Most of you guys are blaming the wrong people!

Jetster

I agree, this was a pretty bad performance all round, from our best talent (Marshall, who handed away between 3-14 points today) to Fitzfail, to just about everyone OTHER than Quigly Down Under, who punted amazingly well today.

With that said, pretty clear the fans only want one head, Fitz's.  

Because Geno Smith.

God some days suck to be a Jets Fan.  Geno f'ing Smith, season "savior", lawl.

Kind of like trying to blame the sideline INT on Marshall and not Fitz for overthrowing a wide open 6'4" WR? 

Geno hasnt had a horrendous game like this since before his benching a year ago.  If I'm going to watch terrible QB that leaves the chance no chance of winning, like today, Id rather the guy who at least has a chance of showing something more be in the game.

Whoever that might be

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of like trying to blame the sideline INT on Marshall and not Fitz for overthrowing a wide open 6'4" WR? 

Yeah, seriously, how do you blame a pussy WR fearful of contact when the ball hit him in both hands, amiright?  Jets only dropped what, about 6 passes today, and went pussy (especially the soft rookie Smith and mini-Kerley) of a few others.

Don't you worry Nut, you'll get your Geno obsession fix before too long I think.

Yeah, seriosuly, how do you blame a pussy WR fearful of contact when the ball hit him in both hands, amiright? 

Don ;t you worry Nut, you'll get your Geno obsession fix before too long I think.

Yeah, an obsession.  The go to reply when someone says Geno might be better than Fitz after his play is directly responsible for a loss.  

And I think youre wrong, a 6'4" wr goes high and the ball goes off his finger tips its on the QB.  Even if it means that might add to the guy you don't want to see play QB being closer to returning.  Just as its as wrong as it get to say that Marshall is afraid of contact.  

Ugh, he shouldn't throw the ball inside when his WR is running the sideline into the EZ.

He shouldn't throw it over the 6'4" WR head for a sideline pick in FG range.  

He shouldn't throw a ball into the DL for a pick near FG range after we force a TO.

He shouldn't throw countless balls behind WRs leading to all those drops. 

I get that all of this doesn't fit with the calls for Fitz as our savior but the game was there for the taking and Fitz didnt get it done.

The Ball to Smith on the INT should have been a contested play ...It was a deep pass the WR needs to make a play on the ball

The ball to Brandon Marshall , you know the one that went right through his hands for the INT was right on the money looking at that play in slow motion is very puzzling as to why Marshall pulled his hands down from the ball

Balls batted down at the LOS happen to every single QB in this league not sure how you think a QB can avoid those but maybe you can explain. Maybe if the OL sustain blocks better you will see less of those

Yes he threw a few balls behind the WR's but once again so does every QB in this league unless of course you think every single throw needs to be right on the money every single time.

Maybe next time Fitz can Lobby the head coach to play on special teams (I'm sure he would have tackled Sproles) and also cover RB's out of the backfield. Maybe he can go out and catch the multiple dropped passes as well

Yeah, an obsession.  The go to reply when someone says Geno might be better than Fitz after his play is directly responsible for a loss.  

And I think youre wrong, a 6'4" wr goes high and the ball goes off his finger tips its on the QB.  Even if it means that might add to the guy you don't want to see play QB being closer to returning.  Just as its as wrong as it get to say that Marshall is afraid of contact.  

He was on that play, and the announcers even called him out on it (and frankly, I trust them vastly more than you, mate).

Ball hits both your hands, it's on you, no matter how "bad" the throw.

Fitz gets no defense today, he was horribad.

So no worries, Geno Smith is likely inbound after the Bye week.

If you think Fitzpatrick can be a winning NFL QB you obviously haven't watched NFL games the last 11 years.

I've watched a QB who plays good enough to win but has played for some crappy teams . If that's what you're asking.

I don't just watch the Jets ..weren't you the one screaming for Colin Crapernick ?

I've watched a QB who plays good enough to win but has played for some crappy teams . If that's what you're asking.

I don't just watch the Jets ..weren't you the one screaming for Colin Crapernick ?

Me no, I do like mobile QB's thou.  I'll be the guy screaming for Bradford thou this offseason if he wiggles free, give him the weapons the Jets have on offense, and he lights sh*t up.  Chip Kelly flat out took it out of his hands in the 2nd half, and he still almost threw 2 easy TD's that his RB's dropped.

