I can't decide who I want to win Sunday- Bills/Pats

GREENBEAN

I have such a hatred for all things non Jets in the NFL and especially the AFC east. 

My natural inclination is to root against the Pats at all costs unless it helps our playoff chances for them to win or something, but then there is my desire NOT to watch Rex succeed for the team he went to after he failed with us. 

I am well aware of my position of rooting out of negativity and resentment but I have to say I have wavered back an forth on this one for a while now. 

I'd love to hear how you guys are thinking of it as I am in a log jam of hatred at the moment.  

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have such a hatred for all things non Jets in the NFL and especially the AFC east. 

My natural inclination is to root against the Pats at all costs unless it helps our playoff chances for them to win or something, but then there is my desire NOT to watch Rex succeed for the team he went to after he failed with us. 

I am well aware of my position of rooting out of negativity and resentment but I have to say I have wavered back an forth on this one for a while now. 

I'd love to hear how you guys are thinking of it as I am in a log jam of hatred at the moment.  

ignore the game

Michael Kay was suggesting we should root for the Pats because it is a foregone conclusion that they will win the division and that the Jets will be competing with the Bills for the WC. That is a loser's mentality, IMO. I'm rooting for a tie first and a Buffalo win second. Anything that weakens the Pats stranglehold on the division is good for the Jets.

If you can allow a little "Rex success" to get in the way of your natural inclination to root against all things Pats then how strong is that natural inclination really? 

We root for the Bills bro, period. **** that cheating organization. If Rex succeeds atleast it was honest and well deserved, especially when we know the Pats will push every envelope (Thats code for "cheat") to win every game. 

Michael Kay was suggesting we should root for the Pats because it is a foregone conclusion that they will win the division and that the Jets will be competing with the Bills for the WC. That is a loser's mentality, IMO. I'm rooting for a tie first and a Buffalo win second. Anything that weakens the Pats stranglehold on the division is good for the Jets.

Agreed. **** the Pats. Laughing at Rex's failure is secondary.

Bills.  Rex had to deal with Idzik.  He deserved better.  

While the Jets are still playing meaningful games, I won't pull for any other team normally.  If/once the Jets are eliminated though, I'll be rooting for Rex.

But Bills vs Pats?  That's easy.  Hope Buffalo kills 'em.  Always fun watching Brady get hit and start screaming n crying.

A blood bath with a Bills win, Rex checking the stadium for video people and checking the inflation of the balls every few plays, BB complaining about headsets going out, we want to see a circus

More importantly we want the Jets to beat the Colts on Monday night and a Bills win might reduce the concern in Indy  

I'm rooting for the Pats, I don't think we will be able to keep pace with New England for the division, and we will be competing with Buffalo for a wildcard spot. We need them to lose and have the wind knocked out of the renewed Rexmania in Buffalo. 

I've been waiting years for the division to reach a point it could give NE a challenge every game.  This could be that year.  The fact Brady could be facing an @ss whoopin in each of their 6 division games this year is awesome.  Will they lose all 6?.. no.  But I'll be rooting for it.

I dont know how this is even debatable...must be just to kill time between week 1 & 2.  One is the division champ for 50 years straight and one is in the same boat as us.

Is the question really, who do I want to win, the king whose crown I am chasing or the dummy standing beside me trying to get the same crown?  Hell, I'd like to see the dummy beat the king..even if it was just for entertainment purposes...

Bills.

It would be great to see Rex puffing his chest out after two wins, only to watch the inevitable implosion that will come.

Yeah, too bad I expect the implosion to happen this week.  For us who haven't been able to remove those memories from our mind, it always seemed like when we thought the Jets finally were going to be a good team, play consistently, maybe look good after a long week or bye...that's usually when SF flew across the country on a short week and mopped the floor with us...while I will be rooting for Rex and his Bills to break every bone in every patriots body...I expect the Pats to lay a 51-0 ass whooping on them where the Bills quickly see what they have in good ole Rex...

I'd rather the bills win this game. Every loss the pats endure gives us a better opportunity at taking the division. You know rex will find a way to ruin the season so if we can benefit from the bills winning a few games then all the better.

Of course, if the division ends up being a competitive as everybody thinks it will be then we would benefit, if we are not on top, from one team running away with the division and trouncing the other two teams to make it easier for us to slip into a wildcard spot. I'd hate to end up in a three way tie at 9-7 with two other AFCE teams.

Archived