REVIS NAMED AFC DPOW

Bachelors3

Kind of a no-brainer. It was vintage Revis. 

Scary but I think Revis will improve as the year goes along. It is subtle but the Jets are coaching all the DBs on a slightly different version of man to man where they can see the play develop facing the QB as opposed to following the route and timing the head turn. It will lead to slightly more underneath catches but more pics. Our coverage technique was what really stuck out to me on Monday.

Teams forget, they tempt fate and only when they get burned do they totally go away.  Explain his int last game.

No one forgets how nasty Revis is. The browns didn't throw at him. Most other teams won't either.

Luck, Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton....these guys are a different breed. They don't care who's over there, they'll throw it if their guy seems open. Regarding the int, it's simple: Luck's throwing motion was cutoff resulting in a fluttering ball. If he had time to throw it well and placed it towards the sideline, it probably would have been a completion or out of bounds. The receiver had a step on Revis to the sideline. 

Kind of a no-brainer. It was vintage Revis. 

Scary but I think Revis will improve as the year goes along. It is subtle but the Jets are coaching all the DBs on a slightly different version of man to man where they can see the play develop facing the QB as opposed to following the route and timing the head turn. It will lead to slightly more underneath catches but more pics. Our coverage technique was what really stuck out to me on Monday.

It looked to me that on a few plays he was several yards behind his man, and he allowed some big catches.  But that being said, he more than made up for it on other plays and deserved the recognition.  As the year goes on it will be interesting to see if there is basically another approach here or if Revis has changed his approach on coverage.

No one forgets how nasty Revis is. The browns didn't throw at him. Most other teams won't either.

Luck, Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton....these guys are a different breed. They don't care who's over there, they'll throw it if their guy seems open. Regarding the int, it's simple: Luck's throwing motion was cutoff resulting in a fluttering ball. If he had time to throw it well and placed it towards the sideline, it probably would have been a completion or out of bounds. The receiver had a step on Revis to the sideline. 

Did he throw at Revis or not?  A yes no will suffice.

Teams forget, they tempt fate and only when they get burned do they totally go away.  Explain his int last game.

because you can't always avoid a CB if he's covering your targeted WR.  Hard to keep checking off plays because you don't trust yourself trying to complete a pass to a player Revis is covering.  I agree you have to be smart about it but it's not like no ones tried to work Revis over.  Dallas tried getting it into Dez and it cost them a game 

Manziel is a little different than Luck.  Johnny football threw the ball what, 15 times total?  Real QBs throw that in less than a half of football. 

Archived