Want A Philly Win Badly, But I Can't Root Against Sanchez

SAR I

Rex is a different story.  Rex Ryan is the Devil.  Learned from his father that the way to have a long NFL career is to keep the illusion of being  a 'defensive genius' going as long as possible, invested all of the franchise's efforts on one side of the ball.

Mark Sanchez was an innocent victim.  Thrown under the bus to appease the ignorant.

SAR I

Rex ruined Sanchez and is about to ruin Tierod.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should really take your leased 2000 beemer and hit the trail. Bad enough to be trolled by Cheatriots chowds, but to be trolled by a supposed fan is just far worse.

No trolling, I merely appreciate what Mark Sanchez did for this franchise.

But let me get this straight:  A diehard season ticket holder is getting crap from Jets fans because he happens to like the most successful postseason quarterback in team history?  Shoot me.  This is like a Knicks fan being crucified for saying he likes Willis Reed.

SAR I

I know we have Indy tonight and it's not time to think about the Eagles but if they sit Bradford and put Sanchez under center on Sunday, I just can't root against the guy. 

He did too much good here and he was railroaded and scapegoated by a terrible GM and a manipulative HC with ulterior motives. 

SAR I

Reason 2,346 why you are a horrible poster and pseudo fan!

No trolling, I merely appreciate what Mark Sanchez did for this franchise.

But let me get this straight:  A diehard season ticket holder is getting crap from Jets fans because he happens to like the most successful postseason quarterback in team history?  Shoot me.  This is like a Knicks fan being crucified for saying he likes Willis Reed.

SAR I

All due respect Super Bowl victories trump all. so while Mark did have some success in the postseason, Joe is still the most successful Jets QB in the postseason.

I know we have Indy tonight and it's not time to think about the Eagles but if they sit Bradford and put Sanchez under center on Sunday, I just can't root against the guy. 

He did too much good here and he was railroaded and scapegoated by a terrible GM and a manipulative HC with ulterior motives. 

SAR I

SHAAADDUUUP!!!

SAR I

SHAAAADDUUUUP!!!

and yet he led the O to almost a TD more per game against the tough part of their sched.  amazing how that happens.

Kelly liked Sanchez better than foles, he saw an opportunity w/ a talented but injury prone Bradford.  he paid mark well to come back and he will be rewarded for that soon.

Nonsense. You are cherry-picking of statistics without any thought as to the reasons why things happened as they did. The biggest reason of all was that the offense was playing behind mostly their 2nd string line. Every commentator who commented on it - from tv to a fantasy site like rotoworld - used to note weekly how Foles had no time and McCoy had no holes. Sanchez had an intact OL that had 3 pro bowlers at LT, LG, and C, plus a 4th that was mere name recognition away from making it as well at RT but was among the game's better blockers last year. To dismiss the significance of this, as you're doing, shows you either don't know what you're talking about or are just cherry-picking any stat you can find to paint him in a better light.

There were plenty of highlights they showed plenty of during the season because the media is so anti-Jets. His receivers on those plays were so often so wide open you could have completed the passes with little difficulty. Long bombs that they were giving him credit for and they were often awful throws, late and underthrown but the coverage was so terrible it was completed anyway. 

Last, you're giving him a lot of credit "per game" for meaningless and garbage time TDs he threw. The 4th Q TD vs Carolina when the score was 38-7. 2 TDs vs Green Bay, yet the first one he threw was with 2 min left in the 3rd Q after the Eagles were already down 39-6 with GB. 2 more TDs against the Giants after they were eliminated. When the season was on the line vs Washington, and all he had to do was get into FG position against what you seem to believe was a tough Washington Redskins defense. We saw what he did: he threw a pick that effectively ended the Eagles' season. 

Kelly traded Foles because he had trade significant trade value and Sanchez had none. The allegedly much-improved Sanchez signed on for $3M as an unrestricted free agent to be a backup. He only makes more if the starter gets benched or injured. And that was the top offer he got from anyone. No one on this earth believes Foles could have been had as cheaply as Sanchez as a FA. Your suggestion, ultimately, is that Sanchez is a better and more in-demand QB than Foles, which is just silliness. Kelly had a chance to start Sanchez over Foles, and he passed up on the opportunity. Just like he wouldn't start Sanchez over Bradford. A curious claim of yours since Kelly has never shown Sanchez to be his first choice. And because you surely know the reasons why, and it's not because Kelly thinks Sanchez is awesome.

I don't mind the back and forth because I just enjoy it, but really why do you even care? He's on the Eagles. It's his 2nd year there. He hasn't been a Jets starting QB since 2012 or the summer of 2013 and he was awful in both instances. So screw him and screw the Eagles.

