Classic Clips

nyjunc

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Moore was gone for a while at that point.

He missed playing with Chrebet by a few months and playing with Key by a year. Another year he has Parcells for a coach who I think would have loved Rob Moore. In fact, scrub what I said about Vincenzo, 97 O'Donnell probably has a good enough season to get us into the playoffs throwing to that troika. Pipe dreams, I know, but that's what we have forums for, right?

Overall though, the moral of the story is that Rich Kotite was as effective a coach & GM as a bag of a$$holes.

34 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

He missed playing with Chrebet by a few months and playing with Key by a year. Another year he has Parcells for a coach who I think would have loved Rob Moore. In fact, scrub what I said about Vincenzo, 97 O'Donnell probably has a good enough season to get us into the playoffs throwing to that troika. Pipe dreams, I know, but that's what we have forums for, right?

Overall though, the moral of the story is that Rich Kotite was as effective a coach & GM as a bag of a$$holes.

as a GM Kotite did bring in Key, Chrebet, Jumbo, O'Dwyer, Brady who were all starters on the '98 team

25 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Parcells hated O'Donnell. 

so much so that he allowed a RB and a special teamer trying to be a QB to throw 2 INts in the Detroit game w/ the playoffs on the line in week 17 in 1997.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, nyjunc said:

not a pleasant memory but here's the 1991 Mon Night choke at Chicago

One of the worst regular season losses I remember.  Blair Thomas fumbles when Chicago had no timeouts and the Jets could have burned 99% of the clock.  Then Leahy misses a chip shot FG on OT.