Classic Clips

nyjunc

44 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Disagree completely with this. As I recall when I first got my seasons tickets Section 26 Row J 1 & 2 in 1978 there was an very kind elderly man by the name of Conrad that sat in the section who every week would bring his megaphone ( think prototypical college cheerleaders in the 40’s and 50’s and in the winter would where his long woolly coat he was a truly wonderful person always upbeat and cheerful ) and would start the chant by yelling into megaphone  with Allright Allright Allright then go into    J E T S JETS JETS JETS. Then a short guy who had a helmet without a face mask picked up the chant and got  up on the railing and start the chant.  I think he was section 28 or 30. Then it started to become a competition where the closed end of the stadium would start then open end of stadium ( or vice versa) would reply louder as it would go back and forth all game long. Truly a fun time at Shea. 

What I meant by nostalgic was 1978 was my first year with season tickets and I had a great time at Shea especially with one of the guys I went with that has since passed, killed in the 9/11 attack. As far as the origin of the chant I sat in the top row of section 37 upper deck located exactly on the 50 yard line. Though I remember the chants, I personally have no direct knowledge who really started it. The video of the that era brings back great memories, thus my nostalgia quote.

19 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

What I meant by nostalgic was 1978 was my first year with season tickets and I had a great time at Shea especially with one of the guys I went with that has since passed, killed in the 9/11 attack. As far as the origin of the chant I sat in the top row of section 37 upper deck located exactly on the 50 yard line. Though I remember the chants, I personally have no direct knowledge who really started it. The video of the that era brings back great memories, thus my nostalgia quote.

Not a problem those days at Shea were absolutely fantastic I too get nostalgic about that era -  team and the friends that were made in our section during that time Was great seeing and hearing how much the crowd really got behind that squad. Those Michaels led teams were some of the best teams the Jets ever had 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

2000 week 1 at Green Bay.  The start of the Al Groh era, Vinny's return from the Achilles injury and a look into our future with the iron man making injury excuses in GB just as be would do with us in 2008.

It's amazing how much crap an all-century QB can get.  The only other QB who is even in the discussion in terms of getting a comparable amount of crap (relative to his abilities) is Donovan McNabb.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's amazing how much crap an all-century QB can get.  The only other QB who is even in the discussion in terms of getting a comparable amount of crap (relative to his abilities) is Donovan McNabb.

The man ruined a potential super bowl season and he's treated like he was great here while our fans crap on players and coaches that actually helped us win.

Favre was a great QB, personally top 20 all time, but he was a bad Jet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Nice having a QB like Pat Ryan come in and play. I had a lot of fun at that game!

Me too. The crowd roar on the MacArthur int for a TD to start the second was as loud as I ever heard that stadium in 20 years as a season ticket holder.

The only time I heard a roar louder than that was 2002 when word got out that the Pats had beaten Miami giving the Jets the opening to win the division.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Me too. The crowd roar on the MacArthur int for a TD to start the second was as loud as I ever heard that stadium in 20 years as a season ticket holder.

The only time I heard a roar louder than that was 2002 when word got out that the Pats had beaten Miami giving the Jets the opening to win the division.

Yes, great memories. 

On 12/15/2020 at 10:54 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's strange that you can't find the Jets Raiders 1982 divisional playoff game, nor the famed Mud Bowl game.  The closest I could find for the Mud Bowl game is:

The second half of the 1982 AFC Championship is on youtube.  It was 0-0 at the half. I have a copy of the raider game but not sure how to post it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite games of all time.  At Miami in 1998, this was a huge game for the division. Miami was dominant at home that year and the jets went in there and won, clinching a playoff spot for the first time since 1991.  6 days later they'd win the division at buffalo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

1985 vs Miami.  The game they retired #12 at halftime(the ceremony is included)

This is the game where Kenny Schroy and Kirk Springs turned Nat Moore into a human helicopter, IIRC.