Nonsense. You are cherry-picking of statistics without any thought as to the reasons why things happened as they did. The biggest reason of all was that the offense was playing behind mostly their 2nd string line. Every commentator who commented on it - from tv to a fantasy site like rotoworld - used to note weekly how Foles had no time and McCoy had no holes. Sanchez had an intact OL that had 3 pro bowlers at LT, LG, and C, plus a 4th that was mere name recognition away from making it as well at RT but was among the game's better blockers last year. To dismiss the significance of this, as you're doing, shows you either don't know what you're talking about or are just cherry-picking any stat you can find to paint him in a better light.

There were plenty of highlights they showed plenty of during the season because the media is so anti-Jets. His receivers on those plays were so often so wide open you could have completed the passes with little difficulty. Long bombs that they were giving him credit for and they were often awful throws, late and underthrown but the coverage was so terrible it was completed anyway. 

Last, you're giving him a lot of credit "per game" for meaningless and garbage time TDs he threw. The 4th Q TD vs Carolina when the score was 38-7. 2 TDs vs Green Bay, yet the first one he threw was with 2 min left in the 3rd Q after the Eagles were already down 39-6 with GB. 2 more TDs against the Giants after they were eliminated. When the season was on the line vs Washington, and all he had to do was get into FG position against what you seem to believe was a tough Washington Redskins defense. We saw what he did: he threw a pick that effectively ended the Eagles' season. 

he did have the benefit of a healthier line though they still weren't good but again against the MUCH tougher portion of their sched he led them to almost a TD more per game.  he gave the team a chance to win.  it's simplistic to look at just 2 games but the Dallas games illustrate everything.  They missed the playoffs b/c of their D not b/c of the O or the QB.

so we take away TDs but leave the garbage time INts vs. GB and others?

at wash the D couldn't stop that juggernaut skins O, the K missed 2 chip shots and mark threw a questionable INT that looked like it hit the ground.  That happens, did the D have to allow them to milk the clock and win the game? they weren't allowed to actually get a stop?

Kelly traded Foles because he had trade significant trade value and Sanchez had none. The allegedly much-improved Sanchez signed on for $3M as an unrestricted free agent to be a backup. He only makes more if the starter gets benched or injured. And that was the top offer he got from anyone. No one on this earth believes Foles could have been had as cheaply as Sanchez as a FA. Your suggestion, ultimately, is that Sanchez is a better and more in-demand QB than Foles, which is just silliness. Kelly had a chance to start Sanchez over Foles, and he passed up on the opportunity. Just like he wouldn't start Sanchez over Bradford. A curious claim of yours since Kelly has never shown Sanchez to be his first choice. And because you surely know the reasons why, and it's not because Kelly thinks Sanchez is awesome.

I don't mind the back and forth because I just enjoy it, but really why do you even care? He's on the Eagles. It's his 2nd year there. He hasn't been a Jets starting QB since 2012 or the summer of 2013 and he was awful in both instances. So screw him and screw the Eagles.

He also liked Mark better than Foles and his trade value wasn't significant, he got an oft injured disappointing QB for him. 

Mark was coming off missing a year and was in his 4th system in 4 years when Kelly got him, despite that Mark badly outplayed Foles through camp and preseason then outplayed him when he got his chance to start.  Foles had 30 TDs and 2 INTs 2 years ago, he was starting no matter what happened.  if it was a competition mark easily wins.

Lies and more lies.

Find one.

Find a newspaper article or forum post from August 2011 saying how the Jets were in deep trouble because of their 23 year old quarterback who just won 4 playoff games, how we needed to find a new quarterback pronto.  Let's see who's lying.

SAR I

To be fair, betting on Bradford to get injured makes more sense than Bradford betting on Bradford.

I really hope Bradford comes down with a cold so we can face Sanchez, good chance of having another 5 turnover game.

Can you imagine how crazy that place would be going if that were to happen?  Another five turnover game isn't out of the question right now...Philly's offensive line has been the worst I've ever seen in my life through two games.  Again...11 yards rushing for DeMarco Murray through 2 games.

Can you imagine how crazy that place would be going if that were to happen?  Another five turnover game isn't out of the question right now...Philly's offensive line has been the worst I've ever seen in my life through two games.  Again...11 yards rushing for DeMarco Murray through 2 games.

He's not getting opportunities but I am not really surprised Murray is not the player he was.  There are a lot of 'generic' backs in this league that could light it up with the best oline in the league and a team that also has a dangerous Qb, WR and TE.

He's not getting opportunities but I am not really surprised Murray is not the player he was.  There are a lot of 'generic' backs in this league that could light it up with the best oline in the league and a team that also has a dangerous Qb, WR and TE.

Can't really evaluate anything he has done in two games. Had six carries last week that had him wrapped up in the backfield...a couple where he hadn't taken a step yet.  Chip dumped both starting guards and replaced them with journeymen who have been getting blown up through two games thus far.

Archived