Juggling the roster

Gaffneycatch

Kerley is a good to slightly better than that player. The issue Kerley has that will hold him back with Bowles is Kerley is not a practice guy. He has nagging little injuries and is not awesome in practice, but he is able to raise his game significantly on Sundays.

Agree with this.  It always seemed to me that he's been good for 2-3 clutch 3rd down plays every game.  He could have been a hero in the GB game last year if Sheldon didn't call time out...

He must be a terrible practice player.

Dom I'm not so worried about Kerleys fair catches although that one fair catch in the indy game at the 5 freakin yard line was inexcusable. I'm more worried about him catching the ball and his crappy returns. He always looks shaky catching the football and quite frankly his vision stinks because he always seems to take the wrong direction . So it goes a bit deeper than just fair catches

Then how do you explain him having double the yards per return of Powell and Saunders last year?  Last year was his worst year returning punts and he was at 8 ypr,  Well, I guess this year he is at 6.5, but he has only had two returns.  I don't know what you are talking about with the 5 yard line.  I thought it was the 8.  My understanding of the NFL "rules" for punts are that you fair catch anything from the 10 to the 5 and let anything inside the 5 go, hoping it rolls into the end zone for a touchback.  I thought he played it by the book. 

Archived