I personally didn't need a confirmation but still a good read

Jet in PA

The Jets defense was middle of the pack in 2008, so you're wrong.  Also, the defense was doing just fine against the Colts until the DBs started going down like flies.  They also only gave up 17 points to Pittsburgh.  

The Jets road to the SB in 2010/2011 was the toughest in NFL history.  He still got passed Manning and Brady on the road.  That's damn impressive.

Mendehall ran all over their ass in the game so no the defense was not doing fine.  The indy 3rd wr destroyed our 3rd and 4th cbs and rexoamtic made zero adjustements, just watched as we got killed.  The key elements to the team rex took over were there when he got there.  Just like with the Bills.  As I said before the Bills were the PERFECT job for rex.  A stacked defense and a who cares offense.  We all saw what happened when rex had to do without talent on D at a positon last year and the year before.  Epic fail.

Tough start?  We got absolutely blown the f*ck out on both sides of the ball for the entire first half. I'm not going to start the whole Sanchez bullsh*t right now but you know what? He played well in the clutch in 2010 including the two playoff games prior to the AFC championship game, not to mention that he seemed like he was the only person who got off the bus.  There really wasn't a sensible Jets fan who felt we needed a swift change at QB after we were  eliminated. Also, Rex handpicked the damn kid so I'm really tired of seeing this used as an excuse to defend him. You wanna blame the offense that's fine. I disagree considering they put the offense in the worst spot imaginable in such a short span of time and crumpled like a wet towel when it mattered most at the end. But regardless, guess what? Rex was the HEAD COACH of the team. Not the DC. He was responsible for the success and the failures on BOTH sides of the ball.

rex hand picked sanchez? considering kellen Clemens was basically the only qb on the roster when rex took over, it was more of a "either or" than a "hand picked". either sanchez or josh freeman

Mendehall ran all over their ass in the game so no the defense was not doing fine.  The indy 3rd wr destroyed our 3rd and 4th cbs and rexoamtic made zero adjustements, just watched as we got killed.  The key elements to the team rex took over were there when he got there.  Just like with the Bills.  As I said before the Bills were the PERFECT job for rex.  A stacked defense and a who cares offense.  We all saw what happened when rex had to do without talent on D at a positon last year and the year before.  Epic fail.

Exactly. Unfortunately we will likely have to put up with the bravado, the stupid guarantees, and the mild success he will likely have early on, but there isn't a shot in hell that this sequel doesn't end like the first movie. When he is left to build that team on his own and key pieces start leaving and need to be replaced, he will ultimately be his own grim reaper.

rex hand picked sanchez? considering kellen Clemens was basically the only qb on the roster when rex took over, it was more of a "either or" than a "hand picked". either sanchez or josh freeman

Yes he hand picked him. Are you really going to sit here and tell me that Kellen couldn't pull off a better season than Mark's rookie year with the talent on that 2009 team?  And you NEVER have to "settle" for a QB.  That is exactly how you end up ruining a team. He watched Mark's pro day and said "Wow, look at all the teammates that showed up for him. Let's go get him, that's our guy". Rex Ryan is 110% responsible  for the drafting and handling of Sanchez.

Giving up 17 points on the road to Pittsburgh was good enough to win (if the offense just scored some points).  Sure, they got off to a tough start, but they settled down and kept the team in the game.

And Mark Sanchez was not, and will never be, a SB QB.  Taking a team with Mark Sanchez that far was about as far as it was going to go.

Rex teams are emotionally volatile. The defense starting flat, set the precedent for how the rest of the game went. Looking at the box score and citing the final points ignores game flow and situational football.

The defense starting the AFCC game as though they were lying on the beach in Hawaii is what put the pressure on the offense to press to get us back in the game. When your team's identity is defense, and its bragging point is defense, and its key to winning is defense... then the defense shouldn't wait until the 2nd half ot he AFCC game to show up. The defense being absent put the onus on Sanchez and the offense to carry the win. In principle, the thinking should be "well, the offense should be prepared to do that from time to time" except no, not on a Rex team where the offense is such a low priority. On a Rex team, the defense doesn't get to take half a game off... especially not the AFCC game. 

It has nothing at all to do with Mark Sanchez sucking. It has everything to do with the way Rex built the team, prioritized the defense, and emotionally ebb and flow of a team coached by an insecure big mouth who has proven to be far too forgiving (and excuse-making) of players, specifically his defense, when they drop the ball.

