Sunday White Out!

prime21

From the Jets website:

The forecast calls for a WHITEOUT!  We’ll be wearing all white -- jerseys, pants, and even shoes – and we want you to do the same.  The whiteout, presented by Miller Lite, also includes a free white rally towel which you can get upon entry.  The game, this Sunday at 1:00 PM at MetLife Stadium vs. the Philadelphia Eagles, is presented by JetBlue.  Sunday will also be our first Anti-Bullying Awareness Day, designed to tackle bullying through awareness raising.

12039683_10153058816426231_8571735430978

I think it is pretty stupid to do a white out when they play a green team. Makes no sense.

The Eagles fans there will be wearing green. Now they will stand out.

I get the white out is to sell merchandise. But do that for the opener or on any day you aren't playing the Packers or Eagles.

I think it is pretty stupid to do a white out when they play a green team. Makes no sense.

I get the white out is to sell merchandise. But do that for the opener or on any day you aren't playing the Packers or Eagles.

and there will be a A LOT of Eagle fans there.  I agree, bad planning on the part of the Jets.

I don't like when the Jets micro manage the process for fans.

Hand us towels. Hand us flags. Most people will waive them.

But the Jets are a green team. I hate, hate, hate that they do a white out for merchandising reasons. Otherwise it would just be rock your old green Jets jersey on Sunday.

The Green Jerseys matter group will be protesting..:ph34r:

So am I dick for wearing my green jersey this Sunday?  I'm superstitious. 

So am I dick for wearing my green jersey this Sunday?  I'm superstitious. 

lol - i thought the same thing.  I'm not going to the game so it doesn't matter at all - but i do have a white jersey i would wear…  but I've been wearing green #29 Leon jersey (I call it powell now. lol) and they've won both weeks.  Everything is riding on my jersey choice this weekend, **** it I'm staying green.

I personally like things like this in sports. Unfortunately every previous white out or green out, half the stadium doesn't partake. 

But I will have my white on ready for this one. Winning 3 in a row? That doesn't happen often with our team, so I'm very interested to see if this mojo can continue. I just hope they don't get too cocky and stay the course. Plus I don't want to circle the Pats game or say we will be 5-0 going into the Pats. Because then we are just acting like Rex. The Pats game is just another game on the schedule in the regular season. No need to hype it more then it will be. 

I was at a "Fan Advisory" meeting last year and I brought this up.  They had said last year the home opener they did a "white out" since the jerseys would be a bit cooler temperature wise in the sun compared to the dark green jerseys.  Not sure why they picked the Eagles game to do it.  I remember telling them at the meeting that when we play an opponent who will be attracting a big fan following we need to do something to make ourselves stand out such as towels or flags.  I referenced the Steelers bringing in 20k fans with yellow towels and we should be giving out green towels to outnumber them.  We don't need to be rude to fans but we can wave towels or whatever else to outnumber them.  Maybe this listened and are doing this for the Eagles but the white out part makes no sense.

I personally like things like this in sports. Unfortunately every previous white out or green out, half the stadium doesn't partake. 

But I will have my white on ready for this one. Winning 3 in a row? That doesn't happen often with our team, so I'm very interested to see if this mojo can continue. I just hope they don't get too cocky and stay the course. Plus I don't want to circle the Pats game or say we will be 5-0 going into the Pats. Because then we are just acting like Rex. The Pats game is just another game on the schedule in the regular season. No need to hype it more then it will be. 

Because the NFL doesnt execute it like how the NBA/College hoops do it. 

Give out shirts at the beginning of the game and you will have a white out. . You cant depend on 70,000 attendees seeing this advertisement or even having the white jerseys when the most popular Jets jersey are the green ones. 

Give out white Jet shirts/jerseys at the game. Those PSL's should cover the costs lol. 

I'm going to the game, and don't have any white Jets apparel, nor do i plan on purchasing a 3rd Jets Jersey just to fulfill some arbitrary BS merchandising scheme from the Jets org. So yeah, I'm going to 'Go Green' and be 'Greener' just like their dumb pre season season ticket advertisements.

Archived