Key Matchups for Jets Versus Eagles

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   As the 2-0 Jets prepare to take on the Philadelphia Eagles at MetLife Stadium this Sunday, JetNation.com take a look at some of the key match ups between Gang Green and the winless Eagles. Jets Defensive line vs. Eagles Offensive line- This is where the Jets should dominate and the game […]

Click here to read the full story...

Should've mentioned Gilchrist.  With the Eagles short/quick pass game the Jets will need good tackling from the safeties around the LOS and I've seen Gilchrist do a good job of it in the past.

Just heard on ESPN radio that Demarco is playing with the hamstring. Awesome.

I think he'll explode if they play like they did last week.  Those clips of him walking up and down the sideline screaming show just how frustrated he is.  If he  just keeps running in to a wall of defenders on handoffs out of the shotgun we may see him get after a coach/coordinator.

I think he'll explode if they play like they did last week.  Those clips of him walking up and down the sideline screaming show just how frustrated he is.  If he  just keeps running in to a wall of defenders on handoffs out of the shotgun we may see him get after a coach/coordinator.

Hahaha. It's going to be tough sledding. As long as Folk doesn't randomly pinch his arm. WTF was that anyway?! And he had such a blank far away stare on his face when the camera showed him. Kickers are a strange breed.

Hahaha. It's going to be tough sledding. As long as Folk doesn't randomly pinch his arm. WTF was that anyway?! And he had such a blank far away stare on his face when the camera showed him. Kickers are a strange breed.

I forgot about that.  What a  strange play.

Unless Chip keeps throwing his 1-yard screen passes, I don't see how the Jets defense doesn't come away with 5-7 sacks.  They're gonna run a million plays, they haven't been able to run the ball, they can't pass block, and Bradford is as immobile as they come. Not the least bit surprised if we see Sanchez at some point.

Unless Chip keeps throwing his 1-yard screen passes, I don't see how the Jets defense doesn't come away with 5-7 sacks.  They're gonna run a million plays, they haven't been able to run the ball, they can't pass block, and Bradford is as immobile as they come. Not the least bit surprised if we see Sanchez at some point.

If Sanchez had to come in that place would come unglued. I'm okay with limited sacks if we're forcing bad throws but they're going to bubble screen all day I don't see how they can stretch the field vertically with no time to let the play develop and our coverage.

If Sanchez had to come in that place would come unglued. I'm okay with limited sacks if we're forcing bad throws but they're going to bubble screen all day I don't see how they can stretch the field vertically with no time to let the play develop and our coverage.

Agreed..that's why Pryor and Gilchrist are gonna' be so important.

Didnt want to create another thread. Bart Scott goes off on Chip Kelly and his "Scientist and stuff" lol. 

Former Jet Bart Scott blasts Chip Kelly, Eagles' 'scientists and stuff'

Former Jets linebacker Bart Scott left little doubt to who he is rooting for when the Eagles travel to MetLife Stadium on Sunday. 

Scott, a current contributor on "The NFL Today on CBS" was a guest of WFAN Radio and criticized just about everything  Chip Kelly, including the third year head coach's reliance on sports science. 

"I'm rooting for the Jets," Scott said. "Not just because I played for the Jets, but because I love a good car crash. I love a good accident waiting to happen. You have one guy who thinks he's the smartest guy in the world. Trust me, I played for Brian Billick, so I'm used to being around guys that believe that they're really smart, and Brian was. But come on now, are you kidding me? This guy needs to figure out what time to get a protein shake because obviously he's giving the protein shakes at the wrong time, with his scientists and stuff that he has back there, because his teams aren't ready to play in the first half."

RELATED: Brian Billick says Eagles are 'powder keg ready to explode' if Chip Kelly fails

Much has been made of Kelly making protein shakes available to players after practices and during games, but in this case Scott uses it as yet another piece of ammunition against the coach some call an offensive genius who's offense has suddenly become predictable. 

"He can't win," Scott said. "You know why he can't win? Because you can't win and tell people that you devalue great players and get rid of them just because you want to. So I think there's a little bit of karma coming back to him. Nelson Agholor hasn't replaced Jeremy Maclin. Jeremy Maclin was a class act guy. You can't just replace people like they're things, you know what I mean? Like they're toys that you're tired of playing with because you want something new. So I hope that he loses. I hope he loses every game."

After a frenetic offseason the Eagles have lost their first two games this season and look to do what only 12 percent of teams starting 0-2 have done in the NFL: Make the playoffs. A win Sunday afternoon would be a huge first step towards accomplishing that goal and silencing the critics that have been building to a crescendo against Kelly all week. 

Evan Mathis is somewhere laughing his ass off. 

Evan Mathis is somewhere laughing his ass off. 

Every guy he dumped is laughing at him right now.  He may shock the world and turn things around, but right now he's looking like the worst HC/GM hire in decades.

Kelly thinks he is a genius - so lets prove him wrong one more time

With the constant stream of Eagles talk I get out here, I got my fair dose of Kelly and agreed that he would go down as a revolutionary genius, or an idiot.

I expect lots of screens to Sproles and Matthews. Quick plays to spread the Jets defense out.

Really curious to see how the run game plays out.  Kelly has been putting it on his players saying that they aren't executing while several experts say defenses know what's coming.  If the Jets defense knows the play before the snap, Murray could be looking at his first game with negative yards this season.  He was actually at minus-9 late in the 4th quarter last week before an 11 yard run put him over 0.

BTW, Cro's comments make sense to me. Whenever I saw the Eagles offense, it did not seem that they were moving high tempo

It's strange because the numbers apparently show he's wrong, but it's only by a second or two...I wonder how much that 1.5 seconds is impacting them if at all.

Thanks for the article.  

I think the Marshall/Maxwell one is going to be really interesting (especially if Decker is out) since Maxwell has good size for a corner.  Marshall should beast, although I watched the Atlanta game where Maxwell got schooled, and on a couple of plays it was just Julio Jones being an athletic freak that made the difference.  There was one play, where I thought Maxwell had perfect coverage, inside position on a deep pass, and Julio just ran right past him down the sideline, which was weird since Maxwell has 4.4 speed.  

Archived