Fitz Playing Like Crap

j4jets

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overthrown dinks and dunks all day long. Under thrown deep shot to Devin. Throwing short on 3rd downs. He's the reason the offense has stunk so far against a D missing 3 of their starters. We need a change of QB to spark some life as we all know, Fitz is a good QB only when leading. 

That's what his record has said throughout his career. Can't change what you are and what he is, is a career backup QB. Jets defense played like crap out of the gate and the Jets are down 17-0. Gonna have to be careful with the overreaction to wins and recognize that the Jets are STILL an offensively challenged team that needs all hands on board to be successful. Ivory and Decker out meant Enunwa needed to step up. Fitzpatrick was totally erractic, missing several short passes to Kerley and out of the backfield with Powell. Jets won't be a SB contender unless Bryce Petty is the guy to do it. Two years from now. Fitz and Geno leave the Jets as a .500 team.

Fitz was exposed today with Eagles game plan. Think we are forced to go with a change to Geno. Genos arm and legs will loosen up the D. Maybe with these weapons Geno will be OK. One things for sure without the benefits of turnovers Fitz led O doesn't look reliably capable of scoring 25 points.

They aren't. I blame this game on the defense which had been getting all the accolades all week and they called this one in. Especially in the first half. If the defense doesn't get turnovers and the Jets don't take the lead this will repeat itself over and over.

They aren't. I blame this game on the defense which had been getting all the accolades all week and they called this one in. Especially in the first half. If the defense doesn't get turnovers and the Jets don't take the lead this will repeat itself over and over.

you mean the D that gave fitz and O multiple chances to make a comeback and they didn't do a thing ? 

He throws an awful deep ball, that statistic  (Passing over 15 yards he's  25 percent  completion  percentage) is shocking an alarming, my four old throwns a better  spiral  

sorry some of you guys don't wanna hear this , but geno at some point will be the QB again 

im hoping geno is the qb next week. not because i think he is good or even bvetter than fitzpatrick. but because its obvious fitzpatrick is not the answer. we need to see for sure what geno has. if its nothing then on to plan c

im hoping geno is the qb next week. not because i think he is good or even bvetter than fitzpatrick. but because its obvious fitzpatrick is not the answer. we need to see for sure what geno has. if its nothing then on to plan c

I can understand this ... but I think we know what GeeNope is already

Want to see Geno just because of the deep ball, that was scary how off Fitz was today. Underthrew Devin twice and overthrew him into double coverage. Gotta at least give Geno a shot and see....don't see how it can hurt. Fitz is a veteran guy, he will get it and understand if they switch and then switch back to him if need be.

not an easy decision for Bowles. when your "starter" gets hurt and you're starting a backup and he stinks up the joint in a game where your "starter" is healthy again........wonder what he'll say in the presser.

He throws an awful deep ball, that statistic  (Passing over 15 yards he's  25 percent  completion  percentage) is shocking an alarming, my four old throwns a better  spiral  

sorry some of you guys don't wanna hear this , but geno at some point will be the QB again 

He does not tjrow a good Dee ball, but unfortunately Geno throws a much worse one. Yes he has the better arm but much much much worse touch.

exactly we all know what fitz is .. I'm not the biggest geno fan but any stretch , but lord know we've been  through the bumps with him let's see if there's something there...   One thing Geno can do is throw down field I just feel it's  frustrating to watch him (fitz) with  open men  downfield and have him throw theses ducks in the air , plus geno adds more of a run element if man are covered down  Field. the skill set is there with geno, it's all about where he's heads out. Fitz would be fine to get you to 8,9 wins a optimum Geno will take you beyond that 

Very important point right there many of the td drives were really short.. 

I said all last week... For a team with 5 turnovers, we were flat in offense.

Buffalo fans are saying..se we told you. 

FITZ just maybe what we saw today.....  I do love the rinse and repeat posters.  

Chan sucks, play calling sucks, FITZ sucks, bring in Geno.....  Crazy. 

Fitz was awful today. Probably wasn't visible on the TV but he flat out just didn't see guys running wide open all day. He has zero ability to hit anybody deep. This was a very winnable game and most of the blame for the loss falls on his shoulders.

true .. but he is still better than GeeNope

I think if he puts up another game like today's against the soft ass Dolphins we should roll out Geno after the bye. At least the kid has a strong arm and more mobility. People that normally have nothing good to say about us were praising Geno's play all summer. It's just practice but I was intrigued and honestly I dislike Geno as a person but want what's best for the team.

I think if he puts up another game like today's against the soft ass Dolphins we should roll out Geno after the bye. At least the kid has a strong arm and more mobility. People that normally have nothing good to say about us were praising Geno's play all summer. It's just practice but I was intrigued and honestly I dislike Geno as a person but want what's best for the team.

