Snap Counts Vs. Colts

CrazyCarl40

From: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/54402/antonio-cromartie-shows-sprained-knee-no-match-for-big-heart

A look at the Jets' snap counts:

OFFENSE (Based on 69)

Quarterback: Ryan Fitzpatrick 69.

Running back: Bilal Powell 37, Chris Ivory 32, Tommy Bohanon 29.

Wide receiver: Brandon Marshall 69, Eric Decker 54, Chris Owusu 52, Enunwa 29, Jeremy Kerley 1.

Tight end: Jeff Cumberland 23, Kellen Davis 19.

Offensive line: D'Brickashaw Ferguson 69, James Carpenter 69, Nick Mangold 69, Willie Colon 69, Breno Giacomini 69.

DEFENSE (Based on 64)

Line: Muhammad Wilkerson 58, Leonard Williams 48, Leger Douzable 42,Damon Harrison 21, Stephen Bowen 11, T.J. Barnes 3.

Linebacker: David Harris 64, Demario Davis 64, Quinton Coples 39, Calvin Pace 36, Trevor Reilly 12, Jamari Lattimore 9, Erin Henderson 2.

Secondary: Marcus Gilchrist 62, Darrelle Revis 61, Cromartie 61, Calvin Pryor53, Buster Skrine 46, Jaiquawn Jarrett 9, Marcus Williams 3.

Surprised to see very little playing time for Marcus Williams, especially considering Cro didn't practice a lot and looked decently hobbled. McDougle got 6 snaps on Special Teams. I bet he'll be back to inactive when Walls is healthy.

Snacks played about 1/3 of the game. Seems like it was by design with the switching out of the base 3-4.

Powell getting more snaps makes sense since Ivory was a little hurt.

Kerley getting one snap is crazy for the amount of money he is making. He seems to be playing good solider though. If Decker is down for any serious time, he and Devin Smith would be elevated a bit.

The O-line played together the entire game. That's pretty good.

I thought Reilly may see more action with Mauldin down, but he didn't. That may be a result of switching to four down lineman as well (as was noted in other threads).

Just a few observations.

Really thought Kerley could have been effective in the short passing game last night.  Crazy he's getting no run.  He's an expensive sh*tty punt returner and thats it.  I dont really get it.  He's a play maker.

Owusu got a lot of run and was pretty invisible. 

Pretty interesting that in the first game that we saw more 4 man fronts, that Douz was the guy to get more snaps.  I figured Coples would have been that guy and Pace combined with whoever else would rotate on the other end.  And he was a great.  Which is just insane to think about when Richardson returns.  

I wonder if some of the decent runs they broke off happened with Snacks out since he played so little?

No extra OLmen the entire game.  Interesting.  

Archived