The Ball to Smith on the INT should have been a contested play ...It was a deep pass the WR needs to make a play on the ball

The ball to Brandon Marshall , you know the one that went right through his hands for the INT was right on the money looking at that play in slow motion is very puzzling as to why Marshall pulled his hands down from the ball

Balls batted down at the LOS happen to every single QB in this league not sure how you think a QB can avoid those but maybe you can explain. Maybe if the OL sustain blocks better you will see less of those

Yes he threw a few balls behind the WR's but once again so does every QB in this league unless of course you think every single throw needs to be right on the money every single time.

Maybe next time Fitz can Lobby the head coach to play on special teams (I'm sure he would have tackled Sproles) and also cover RB's out of the backfield. Maybe he can go out and catch the multiple dropped passes as well

It needed to be contested because it was thrown to the wrong side.  Nice to blame the WR who barely could get his hand on the ball to knock it away, not the one who threw the ball 

But, I'm stopping, you have managed to excuse every pick and poorly thrown ball on someone else other than the one who threw the ball.  

I also think Geno is sh*t, but I think he stinks a little less than Fitzpatrick, the Jets still don't have a QB, but at least Geno has NFL physical tools that could possibly prove me wrong.

He was on that play, and the announcers even called him out on it (and frankly, I trust them vastly more than you, mate).

Ball hits both your hands, it's on you, no matter how "bad" the throw.

So no worries, Geno Smith is likely inbound after the Bye week.

The most widely used cliche, if the ball hits your fingers you should catch it.  Sorry, its wrong, isnt true for every ball.   Our QB was wild, all over the place today. Happens, stop making excuses for him.  It was a horrible day for Fitz.  

You can keep saying shlt like no worries Geno will be back if it makes you feel good.  Havent called for his return once.  Funny, Geno throws picks and someone says he has no Wrs and its excuses.  Fitz throws picks and there are nothing but excuses from Geno haters, real excuses.  Easy to see what your agenda is on defending Fitzs bad game though

Our QB was wild, all over the place today. Happens, stop making excuses for him.  It was a horrible day for Fitz.  

You're so frothy in your Geno obsession, reading has apparently become too difficult for you.

Like I said, stop foaming at the mouth, mate.  You'll likely get your guy soon enough.

You're so frothy in your Geno obsession, reading has apparently become too difficult for you.

Like I said, stop foaming at the mouth, mate.  You'll likely get your guy soon enough.

Yeah, obsessed.  The go to word when you cant think of anything else?

Other than the name you called people who want Geno to take over as QB on another thread?  LOL, so predictable when someone doesnt buy into your QB

don't bother. It's a lost cause that one.

#1- 3rd down...Kerley drop...punt

#2- Sproles punt return on a good punt to the sidelines.. 7 points

#3- Cumberland (worst TE in NFL 2 drops)

#4-  Marshall lateral (Philly TD)

#4- Davis personal foul (BS call but Philly 7 points)

#5- Marshall drop (pick)

#6- some Dlineman named Bair? had 4 blocked passes & abused our pro bowl center

#7- Our Oline has now SUCKED in run blocking 2 games straight.

Team game fellas, lots of blame to go around!

punt return TD happened play after Fitz missed easy pass which would have gone for a TD-simple as that 14 point swing and the game-fitz sucks

Yeah, obsessed.  The go to word when you cant think of anything else?

Other than the name you called people who want Geno to take over as QB on another thread?  LOL, so predictable when someone doesnt buy into your QB

You're THAT excited about Fritz failing today, eh.

Well, not surprising, you've been rooting for Fitz to fail from day 1.

Glad you, at least, had a good day today.

You're THAT excited about Fritz failing today, eh.

Well, not surprising, you've been rooting for Fitz to fail from day 1.

Glad you, at least, had a good day today.

Get your head out of your...

Rooting for Geno to fail?  Does that make you feel better?  Or does calling anyone who admits they saw shltty QB play today a Geno Obsessive work better for you?  

Its what you do.  I say Fitz sucked today and you say I'm hot for Geno.  Then the equally goofy "had a good day" line.  What are you 50 going on 12?

Come on you guys, how long have you been football fans?

Yes, watching that game was tough! But remember, this is a TEAM GAME. We lost by 7 points! We were down 24-7. Our defense let them run all over us in the 1st half, (this is a team that couldn't run on anybody the 1st 2 games).

Our punter who I hate did exactly what you should do, punt to the sideline to squeeze the runner in & we let him run for an 80 something yard punt return for a TD.