I hope that clueless (insert your own moniker) never plays another down for the Jets ... unless that slap on the Jaw knocked some humility, maturity, skill, intelligence into head ... draft another kid next year and let he and Bryce battle it out in camp

The eagles were all over our receivers so you have to expect there will be more checkdowns on pass plays because the ball has to go somewhere. In these situations you have to wonder why the game plan does not account for Fitz's diminishing accuracy or why an adjustment wasn't made to make better use of short plays. I felt like there were a number of opportunities where we could have played 5-6 hurry up plays for short yardage and frustrated the defense to create opportunities for an easier mid or long distance play. Instead we were always taking time setting up plays. Maybe Fitz needs that much time. I dunno, it just seems like if you know you're going in for lots of short yardage play then you need a faster tempo.

The eagles were all over our receivers so you have to expect there will be more checkdowns on pass plays because the ball has to go somewhere. In these situations you have to wonder why the game plan does not account for Fitz's diminishing accuracy or why an adjustment wasn't made to make better use of short plays. I felt like there were a number of opportunities where we could have played 5-6 hurry up plays for short yardage and frustrated the defense to create opportunities for an easier mid or long distance play. Instead we were always taking time setting up plays. Maybe Fitz needs that much time. I dunno, it just seems like if you know you're going in for lots of short yardage play then you need a faster tempo.

agreed ... checkdowns don't require pre snap checks ... and kills

Geno always looks good when it doesn't matter so he probably did look good in practice. However, if you go to Geno and he sucks then the coaching staff can't come back to Fitz. Dropping Fitz for Geno is a vote of no confidence in Fitz. It makes the coaching staff look clueless and the offense lack leadership. It would ruin the team. If Geno goes in Bowles has to know Geno is the answer or he is prepared to throw the towel in on the season and start planning aggressively for the 2016 QB situation.

Geno always looks good when it doesn't matter so he probably did look good in practice. However, if you go to Geno and he sucks then the coaching staff can't come back to Fitz. Dropping Fitz for Geno is a vote of no confidence in Fitz. It makes the coaching staff look clueless and the offense lack leadership. It would ruin the team. If Geno goes in Bowles has to know Geno is the answer or he is prepared to throw the towel in on the season and start planning aggressively for the 2016 QB situation.

I'm not sure how you can say that. Fitzpatrick cannot throw a 20 yard pass. Devon Smith had a step on his CB on the two of the three long balls thrown his way, and he basically had to stop to make a play. Fitzpatrick is like Chad Pennngton without the game smarts. He's able to manage a game to a point, but he is totally unable to throw a long pass. Furthermore, Miami isn't a good football team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean Geno being the guy in the offseason wasn't a vote of confidence in Fitz. Gailey being the first one to name Geno the starting QB was an indictment of Fitz. Before Geno got hit in the mouth for being a douchebag he was the guy. I'm not a fan of Geno Smith but we're tied down with Fitz. If we don't have the lead I have no confidence in him making a big throw in a comeback win. Now if Geno comes in and plays as bad as we've seen him play you're right we'll be in trouble but I'd rather take that chance if we drop a second straight game. Also if we can't beat this soft ass Phins team something is wrong haha.

I mean Geno being the guy in the offseason wasn't a vote of confidence in Fitz. Gailey being the first one to name Geno the starting QB was an indictment of Fitz. Before Geno got hit in the mouth for being a douchebag he was the guy. I'm not a fan of Geno Smith but we're tied down with Fitz. If we don't have the lead I have no confidence in him making a big throw in a comeback win. Now if Geno comes in and plays as bad as we've seen him play you're right we'll be in trouble but I'd rather take that chance if we drop a second straight game. Also if we can't beat this soft ass Phins team something is wrong haha.

You can't compare switching QBs mid-season to making a decision in camp after a competition.

I'm not sure how you can say that. Fitzpatrick cannot throw a 20 yard pass. Devon Smith had a step on his CB on the two of the three long balls thrown his way, and he basically had to stop to make a play. Fitzpatrick is like Chad Pennngton without the game smarts. He's able to manage a game to a point, but he is totally unable to throw a long pass. Furthermore, Miami isn't a good football team.

There were several overthrows on long passes. That suggests more of an accuracy issue than the inability to throw deep. He's probably not a guy who is going to throw long all game but can throw some long passes.

He needs Eric Decker. Otherwise he's forced to keep forcing passes to Marshall and has more of a chance to be INT's

If that's true, then why are we so sure Geno sucks when his first year Kerley was his best receiver by far and his second year Decker was hurt for at least half the year?  I mean, if we are willing to excuse Fitz for stinking up the place because he didn't have a healthy Decker.

Archived