1PM Game Threads

Maxman

"They won't want to play us again, i can tell ya that"

I said we would need King Kong but I am proud of the effort. The patriots know what we are all about.

(I wish a reporter would follow that up with:  "Rex did you just admit that you are all about losing close game?"

• Upvote 1

Pass-Run ratios:

NE 59-15 vs BUF 30-27.  So much for the old saw about offensive balance.  I once saw RR win 2 playoff games by enticing Peyton Manning and Tom Brady to run it more than they usually like to.  Seemed like a sound philosophy, but I have never seen him try it again.

Edited by jack48

"Rome wasn't built in a day. It's gonna take some time for him to build things here." -Rich Gannon on Rex Ryan, who took over a team that was 9-7 last season

why this comment is sickening is that Rex when he was hired had the nerve to insult Buffalo's DC saying that they underperformed when in fact the Bills were a top 5 defense last year.  

• Upvote 1

You know what encourages me?  With all those turnovers and all that possession the NE defense gave up 32 points---to a green rookie QB.  And what does this say about Indy?

Most points happened during "garbage time". 

Indy will be both ready and better prepared especially since they know that they laid an egg in week one. Plus the game's on a Monday night in their barn. 

• Upvote 1

Pass-Run ratios:

NE 59-15 vs BUF 30-27.  So much for the old saw about offensive balance.  I once saw RR win 2 playoff games by enticing Peyton Manning and Tom Brady to run it more than they usually like to.  Seemed like a sound philosophy, but I have never seen him try it again.

NE just doesn't care, they do what works.  They don't even try to run on teams that can stop the run.  They will do the same thing to the Jets when they play.  59 passes, how many times was Brady actually hit?

@DougKyed: Rex Ryan on Dion Lewis: "I still don't know his name. Next time run the ball."

What. A. Buffoon. 

Rex Ryan should know who Dion Lewis is now

Buffalo Bills coach Rex Ryan was full of noteworthy quotes this week as he prepared his team to face Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots. Earlier in the week, he disparaged Patriots' running back Dion Lewis, saying he didn't know his name, despite Lewis having 120 yards from scrimmage against the Steelers.

Ryan said it was Tom Brady who was worth knowing, and that Brady at quarterback makes life easy for any running back New England has.

"It's the kid that's playing quarterback. That'll make it a lot easier to be a running back," he said. "So what, are you gonna play them in eight-man spacing? I don't think so. So that's what makes them -- I don't care, put anybody back there. You can do good there. All right?

"Nah, I mean they're decent backs in their own right. But I don't think we're gonna focus on that kid. I can't even tell you that kid's name. But you're gonna focus on the guy throwing the ball, I'll tell you that much."

But Lewis scored from six yards out at the end of the first quarter to give the Patriots a 14-7 lead. Think Rex knows who "that kid" is now?

#Patriots RB Dion Lewis officially introduces himself to #Bill coach Rex Ryan. https://t.co/BVl7swJCAs

— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) September 20, 2015