Want A Philly Win Badly, But I Can't Root Against Sanchez

SAR I

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you care more about the eagles qb situation than the jets maybe you should post on the eagles forum.  they could probably use some positive posters this morning.

Stop.  I'm no Eagles fan.

I just appreciate what Mark did for us and would find it difficult to root against him, no different than how I felt about Revis when he was a Buc or a Patriot.  I didn't want the Bucs or Patriots to beat us, but I understood why Revis was gone and how things didn't work out for him here but appreciated what he did for us while wearing Green and I didn't root against him even in enemy colors.  I think many people felt the same way.

SAR I

WORST post ever.  Fukk Sanchez.  He is a head case, slightly above that of Geno. He is NOT a professional.  From the hot dog scenario, to butt fumble, he brought much of this on himself.  There are plenty of $hitty QBs in the NFL.  If he is so good...why isnt he starting.   He'll get a start at Philly, be seen at Pat and Geno's and then morph into the same immature child he is.

He won more playoff games in a 13 month span than any Jets quarterback I've witnessed in 40 years of fandom.

Hate him for the player he is today if you like, but you can't hate him for what he did in 2009 and 2010.  As a raw rookie he was all we could have expected and more.

SAR I

Does this have anything to do with an emotional trip to a tattoo parlor following us qualifying for an AFC championship game?

No, but Mark was the best Jet on the field in two AFC Championship Games and if our defense showed up for either contest and we actually advanced to the Super Bowl, Mark would still be under center and we'd have never had the Geno Smith fiasco so there's that.

Will you be able to root against Mike Tannenbaum when we play the fish? 

A little less emotional, but he was a great contributor to our successes since Parcells arrival in 1997.  When our QB was healthy we averaged 9.5 wins a year from 1997-2011 and Mike played the cap like a violin.

That said, he's not on the field and so, no, I won't be wishing the Fish well those two weeks.

SAR I

Yes all the turnovers he made were an evil plot by our GM and coaches

The turnovers were made because in 2009 he was a 22 year old kid who should have been a college senior.  The turnovers from the start of the 2011 season were due to his HC focusing solely on his job-saving defense and his GM focusing on making his HC happy.

The Jets drafted no decent offensive players, didn't surround Mark with young WR's he could grow and bond with.  They kept going to the used car emporium for the likes of Plaxico Burress and Braylon Edwards who only had a limited shelf life.

And 3 offensive coordinators in 3 years didn't help much either, Tony Sparano being completely unqualified at the moment Mark needed mentoring the most.

SAR I

You'll be fine SAR.  I loved Rex, but when the Jets play the Bills I wanna' see a 45-0 Jets blowout that has Rex spending his presser throwing around a bunch of "no doubt about it's" and "we're gonna' bounce back and nobody is gonna' wanna' play us".

Rex is a different story.  Rex Ryan is the Devil.  Learned from his father that the way to have a long NFL career is to keep the illusion of being  a 'defensive genius' going as long as possible, invested all of the franchise's efforts on one side of the ball.

Mark Sanchez was an innocent victim.  Thrown under the bus to appease the ignorant.

SAR I

Rex is a different story.  Rex Ryan is the Devil.  Learned from his father that the way to have a long NFL career is to keep the illusion of being  a 'defensive genius' going as long as possible, invested all of the franchise's efforts on one side of the ball.

Mark Sanchez was an innocent victim.  Thrown under the bus to appease the ignorant.

SAR I

LOL

He won more playoff games in a 13 month span than any Jets quarterback I've witnessed in 40 years of fandom.

Hate him for the player he is today if you like, but you can't hate him for what he did in 2009 and 2010.  As a raw rookie he was all we could have expected and more.

SAR I

His stats clearly show that the JETS won in spite of him. Lowest QB rating etc.. I dont wish to re-hash the past  but he is the POSTER child of someone who NEVER worked hard enough. He could have been solid but he was too interested in dating and his personal life.  He is NOT a professional, he is a phony.  

No, but Mark was the best Jet on the field in two AFC Championship Games and if our defense showed up for either contest and we actually advanced to the Super Bowl, Mark would still be under center and we'd have never had the Geno Smith fiasco so there's that.

