I officially hate Gailey

BowlesMovement

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do the folks complaining realize we were behind 24 to 0?  You can't run your way back and your QB underthrew almost every throw outside the numbers!

WR had separation and the play calling was designed like a chess match as opposed to the typical OC that we have had in the past and you guys are complaining!!

Good Grief!!!

Do the folks complaining realize we were behind 24 to 0?  You can't run your way back and your QB underthrew almost every throw outside the numbers!

WR had separation and the play calling was designed like a chess match as opposed to the typical OC that we have had in the past and you guys are complaining!!

Good Grief!!!

If you can't run your way back then why were there so many runs up the middle for 1-2 yards?

I'm not saying the season is over or that Gailey is Sporano part two but there were a lot of dumb plays today and seemingly zero adjustments.

If you can't run your way back then why were there so many runs up the middle for 1-2 yards?

I'm not saying the season is over or that Gailey is Sporano part two but there were a lot of dumb plays today and seemingly zero adjustments.

Because you want to keep the defense honest.  And where you run can set up where you pass the ball.  The goal is to force the defense to react to you and not the other way around.

Was it Gailey's game plan or Fitz and the O's execution?

Serious question; I have no idea.

Fitz was check down harry today and that was or is not the game plan.

Also  Fitz' inability to throw the long ball dictates the OC play calling.  For example why dial up plays to hit Smith when Fitz can't get him the ball?  Indeed we saw Gailey make the adjustment of have having Smith come back to the ball because Fitz couldn't hit him in stride for the big gains.

To blame the OC for that is madness!  

Fitz was check down harry today and that was or is not the game plan.

Also  Fitz' inability to throw the long ball dictates the OC play calling.  For example why dial up plays to hit Smith when Fitz can't get him the ball?  Indeed we saw Gailey make the adjustment of have having Smith come back to the ball because Fitz couldn't hit him in stride for the big gains.

To blame the OC for that is madness!  

... I think it's 'Check Down Charlie' ... but I agree with your points !

Because you want to keep the defense honest.  And where you run can set up where you pass the ball.  The goal is to force the defense to react to you and not the other way around.

Yeah but not all run plays have to go right up the gut, especially when your OL is playing the run so poorly. There are other places to run.

Perhaps that was primarily meant to pull the coverage deeper towards Devin, and allow other guys to get open underneath, and Fitz just failed to find them.

This is the point!!!

And why I said earlier that Gailey was playing chess and not checkers.  Fitz not hitting guys who are open and forcing it to others who had double coverage on them was outrageous and poor QB play. 

Indeed Fitz' inaccuracy led to Marshall's alligator arms on that last interception.

I actually thought the play calling was pretty good, the Eagles CBs had amazing coverage (that first deep ball to D. Smith was thrown right in his hands and the eagles defender swatted it out)

That ball needed to be further ahead of the Smith. It can't be where both where both players can make a play. Smith had to play CB on a very similar deep pass earlier in the game.

His play calling sucks balls. His insisting on doing what the defense is trying to take away is maddening. If not for all the turnovers the first two weeks we would be heading for 0-3.

Fitz has enough arm to do more, Gailey sucks. I am quickly losing confidence on Bowles too.

Your post matches the caliber of your screename

We all knew Fitz ceiling and this game showed how his lack of velocity & deep ball strength compromise this offense because it is a HUGE liability if the run game is nonexistent. 

And I like Fitz, I just know what he is. A pumpkin at midnight, but that's historically better than what we've gotten from the previous incumbent 

That ball needed to be further ahead of the Smith. It can't be where both where both players can make a play. Smith had to play CB on a very similar deep pass earlier in the game.

....the first deep ball to Devin Smith if the coverage was any tighter the CB would have been inside of him. The ball was literally thrown perfectly but the coverage was slightly more perfect. I think you should go back and watch that play.

We all knew Fitz ceiling and this game showed how his lack of velocity & deep ball strength compromise this offense because it is a HUGE liability if the run game is nonexistent. 

And I like Fitz, I just know what he is. A pumpkin at midnight, but that's historically better than what we've gotten from the previous incumbent 

Fitz through 3 interceptions in this game which is bad. Half the forum is now calling for us to swap over to Geno who threw 4 Interceptions in 5 drives against the Bills last season (The same game where he was benched for Vick (who admitted he didn't read the playbook))

His play calling sucks balls. His insisting on doing what the defense is trying to take away is maddening. If not for all the turnovers the first two weeks we would be heading for 0-3.

Fitz has enough arm to do more, Gailey sucks. I am quickly losing confidence on Bowles too.

