Classic Clips

nyjunc

15 hours ago, y2k8 said:

It's hard to believe it's been almost 40 years since the Jets hosted the Bucs in December.

I remember watching this game, called by Pat Summerall and John Madden (RIP), at a brutally cold awful day at Shea Stadium. 

As Pat & John return to air after halftime, they are bombarded by snow and ice by the fans below. You can see that at about the 1:30 mark.

Fed up with it, Madden finally fires one back at the crowd coming out of the 2 minute warning. (2:56)

Fun Fact: Per the intro in the second link, the Jets and Madden himself are wearing panty hose to keep warm.

Great find.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/29/2021 at 3:53 PM, y2k8 said:

It's hard to believe it's been almost 40 years since the Jets hosted the Bucs in December.

I remember watching this game, called by Pat Summerall and John Madden (RIP), at a brutally cold awful day at Shea Stadium. 

As Pat & John return to air after halftime, they are bombarded by snow and ice by the fans below. You can see that at about the 1:30 mark.

Fed up with it, Madden finally fires one back at the crowd coming out of the 2 minute warning. (2:56)

Fun Fact: Per the intro in the second link, the Jets and Madden himself are wearing panty hose to keep warm.

I was at that game  Drinking beers and drinking out of my flask filled with Hennessy which my then girlfriend who later became my wife who bought me said flask. Knew she was a keeper after that game 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, CSNY said:

I was at that game  Drinking beers and drinking out of my flask filled with Hennessy which my then girlfriend who later became my wife who bought me said flask. Knew she was a keeper after that game 

That’s a good woman right there

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 11:40 AM, shawn306 said:

That’s a good woman right there

She was freezing. I asked her a couple of times if she wanted to leave but she wouldn’t hear of such talk. Stayed for entire game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Frank Gifford, Joe Namath, and OJ Simpson calling the game: Week 15 Patriots at Dolphins with 1st place in the AFC East division on the line. Dolphins went on to win that game and the division, but would choke in the AFC Conference Championship game 3 weeks later in a rematch vs the Patriots. I would have preferred the Dolphins vs Bears rematch in Super Bowl XX.

On 12/29/2021 at 3:25 PM, peebag said:

Here's a clip for us old timers from 1972.   It's a slice of tv life but what's interesting is that it's got an actual live game highlight from the the 2nd Jets\Colts game 

Featured is 'lil Eddie Bell who wins the game on a deflected pass.  Enjoy.

i was at this game with my dad. we left a few mins early from the mezz and came running back out a tunnel right near the EZ as we heard the roar to see eddie bell with the ball crossing the goal line.

• Upvote 1