Classic Clips

nyjunc

1998 was awesome, just in general.  Damn, to be 27 years old again, in a world that hadn't gone completely insane yet.
I was 30 .. times were different and way better ... training camp visits were incredible ... a big crowd was 30 people sitting on park benches behind picket fences.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 4:23 PM, nyjunc said:

1998 vs Carolina

This was my first Jet game I ever attended!  14 years old.  I remember everyone that we sat around couldn’t stop talking about how they just had a feeling that the 98 team was special. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

This was my first Jet game I ever attended!  14 years old.  I remember everyone that we sat around couldn’t stop talking about how they just had a feeling that the 98 team was special. 

That was such a fun year, it sucks they couldn't finish it off but that was the best full season over seen in all my years watching this team.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 11:23 AM, y2k8 said:

2nd half of Saints @ Jets  (Dec 14, 1980)

NO avoids winless season (of course) by beating Jets at snowy Shea.

Kurt Gowdy & Hank Stram on the call.

Was at that game along with about 25000 other idiots Bitter bitter cold windy day 

I was a Senior at Tulane (in NO) that year…went home at the end of the semester to NY as usual. My Uncle who was a season ticket holder gave me his tickets for that game, and I took my younger brother to the game. After laughing at the Saints all year at college with the shopping bag over the head wearing Saints fans, I never heard the end of it when I went back to college for my last semester. I  am a Jets fan lol. 

And the next season the Jets went 10-5-1 and to the playoffs.  Had this board existed in 1980, there would have been Fire Michaels threads all season long and, had that happened, 81 and 82 would likely not have happened.  IMO, firing Michaels after the 82 season may have cost the Jets a SB appearance in the mid 80s.  He was a great coach and Walton was a big step down. Sometimes, patience is rewarded.  The Jets of the late 70's- early 80s just needed to mature and develop.  What a concept!

• Sympathy 2

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

OJ takes a swing at Joe Namath.

Was more of a stab.

Ironically, that Atlanta game was probably the best game Nagle ever played, despite the loss. 366 yards passing, 2 TDs and no picks. Comeback fell short but left the game thinking they had a franchise QB.

That obviously was not the case.