Maybe it wasnt just Gailey's play calling. The only guy on the offense that we had on the field that was a playmaker was Marshall and he was smothered with double teams most of the day. 

Eric Decker (Playmaker) was replaced by Jeremy Kerley (33 yds 1TD). Chris Ivory (Playmaker) was replace by Bilal Powell (10 rushes 31 yds) & Zac Stacey (2 rushes 3 yds). Chris Owusu was also out of the game. Though I wouldnt consider him a playmaker I will certainly consider him better than Quincey Enunwa. 

C'mon, Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 60 passes and couldnt even break the 300 yard mark. And though I seen a few drops in this game, Fitzpatrick was inaccurate literally at every  level of the passing game. This dude's deep ball has to be the worst in the league, seriously. The only deep pass I've seen Ryan FItzpatrick throw all year that was on point was game 1 vs the Browns to Chris Owusu for a 40 yarder. Outside of that this guy simply cannot throw a WR open on a deep route. 

Chan Gailey's offense is still under review, but we all knew that a loss was coming eventually. When you have most of your playmakers injured and you have no special teams whatsoever playing against an 0-2 yet talented team, sh*t tends not to go your way. 

I would have preferred the win of course, but not by risking our playmakers by having lingering injuries all season. Starting the season 2-0 afforded us the opportunity to sit some guys playing against a non conference opponent. 

I always put my best foot forward when the season starts when it comes to Jet players, but as I've said this offseason...Fitzpatrick is a nice back up QB to have, but he is not a quality starting QB. When he gets flustered or when the pressure is on Fitz has a propensity to struggle and not overcome. You can add this one to his resume. Though he was missing alot of his playmakers that had nothing to do with his inaccurate throws. Dude couldnt even hit a RB in the flat properly today. 

this sums up my feeling on Gailey. He's robotic in his play calling.  His ability to adjust his scheme and tempo is lacking. The lack of urgency in the 4th quarter falls squarely on him. His play selection late in the game was completely counter to the situation of being down multiple scores with time running out. The fact that the offense was methodical and unhurried to boot is Chans failure and I don't see how that can be argued 

I agree with you , running the ball and all the screen passes down by 3 scores, like Monday the Jets ran the ball up the middle 30 times into a 8 man front. it going to be a long season ,BEAT THE FISH NEXT WEEK

His playing calling sucks? Did he call the Marshall lateral?

Honestly sometimes reading posts from fans are more frustrating than the game.

Seriously? Your being ridiculous.

Maybe it wasnt just Gailey's play calling. The only guy on the offense that we had on the field that was a playmaker was Marshall and he was smothered with double teams most of the day. 

Eric Decker (Playmaker) was replaced by Jeremy Kerley (33 yds 1TD). Chris Ivory (Playmaker) was replace by Bilal Powell (10 rushes 31 yds) & Zac Stacey (2 rushes 3 yds). Chris Owusu was also out of the game. Though I wouldnt consider him a playmaker I will certainly consider him better than Quincey Enunwa. 

C'mon, Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 60 passes and couldnt even break the 300 yard mark. And though I seen a few drops in this game, Fitzpatrick was inaccurate literally at every  level of the passing game. This dude's deep ball has to be the worst in the league, seriously. The only deep pass I've seen Ryan FItzpatrick throw all year that was on point was game 1 vs the Browns to Chris Owusu for a 40 yarder. Outside of that this guy simply cannot throw a WR open on a deep route. 

Chan Gailey's offense is still under review, but we all knew that a loss was coming eventually. When you have most of your playmakers injured and you have no special teams whatsoever playing against an 0-2 yet talented team, sh*t tends not to go your way. 

I would have preferred the win of course, but not by risking our playmakers by having lingering injuries all season. Starting the season 2-0 afforded us the opportunity to sit some guys playing against a non conference opponent. 

I always put my best foot forward when the season starts when it comes to Jet players, but as I've said this offseason...Fitzpatrick is a nice back up QB to have, but he is not a quality starting QB. When he gets flustered or when the pressure is on Fitz has a propensity to struggle and not overcome. You can add this one to his resume. Though he was missing alot of his playmakers that had nothing to do with his inaccurate throws. Dude couldnt even hit a RB in the flat properly today. 

You nailed it Villain.

O don't hate Fitz like some but he should be throwing the ball 58 times. Is this a joke? Ivory dressed, yes? 16 total rushing attemps by the team. That's sh*tty play calling, sorry.

Fitz is and always was an interception machine.  Saw this many times when he came in with the Bills to play the Jets.  Don't expect anything to change. Thank god he hasn't fumbled yet.

Turn the page.

Archived