### NY Jets vs Indianaoplis Colts --- MNF Game Thread ###

Maxman

Just like the weatherman, you have no idea what you're talking about. Colts are a paper tiger with no run game, average at best defense, and a Stud QB who won't last until the 4th if Kacey Rodgers rattles his cage early on. 

It's no cake-walk, but your conviction on how good the Colts are CONVINCES me that Indy is overrated like JetsInsider weather report thread.

It was one week that the Colts looked bad, ONE WEEK. Stop overreacting. Colts are clearly better than week 1, just like RAIDERS/bucs/browns all showed week 2. Week 1 is a sloppy game usually, due to no rhythm.

So I guess you don't understand that football games are won in the trenches, maybe go re watch the Colts Pats playoff game, that's what happens when you get dominated at the line of scrimmage, you can have all the playmakers you want elsewhere it won't matter. 

But you miss the fact that Luck can dodge the pressure, and we don't have a legit edge rusher. I like our dline, but without Richardson non of them are really pass rushers.

Luck and Rodgers are not sitting ducks, that's why these 2 are the best qb's as of right now. I don't care about stats and all of those analysis off points. Both can throw on the run and are impossible to handle...you can only contain them. Pass rushes will not do much to stop them. You need to outscore them. Again week 1 to me is nothing really.

• Thumb Down 1

But you miss the fact that Luck can dodge the pressure, and we don't have a legit edge rusher. I like our dline, but without Richardson non of them are really pass rushers.

He can dodge all he wants, but if your DL is getting blown off the ball on the other side and controlling the clock Luck won't factor in. 

I'm super excited and nervous for this game because I really hate MNF.  Hate everything about it.  The whole pre game production and the wait for kickoff.  Just ******* kick it off already.  I hate how late the game is played.  I hate all the commercials extending the already late game. I hate the fact I typically get 4 hours sleep on these nights because I'm so amped up from the game that I cant fall asleep...which leads to drinking and drugs that are slowly destroying my health...which is a double doozie because being a Jets fan is already bad enough for your health.

Go Jets!  

• Upvote 2

Luck and Rodgers are not sitting ducks, that's why these 2 are the best qb's as of right now. I don't care about stats and all of those analysis off points. Both can throw on the run and are impossible to handle...you can only contain them. Pass rushes will not do much to stop them. You need to outscore them. Again week 1 to me is nothing really.

Not to nitpick but if you contain somebody aren't you basically handling them?

I'm super excited and nervous for this game because I really hate MNF.  Hate everything about it.  The whole pre game production and the wait for kickoff.  Just ******* kick it off already.  I hate how late the game is played.  I hate all the commercials extending the already late game. I hate the fact I typically get 4 hours sleep on these nights because I'm so amped up from the game that I cant fall asleep...which leads to drinking and drugs that are slowly destroying my health...which is a double doozie because being a Jets fan is already bad enough for your health.

Go Jets!  

Honey games is @ 8:30.  When they have double headers on Monday that is just stoopid.

Contain them meaning limit them to a 17 - 20 pt game... but even the Bills couldn't shut them down and Luck played better down the stretch.  Luck usually scores 30 - 40 pts a game, and that is especially the case at home.

No arguing that.  Too bad there isn't a way to keep him on the bench and off the field.  That would help.

Cro is playing.     Wow after it looked like they would have to cut his leg off 8 days ago. 

Yep.  Much needed because Hilton is playing too.  So Revis should shadow him, if Cro is 100% he takes Andre (he typically handles taller WRs well), Skrine on Moncrief and Williams in the sub packages (or put him on Andre if Cro isnt a !00%).  We should match up well if we can get some scores from a ball controlled clock eating type of an offensive attack. 

Go Jets!  

Me too. I actually dislike all night football

Luck shouldn't even be in the same discussion as Rodgers.   Rodgers = varsity; luck = JV

To be decoy you must first be a threat...

Good point. What I was trying to say was to use his reputation as a speedy guy to keep Colts Defense honest at times. Yes he isn't a world beater but everyone knows how fast he is and having him on certain plays could benefit us in terms of play calling. But I get what you are trying to say as well. Fair point, 

I hope the Jets come out and attack this team with play action early since they will be expecting the run as will everyone else. Then when we build the lead run it down their throats

On Defense Blitz the sh*t out of Luck

Jets 34 Colts 13

Edited by Smashmouth