A little less emotional, but he was a great contributor to our successes since Parcells arrival in 1997.  When our QB was healthy we averaged 9.5 wins a year from 1997-2011 and Mike played the cap like a violin.

That said, he's not on the field and so, no, I won't be wishing the Fish well those two weeks.

SAR I

No. 

His stats clearly show that the JETS won in spite of him. Lowest QB rating etc.. I dont wish to re-hash the past  but he is the POSTER child of someone who NEVER worked hard enough. He could have been solid but he was too interested in dating and his personal life.  He is NOT a professional, he is a phony.  

the Jets did not win in spite of him, he was vital to both title game runs.  to be a success you don't have to throw for 300+ yds a game or throw a million TDs.  He made big plays for us, he came up big in big moments. 

we often here about his TOs and yes he turns it over too much but as a rookie 15 of his 20 INts came in 4 games.  he was good a majority of that season(only 5 INts in other 11 games he started in reg season) but fans looks at statsheets as if they tell us everything.  the statsheet tells us he did nothing at SD but the reality is he made 3 huge plays where only one resulted in a TD(the scramble and perfect TD to keller).  after we got the 10 pt lead we tried to run out the clock so his pass #as didn't go up.  Rivers had similar #s through the same pt in the game but fans think hew as better b/c he rolled up some garbage time #s late and ignore the game changing INT out of his EZ.

his other negative TD to INT year was 2012 where his main weapons were rookie Stephan Hill, Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates, etc... w/ Sparano leading the O.

Mark was good here, in postseason hew as really good.  we started by bringing in talent and then after the 2010 title game we started letting talent go and not replacing it.  3 of the 5 main weapons Mark had entering 2011 were out of football in 2012 and he stil set a franchise record for total TDs though he wasn't anywhere near as good as 2010.

it boggles my mind how Jet fans bash this guy, he made big plays, won big games, never criticized the fans even tough he was treated poorly, never bashed the Jets when he left though he could have and we bash him.

the Jets did not win in spite of him, he was vital to both title game runs.  to be a success you don't have to throw for 300+ yds a game or throw a million TDs.  He made big plays for us, he came up big in big moments. 

we often here about his TOs and yes he turns it over too much but as a rookie 15 of his 20 INts came in 4 games.  he was good a majority of that season(only 5 INts in other 11 games he started in reg season) but fans looks at statsheets as if they tell us everything.  the statsheet tells us he did nothing at SD but the reality is he made 3 huge plays where only one resulted in a TD(the scramble and perfect TD to keller).  after we got the 10 pt lead we tried to run out the clock so his pass #as didn't go up.  Rivers had similar #s through the same pt in the game but fans think hew as better b/c he rolled up some garbage time #s late and ignore the game changing INT out of his EZ.

his other negative TD to INT year was 2012 where his main weapons were rookie Stephan Hill, Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates, etc... w/ Sparano leading the O.

Mark was good here, in postseason hew as really good.  we started by bringing in talent and then after the 2010 title game we started letting talent go and not replacing it.  3 of the 5 main weapons Mark had entering 2011 were out of football in 2012 and he stil set a franchise record for total TDs though he wasn't anywhere near as good as 2010.

it boggles my mind how Jet fans bash this guy, he made big plays, won big games, never criticized the fans even tough he was treated poorly, never bashed the Jets when he left though he could have and we bash him.

yes thats fair.  In fact VERY FAIR.  Id further that and say REX ruined him.  I am more unhappy about his behavior while here.  I believe he did NOT perform to his potential.  But YES, in the playoffs, he played well. I think his career is summed up by his BIG win with the Eagles last year when he was then spotted at PATS having a steak sandwich, basking in the fans. He then went on to a poor remainder of the season.

yes thats fair.  In fact VERY FAIR.  Id further that and say REX ruined him.  I am more unhappy about his behavior while here.  I believe he did NOT perform to his potential.  But YES, in the playoffs, he played well. I think his career is summed up by his BIG win with the Eagles last year when he was then spotted at PATS having a steak sandwich, basking in the fans. He then went on to a poor remainder of the season.

actually he played very well for Philly throughout last season.  they missed the playoffs b/c they couldn't stop anyone not b/c of mark. 

well..we will see as it appears that Bradford is not long for the job.  The Offense cant stay on the field and the D is unable to get any rest.

