I can't decide who I want to win Sunday- Bills/Pats

GREENBEAN

Shula didn't have a winning season for 4 straight years 1986-1989 with Marino as his QB..

It really was amazing.  They added no talent to that team for years after drafting Marino. 

Shula was great in the 60s and 70s, and even converting his team to a passing offense in the early 80s, but those last few years his personal skills were awful.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have such a hatred for all things non Jets in the NFL and especially the AFC east. 

My natural inclination is to root against the Pats at all costs unless it helps our playoff chances for them to win or something, but then there is my desire NOT to watch Rex succeed for the team he went to after he failed with us. 

I am well aware of my position of rooting out of negativity and resentment but I have to say I have wavered back an forth on this one for a while now. 

I'd love to hear how you guys are thinking of it as I am in a log jam of hatred at the moment.  

I would root for Jeffrey Dahmer over BB in a winner take all, all you can eat contest.

Best thread of the week.  Thanks OP for the posting and letting the rest of us have at it.  

This is going to be a good game to watch, as long as we've got to wait till Monday anyway.  I want to see what Rex's D does to Brady boy.  Should be good tape for Bowles and Co to dig into.  

If it wasn't 99.9% unlikely I'd root for a tie.  You gotta be practical and keep our playoff picture in mind.  That said I'll be rooting for the Jills and just praying that Rex doesn't make the SB this year.  THAT would kill me.  I still like Rex but please, not the 1st year out, Sexy Rexy.  

Jets fans must root for the Patriots today.

The Patriots are going to win the division and the Bills are wildcard competition.  The Pats took care of the Steelers which was a gift, the Colts did us no such favors last week.

63% of teams that go 2-0 in the NFL make the playoffs, teams that go 2-0 in the Conference against prior division winners, has to be something like 75%.  The Bills must lose this week.

SAR I

Ok so 8-7 and a tie is a winning season however you posted; the jets missed the playoffs 4 straight years.  Lombardi wouldn't have survived that!  And Shula did miss the playoffs 4 years straight did he not?? c'mon man..:rolleyes:

settle down bevis, lol.  the point is still vaild, that firing rex was not a mistake and unavoidable, and if the bills win it does not make the jets look bad.  

there were four options after rex's team whimpered to 4-12. (how many lombardi teams did that ?   to the google !!)

1) fire idzik and hire a GM that has to keep Rex.  That would leave you with a candidate pool of 3rd and 4th level GM's, the guys who will take any job because they are not getting a good job.  Were you pounding your first for that after 4-12 ?

2) keep idzik and rex, point to all that cap space as reason to believe they can turn it around.  where were the billboards for that ?

3) give Rex total control, GM/HC.  after 4-12

3) fire them both and start over

c'mon man

Reminder: Rex is 4-9 against Belichick. He has lost to Belichick by deficits of 17, 42, 21, and 30 points. In those games, Tom Brady has completed 61% of his passes for an average of 270 yards, with 23 TDs and 7 INTs. This idea that Rex is anywhere in the same universe as Belichick as a coach, or that he's somehow in Brady's head, is an urban legend.

Jets fans must root for the Patriots today.

The Patriots are going to win the division and the Bills are wildcard competition.  The Pats took care of the Steelers which was a gift, the Colts did us no such favors last week.

63% of teams that go 2-0 in the NFL make the playoffs, teams that go 2-0 in the Conference against prior division winners, has to be something like 75%.  The Bills must lose this week.

SAR I

I disagee, I think the Pats could very well end up at the bottom of the AFC east this year. They barely beat the Steelers (who were missing their RB who last year accounted for about 50% of their offense if not more, and Martavis Bryant who played pretty well toward the end of last season and during the preseason) The Steelers also had a pretty terrible show on defense during that game (Leaving Gronk unaccounted for). The Bills in week one looked insane and shocked a lot of people with the quality of football they played against the Colts. I think the Bills have a pretty good shot at taking the division leaving the wildcard for the Jets or Phins.

Reminder: Rex is 4-9 against Belichick. He has lost to Belichick by deficits of 17, 42, 21, and 30 points. In those games, Tom Brady has completed 61% of his passes for an average of 270 yards, with 23 TDs and 7 INTs. This idea that Rex is anywhere in the same universe as Belichick as a coach, or that he's somehow in Brady's head, is an urban legend.

you are scared sh*tless right now

settle down bevis, lol.  the point is still vaild, that firing rex was not a mistake and unavoidable, and if the bills win it does not make the jets look bad.  

there were four options after rex's team whimpered to 4-12. (how many lombardi teams did that ?   to the google !!)

1) fire idzik and hire a GM that has to keep Rex.  That would leave you with a candidate pool of 3rd and 4th level GM's, the guys who will take any job because they are not getting a good job.  Were you pounding your first for that after 4-12 ?

2) keep idzik and rex, point to all that cap space as reason to believe they can turn it around.  where were the billboards for that ?

3) give Rex total control, GM/HC.  after 4-12

3) fire them both and start over

c'mon man

I think Rex should have been fired with Tanny and I think Lombardi was a great Coach so what's your problem butthead??LOL man c'mon..:)

And BB is 0-1 in the playoffs against Rex so your lucky this is a regular season game.. Come to think of it BB is 0-2 against the Giants in the Super Bowl..LOL

yeah, they probably waited too long.  the owner was in love with rex and the attention he brought to his toy.  all i'm saying is rex wasn't surviving 4-12 after missing the playoffs 3 years in a row.  maybe I should have said even shanahan doesn't survive that ?

sh*t, i should probably google it first.....

yeah, they probably waited too long.  the owner was in love with rex and the attention he brought to his toy.  all i'm saying is rex wasn't surviving 4-12 after missing the playoffs 3 years in a row.  maybe I should have said even shanahan doesn't survive that ?

sh*t, i should probably google it first.....

Yep Woody's Rex love may have cost us a HC like Arians.  I would have gave him both the GM and the HC jobs like the Tuna had and BB has.. However I'm really happy with Mac and Bowles so things finally worked out well..:)

Archived