David Harris refuses to give Frank Gore a hand

Jetsfan80

Love it- why save the other RB's legs. Make em do 20 mini squats each game and make it clear ur not friends

This.  I loved it.  Harris looks like he found the fountain of youth.  Actually, every player looks 100 times better under Bowles.  Goes to show that Rex is the most overrated defensive coach in the league.  

This.  I loved it.  Harris looks like he found the fountain of youth.  Actually, every player looks 100 times better under Bowles.  Goes to show that Rex is the most overrated defensive coach in the league.  

he had the best D in the league the year he took over. Why can't we give credit to both Bowles AND Rex? It's not like Bowles didn't just put $40 mil into the D this year. 

Maybe it's just me but I think it's a little petty (and not the Bryce kind).  Unless there's some history between them I don't know about, help the guy up.  At the end of the day, you're both football players in the NFL trying to win games and stay healthy.  And some day you might be teammates.

I'd rather our guys be so confident in their game, they don't see helping the other guy up or not as going to make an iota of difference in the score.

A butterfly flaps it's wing in Indonesia causing Hurricane Sandy!!!  think about it.

If DH helps Gore up there, then that millisecond change in movement results in Gore NOT fumbling on the goal line...BAM!..............mind - blown.........

Or perhaps Harris just made Gore just feel unloved, got in his head which made him drop the ball.

Either way, this caused a fumble -

A butterfly flaps it's wing in Indonesia causing Hurricane Sandy!!!  think about it.

If DH helps Gore up there, then that millisecond change in movement results in Gore NOT fumbling on the goal line...BAM!..............mind - blown.........

Or perhaps Harris just made Gore just feel unloved, got in his head which made him drop the ball.

I never thought of that. So wise.   Thanks dude.

Maybe it's just me but I think it's a little petty (and not the Bryce kind).  Unless there's some history between them I don't know about, help the guy up.  At the end of the day, you're both football players in the NFL trying to win games and stay healthy.  And some day you might be teammates.

I'd rather our guys be so confident in their game, they don't see helping the other guy up or not as going to make an iota of difference in the score.

not that its a big deal, but I tend to agree with you. seems like a little bad mojo. not much, just a little

You sir are a true sensei...   :win:

What's the big deal?  Ray Lewis and Ed Reed (and the rest of those nasty Ravens defenses) never helped guys up.  They'd jack you up and not give you a hand.  They weren't your friends.  They were there to hit you and knock you around.  Offensive players (e.g. Dustin Keller) were afraid of those guys.  

Its you.  Very old school, you don't help another player from the opposition up

Gore's job is to try and make guys like harris look bad.  understand David's reluctance.  Might also be a coaching edict.

To be fair Harris put his hand out to help Gore up and pulled it away when Gore reached for it,

he could have reached out thinking it was a teammate. Realized it wasn't and pulled back.  Who knows, don't think it was anything more than you don't help an opponent up. 

DO you remember the game a few years ago, when Harbaughs 49ers pretty much embarassed the Jets? Ran it up on them? Were laughing and joking?

David Harris remembers.

It is not petty at all. It is sending a message that you have no friends here. It is not like he was taunted or anything.  We have gotten so soft as a society, like giving trophies for just "showing up".  Bleep that man.  This how football used to be played.  I am really feeling this team. 

Archived