Yes he hand picked him. Are you really going to sit here and tell me that Kellen couldn't pull off a better season than Mark's rookie year with the talent on that 2009 team?  And you NEVER have to "settle" for a QB.  That is exactly how you end up ruining a team. He watched Mark's pro day and said "Wow, look at all the teammates that showed up for him. Let's go get him, that's our guy". Rex Ryan is 110% responsible  for the drafting and handling of Sanchez.

The 2009 and 2010 teams went as far as the offensive line could take them. They are the unit that balanced what the defense was doing, they are the unit that provided veteran leadership and focus throughout the season... and that team went about as far as you can expect from a team whose offensive line is the best part of the offense. 

I remember listening to Dustin Keller the day after the New England win. He was hoarse, hung over and still savoring the win rather than getting ready the AFCCG. I knew right then and there that they were not going to be ready for Pittsburgh. That's totally on Rex. He had won his Super Bowl.

what did Mangini do with "mangini's guys"? I always love hearing about the great Mangini, you would think he'd have a front office position somewhere as great as he was at finding talent for us.

rex is a COACH not a GM.

Coples at LB shall I continue? 

Mangini for all his failures took herm's mess of a team and instilled discipline and accountability. Two key attribute which degraded year after year with Rex. Very little talent was developed under Rex and while that could also be pinned on the GMs rex through six years was the coach and regardless of the GM players weren't developed. Yeah I know Snacks besides him there is little to point to other than 1st round picks who are already good, mostly.

By Steve Silverman

» More Columns

As we head into Week 2 of the NFL schedule, one of the most compelling stories resides in upstate New York where Rex Ryan and the Buffalo Bills are stomping and snorting.

The Bills are coming off a rare winning season, and they hired Rex to take them even further in 2015. As Jets fans know, that’s a rather dubious proposition. Ryan has certainly been able to talk a good game throughout his coaching career, and he has some legitimate coaching assets. However, when it comes to winning the biggest games and delivering in the clutch, he has fallen short every time.

The Bills won their opener in impressive fashion over the Indianapolis Colts, a team that has legitimate aspirations of representing the AFC in the Super Bowl in February.

Ryan has some brilliant players on defense at his disposal in Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Nigel Bradham and Corey Graham, and they made life miserable for Andrew Luck in the opener. Ryan, the master of the bold move, also made Tyrod Taylor his No. 1 quarterback, and he was quite successful during his Week 1 start.

Not only did Taylor show off his athletic ability and running skill, he also looked like a real NFL quarterback, completing 14 of 19 passes against the Colts.

So, Ryan is now prepared to play a game with AFC East ramification as the Bills host the Patriots in Week 2.

Ryan has his team worked into a frenzy to play the defending Super Bowl champions. Jets fans are quite familiar with Ryan’s ways prior to playing the Patriots. He enjoys nothing more than finding a way to stay close to Bill Belichick’s team and possibly outsmarting his old rival.

He may well do it this week, as the Bills have a strong team and the look of contenders right now.

But it’s only mid-September and though its a big game, it’s not that big of a game. That’s why Jets fans are so much better off without Ryan and with Todd Bowles.

Ryan gets so worked up over an early season game, he really doesn’t see the big picture. The idea is not to spill his team’s bucket to win in Week 2. The idea is to work with his team so that it gets better and better and can challenge New England for superiority in December and January.

The Bills could find themselves at a big disadvantage no matter how this game plays out. You prepare for this game like it’s the Super Bowl and win, and then try to rally the troops again for the Dolphins in Week 3 or the Giants the following week, and you may have a hard time matching the expectations set forth the previous week.

If you lose to Belichick and Tom Brady after telling your players that you are at the same level or better, the coach may have a hard time maintaining his credibility.

Here’s the real issue for the Bills, and Ryan knows it whether he is saying it or not. They have an untested quarterback. Taylor has some talent, and he showed in his first game that he is capable of putting it together and playing well.

However, he has no real experience. Last Sunday’s game against the Colts was the first start of his NFL career. He is going to have a learning curve and that almost always comes with losses and key interceptions thrown at the worst possible moments.

There have been exceptions, and the biggest is Kurt Warner. When he got his chance with the St. Louis Rams, he dominated right from the start. But the young and healthy Warner was one of the most gifted and accurate passers of all-time. Taylor has had one good game and has proven nothing.

That’s why the Jets are much better off with Bowles as head coach. Like Ryan, he is a former defensive coordinator who earned a reputation for being one of the best around. But unlike Ryan, he does not need to pontificate, command media attention or engage in a personal duel with a vastly superior rival.

