his career but he was downright terrible the first 10 years.  The number of short field goals and PATs he missed is mind-boggling.  Why they never replaced him is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2020 at 7:01 AM, nyjunc said:

1992 at Denver

Al Toon's last game.

I miss Charlie Jones.  And all the broadcasters from that era.  It was an embarrassment of riches back then.  Nowadays, most of the announcers are terrible.  People think Joe Buck is a good announcer.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I miss Charlie Jones.  And all the broadcasters from that era.  It was an embarrassment of riches back then.  Nowadays, most of the announcers are terrible.  People think Joe Buck is a good announcer.

NBC in the 80s had the best ever play-by-play guys. You had Dick Enberg, Don Criqui, Charlie Jones usually did west coast games. Then you had Marv Albert who was like the network's 4th option and did many Jets games. He was excellent at calling football.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1