Now you know why Jeremy Kerley was sitting, he's not very good! He dropped a 3rd down pass to start the game & he's a terrible punt returner. Plus he dropped another pass after that. Then Enunwa dropped a pass & even Marshall let the ball go through his hands for another Eagles pick. 

Okay, I'll say it....Nick Mangold has to get his head out of his azz for what we're paying him! The Eagles nobody, some guy named Bair had 4 f*cking pass knockdowns (1 for pick)  & was tackling our running backs in the backfield! Sorry, but when your paying a guy money like we pay Mangold, there is no way in hell you let some no name like this guy abuse you.

Brandons lateral was a complete brain fart! Philly scored 7, difference in the game, plus his non catch/ pick probably cost us 10 points, so you really can say that Brandons bad day was equal to 10 points. That & the punt return seals the deal.

Mistakes = loss in the NFL. We gave this game away, worst way to lose in the NFL, luckily we were playing with house money coming in 2-0. 1 loss to a non conference opponent, beat Miami next week...3-1 with Washington coming in, good chance to be 4-1 still better than most here expected.

exactly...but let's blame fitz. Stupid.  

punt return TD happened play after Fitz missed easy pass which would have gone for a TD-simple as that 14 point swing and the game-fitz sucks

The really simple truth is Ryan Fitzpatrick at his worst is a million times better than Geno the complete and total BUST can or ever will be

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The really simple truth is Ryan Fitzpatrick at his worst is a million times better than Geno the complete and total BUST can or ever will be

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Fitzpatrick isn't a million times better than anything, even if you spotted him the 999,999.

Come on you guys, how long have you been football fans?

Yes, watching that game was tough! But remember, this is a TEAM GAME. We lost by 7 points! We were down 24-7. Our defense let them run all over us in the 1st half, (this is a team that couldn't run on anybody the 1st 2 games).

Our punter who I hate did exactly what you should do, punt to the sideline to squeeze the runner in & we let him run for an 80 something yard punt return for a TD.

Now you know why Jeremy Kerley was sitting, he's not very good! He dropped a 3rd down pass to start the game & he's a terrible punt returner. Plus he dropped another pass after that. Then Enunwa dropped a pass & even Marshall let the ball go through his hands for another Eagles pick. 

Okay, I'll say it....Nick Mangold has to get his head out of his azz for what we're paying him! The Eagles nobody, some guy named Bair had 4 f*cking pass knockdowns (1 for pick)  & was tackling our running backs in the backfield! Sorry, but when your paying a guy money like we pay Mangold, there is no way in hell you let some no name like this guy abuse you.

Brandons lateral was a complete brain fart! Philly scored 7, difference in the game, plus his non catch/ pick probably cost us 10 points, so you really can say that Brandons bad day was equal to 10 points. That & the punt return seals the deal.

Mistakes = loss in the NFL. We gave this game away, worst way to lose in the NFL, luckily we were playing with house money coming in 2-0. 1 loss to a non conference opponent, beat Miami next week...3-1 with Washington coming in, good chance to be 4-1 still better than most here expected.

Despite being gifted great field position, the offense was putrid and barely scored any points in the entire first half. That's why we lost. Also, Bair had so many pass knockdowns because Fitzpatrick is short for a pure pocket passer and can't alter his throwing platform or scramble like Manziel or Wilson or Geno. In other words, the knockdowns are partially his fault. He can't play a pure pocket passer game without getting knockdowns because of his limitations as a player and passer.

Fitzpatrick isn't a million times better than anything, even if you spotted him the 999,999.

I will say he's probably 50 times better than me.  Never played QB myself in organized ball, but I was a darn good neighborhood QB.  Some would even say legendary.   We're talking Al Bundy level here.  Trust me, crazy skillz.

Sadly, even outta shape and being 36, I may have a stronger arm than Fitz.

For ****'s sake it's week 3. We have a shaky quarterback situation and a rookie coach. You people are emotionally disabled.

So we wait 'til week 8 or so to look for improvement?  When the playoffs are all but lost?  It's a 16 game season.  Each and every week is important.

I will say he's probably 50 times better than me.  Never played QB myself in organized ball, but I was a darn good neighborhood QB.  Some would even say legendary.   We're talking Al Bundy level here.  Trust me, crazy skillz.

Sadly, even outta shape and being 36, I may have a stronger arm than Fitz.

do you have a more powerful brain than Geno?

Archived