I was surprised Kelly didn't go to him yesterday.  he is comfortable in that offense and Bradford clearly is not.  It looks like sooner than later Sanchez will be playing again but I hope it is after this week.

I was surprised Kelly didn't go to him yesterday.  he is comfortable in that offense and Bradford clearly is not.  It looks like sooner than later Sanchez will be playing again but I hope it is after this week.

Really..so you want to face Sanchez over Bradford?  That flies in the face of everything you just stated. "confused"

wait...my bad, I mis read it.  WE GOOD:D

Ah, so Chaz Schillenz was destined to be a Hall Of Famer and Mark ruined him?

SAR I

Brilliant, brilliant post.

Mark gets bashed because too many people were fooled by Rex Ryan and Mark was Ryan's scapegoat.

The kid played extremely well for his ability (no one said he was going to be Peyton Manning) his age (22 and winning playoff games) and the talent around him (FA rentals in '09 and '10, trash draft picks in '11 and '12).  And he played is very best in the most important games on the biggest stages.

People around here love Chad Pennington who had a ton of offensive weapons, ruined 4 seasons due to injury, and sucked in big games and hate on Mark Sanchez who was too young and rushed into a starters role with no support and yet won 4 road playoff games and saved the 11-win 2010 season with 5 miracle fourth quarter comebacks.  It's hysterical.

SAR I

Go be an F'n eagles fan then you attention whore 

Time out.

I didn't say I'm rooting for Mark Sanchez if he starts next week; I said it would be hard for me to root against him.  No different than Darrelle Revis as a Buc or a Pat.  I didn't root for him, but I couldn't hate him because of all he did for us back when we were legit Super Bowl contenders.

SAR I

I know we have Indy tonight and it's not time to think about the Eagles but if they sit Bradford and put Sanchez under center on Sunday, I just can't root against the guy. 

He did too much good here and he was railroaded and scapegoated by a terrible GM and a manipulative HC with ulterior motives. 

SAR I

This guy just plain gets it. 

IMO there is no question that the Jets 'ruined' Sanchez.  To me the question is had another organization taken Sanchez would he have become a good (top 15 QB).  I think that point is debatable, but the idea that the Jets did their best work in trying to get Sanchez to meet his full potential is not.  The coaches, pressure, lack of talent all worked against him.  Mark has his worts, no doubt.  But could a more functional OC/Offense have helped him become good, that is something else.

Put it this way, if Mark was joining this current team/FO/Coaching staff as a rookie or a sophomore, what would we be saying about his (or the Jets) future? In other words, what are the Jets chances/upside under their current roster (except QB) if the QB is either:

Fitz.

Geno (rookie or 2nd year)

Sanchez (rookie or 2nd year).

I would imagine that most people would pick Sanchez.  Would it have worked out for us this year with a rookie Sanchez? Who knows, but I would suspect that most people would be more optimistic if that was the case.

If you believe mark fulfilled his potential, well we disagree.

I believe that Mark fulfilled the potential to the low ceiling that he was given considering the lack of support from his HC, lack of weapons post-2010 from his GM, straddled with Tony Sparano as an OC, distracted by the tease with Peyton Manning, disrespected with the signing of Tim Tebow.  If you were a Dolphins fan and you wanted to lay out a strategy by which the hot young QB in the division would be destroyed from within, couldn't have scripted it any better than that.

SAR I

how did he do that? under sanchez the Eagles O averaged 30 PPG against the tougher part of their schedule. they missed the playoffs b/c they couldn't stop anyone not b/c of the QB.  remember how Chip Kelly can make any QB look good? how's that working out for Bradford?

Well, in simplistic terms, he led a 7-3 team to 10-6 while leading the league in turnovers.  Not sure what Chip Kelly or Sam Bradford have to do with any of that, but cool story!

Archived