It’s not about Bowles’s ego, but it is with Ryan.

Bowles wants the Jets to be better in Week 2 than they were in Week 1 and then continue that development going forward. He has a gameplan and a style.

Ryan certainly knows how to bluster and pound the drum. However, it’s not merely about the now.

The great coaches prepare and play for the season, and don’t go overboard for one game.

All Ryan knows is how to pound the drum. He may get Buffalo sky high for this one and McCoy will probably play with an injured hamstring, but risks being lost for a long while if it can't hold up. He is a cut and slash runner not a pounder so that is a concern. Buffalo is where Rex needs to be for sure.

Not true, if Rex gets on a plane to Miss to visit old Grey Beard Favre, and tells him he can hand pick his OC Jets might have won the SB, Favre was never gonna stay retired anyways so if they don't grant him his release he is QB, amd the Jets could have stayed put in the 1st round and drafted say Maclin, or Harvin, and kept their 2nd round pick and maybe grabbed McCoy.  But Rex wanted to follow the Ravens script from 2008 because you know a Joe Flacco is available in every draft. 

if you say so

Not true, if Rex gets on a plane to Miss to visit old Grey Beard Favre, and tells him he can hand pick his OC Jets might have won the SB, Favre was never gonna stay retired anyways so if they don't grant him his release he is QB, amd the Jets could have stayed put in the 1st round and drafted say Maclin, or Harvin, and kept their 2nd round pick and maybe grabbed McCoy.  But Rex wanted to follow the Ravens script from 2008 because you know a Joe Flacco is available in every draft. 

I would have loved to have favre back, but the truth is, he was never coming back. not with a fired head coach/new head coach. just wasn't happening. tanny and rex took a shot on sanchez. cant blame them for trying. most qb's drafted fail in the nfl. its the nature of the beast. can blame anyone on taking a shot on a 1st rounder. kellen sucked azz and favre wasn't playing another down for the jets.

if you say so

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2009/04/26/sports/football/26jets.html?referrer=&_r=0

I don't have to be the one to say it.  Rex already did.  You really think that Kellen couldn't hold the fort down until Sanchez was ready or until we decided to draft someone else?  I don't what else to you then man.  Rex dug his own grave here.

Thanks guys.  The combination of that stream link with Chrome and AdBlocks worked.  But it was pretty low quality and stopped working after a couple minutes.  Kept having to refresh.  So I looked for other options...

Eureka!!!  IF ANYONE WANTS HD QUALITY ACCESS TO ANY GAME ON YOUR TV, see here:  https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/comments/3hx70g/guide_how_to_watch_every_nfl_game_on_your_roku_in/

You need a Roku player for this to work, but it's freakin' perfect!  A little technical and took 30 minutes to get working the first time, but well worth it.  Think it'll work with streaming players other than Roku, but you'll have to search for those instructions on your own.  This is awesome.  Now I can watch any game with perfect quality for free.  Screw watching the midgets @1pm.  I'm watching Rex kill Brady.

Thanks guys.  The combination of that stream link with Chrome and AdBlocks worked.  But it was pretty low quality and stopped working after a couple minutes.  Kept having to refresh.  So I looked for other options...

Eureka!!!  IF ANYONE WANTS HD QUALITY ACCESS TO ANY GAME ON YOUR TV, see here:  https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/comments/3hx70g/guide_how_to_watch_every_nfl_game_on_your_roku_in/

You need a Roku player for this to work, but it's freakin' perfect!  A little technical and took 30 minutes to get working the first time, but well worth it.  Think it'll work with streaming players other than Roku, but you'll have to search for those instructions on your own.  This is awesome.  Now I can watch any game with perfect quality for free.  Screw watching the midgets @1pm.  I'm watching Rex kill Brady.

THAT is the post. Bills lose, Brady goes down.  I can absolutely hope for that.

we weren't closer.  we had a chance in the final minutes at Pitt in 2010, in the '98 title game the game was over in the 4th.

We were never getting the ball back in the Pitt game. But I guess you can consider that close. But unlike 1998 we never had a lead.

We were never getting the ball back in the Pitt game. But I guess you can consider that close. But unlike 1998 we never had a lead.

we had plenty of time, we didn't even attempt an OS kick.  Our D just had to allow 1 1st down instead of 2(a real elite D would have forced a 3 and out) and we get a realistic shot to win it.

Archived