It's Nice Having CBs Again.

New York Mick

Our secondary is INCERDIBLE.

No to be incendiary but I would personally favor Cro to the bench. 

Skrine was almost as important a signing for the defense as Marshall was for the offense.  You saw why they went after Gilchrist tonight.  He slipped over to cover the slot almost every time Skrine blitzed - that's a former CB playing FS for us, it allows Bowles to really make Skrine a wildcard.

not to piss in anybodies corn flakes, but revis got beat by t.y. Hilton really bad on 1 play. worse than I have ever seen before. revis got turned around and got 10-12 yards behind Hilton. then to top it off, he got stiff armed to the ground. I guess its knit picking on a guy who got 3 turn overs today

not to piss in anybodies corn flakes, but revis got beat by t.y. Hilton really bad on 1 play. worse than I have ever seen before. revis got turned around and got 10-12 yards behind Hilton. then to top it off, he got stiff armed to the ground. I guess its knit picking on a guy who got 3 turn overs today

in the age where Andy dalton throws for 4300 yards,  you can't blame Revis for being human. This league kind of favors the wrs. Luck will beat you once or twice.  

Forget cro and Revis,  Im loving  skrine,  Gilchrist and the way Bowles uses calvin Pryor.  Very dynamic secondary.  I also love having mcdougle, walls,  Williams and Millner waiting in the wings.  

From worst to best secondary overnight. 

Its like he actually knows which roles would suit their strengths...

Common sense, but we haven't had that here in such a long time

Also good to have a QB that doesn't take every breath through his mouth

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/files/2013/12/GenoSmith1.jpeg

sh*te... I just figured out Geno's problem thanks to your post! With Geno taking so many breathes through his mouth, and those large nostrils, and the comparative size of his brain, he's quite simply over oxygenating his brain, therefore he's in a constant state of euphoria from an oxygen rush, which is certainly affecting his decision making capabilities! 

It's nice having a dominant defense that actually dominates.

If this was a Rex team, we 1.) don't make any of those turnovers, and 2.) even if we had held them to 7 until the final 5 minutes, the defense would have let them right back into a tie game with us somehow, someway... and then the offense would have had to press for the win, and turned it over for the loss. It is known.

If this was a Rex team, we 1.) don't make any of those turnovers, and 2.) even if we had held them to 7 until the final 5 minutes, the defense would have let them right back into a tie game with us somehow, someway... and then the offense would have had to press for the win, and turned it over for the loss. It is known.

Agree.

They got no sacks, but hit Luck 11 times (I looked it up).  That kind of pressure leads to bad throws, and with real corners, that leads to turnovers.

not to mention the 2 minute drive before half.  even w/o the fumble it's still a punt on a drive that Rex gives up points.   

Huge difference between this year and last. 

That was a very impressive win last night , as the Jets dominated the Colts  on National Tv.    Still it really didn't matter what the Jets had in the secondary yesterday, as the Jets front seven dominated the Colts offense line so bad ( no Qb would have fare any better with pressure Luck was under yesterday).     

When  you get a front seven manhandle the opposition like that, any secondary would have looked just as impressive.    The true Test for the jets secondary ( how good it really is) is when an opponent Offense line can put up a better fight than the Colts did.    The Colts as long as they  keep putting their franchise Qb behind a subpar offense line, aren't going to go very far in the playoffs- no matter how much you upgrade the skill positions.

I guess you're right. It's "knit" picking.

Our secondary is INCERDIBLE.

No to be incendiary but I would personally favor Cro to the bench. 

Skrine was almost as important a signing for the defense as Marshall was for the offense.  You saw why they went after Gilchrist tonight.  He slipped over to cover the slot almost every time Skrine blitzed - that's a former CB playing FS for us, it allows Bowles to really make Skrine a wildcard.

I loved the Skrine signing. Many people felt like it was overkill but Skrine last year was one of the best CB's in all of football on 3rd down when it came to takeaways. Now with Bowles doing all types crazy line up's and blitzes its good to have all of these guys. Then to think that you have guys like Williams and McDougle coming off the bench and to not miss a beat along with Milliner when he gets healthy. 

This defense will probably be the most complete, most dominate group we've ever seen the Jet field. They have 10 turnovers in 8 quarters. I cant even remember the last time we've had that. 

Agree.

They got no sacks, but hit Luck 11 times (I looked it up).  That kind of pressure leads to bad throws, and with real corners, that leads to turnovers.

The Gilchrist INT was a direct result of major pressure on Luck ... he was still backpedalling, let it go high, didn't get to follow through.

Hoping for more of the same against Philly this weekend. 

Forget cro and Revis,  Im loving  skrine,  Gilchrist and the way Bowles uses calvin Pryor.  Very dynamic secondary.  I also love having mcdougle, walls,  Williams and Millner waiting in the wings.  

From worst to best secondary overnight. 

Exactly. Its not really about the guys that we expect to produce for us, its about the other guys adding to it. Calvin Pryor has had a very good start to the season. Marcus Williams is a shining light within the darkness that was many of Idzik's player decisions. That kid has the potential to be a star. If Dee Milliner can get healthy and continue on with what he began to put on the field this Jets team will be unstoppable. 

I dont want to get ahead of myself but there is no doubt that if this defense maintains this level of play it is a superbowl caliber defense for sure. What I love the most is that its the offense however putting up the points. That means that the defense isnt totally masking offensive incompetence. The defense are creating turnovers and the offense are scoring points. Thats just tough to beat. 

Increasing the number of turnovers is a critical element to winning games.. That fumble recovery by Revis at the one yard line was huge.

Coples also played well last night. The Colts had a lot of holding calls and non calls too.

I wouldn't be shocked if next week is the final game of Sam Bradfords career.

I wouldn't be shocked if next week is the final game of Sam Bradfords career.

I was just thinking Bradford may regret not signing that contract, looked good in preseason and took a gamble, I know the kid has money but not looking like a great gamble, I wonder if he called his agent after the game last night, Luck was hit hard a few times

I was just thinking Bradford may regret not signing that contract, looked good in preseason and took a gamble, I know the kid has money but not looking like a great gamble, I wonder if he called his agent after the game last night, Luck was hit hard a few times

I could see Coples giving Bradford the Jake Locker treatment 

The Gilchrist INT was a direct result of major pressure on Luck ... he was still backpedalling, let it go high, didn't get to follow through.

Hoping for more of the same against Philly this weekend. 

that was coples with the pressure. He got flagged for it the first time and then came back and got him again to force the INT

Archived