We Need Sheldon Richardson

neckdemon

This d-line did not look good today. Couldnt control the running game. Couldnt pressure the qb at all. Sheldon is the best player on the d-line and we are sorely missing him. If any of us were deluded into thinking we shoudl sign wilk and let richardson go......i think we are seeing the results of that scenario. After the bye once we get richardson back hopefully this line will look dominant again....because they looked anything but dominant today.

Bowles didn't dial up the pressure with his defensive calls until the 2nd half.  The Iggles OL played way better than expected in straight up situations.  This was a team-loss in the true sense of the word with plenty of blame to go around -- including the coaching staff.

Bowles didn't dial up the pressure with his defensive calls until the 2nd half.  The Iggles OL played way better than expected in straight up situations.  This was a team-loss in the true sense of the word with plenty of blame to go around -- including the coaching staff.

oh im not blaming the loss on the defense at all. our offense is, for the umpteenth year in a row, very pedestrian and almost hard to watch sometimes. i'm just saying the d-line really needs sheldon

oh im not blaming the loss on the defense at all. our offense is, for the umpteenth year in a row, very pedestrian and almost hard to watch sometimes. i'm just saying the d-line really needs sheldon

No doubt that we are better with Sheldon.  I do not know if he could have been a catalyst today -- maybe yes, maybe no. After settling down and having a few quiet moments with a very nice Scotch a few minutes ago, I have decided to write the loss off to everyone just playing slow today.  The offense, the defense and the coaches were more like Jerry's Kids than SB contenders.  First two weeks, we played fast -- flying around the field and making quick adjustments in the coaching box.  None of that today.  A lot of what happened today falls on in-game coaching. A good corner man knows how to pull his fighter together when the going gets tough.  I cut Bowles some slack since he is a rookie.

I honestly don't think its a lack of talent on the defensive line due to Richardson missing though I do agree he is the most talented player on our line. I think they are having a bit of trouble getting used to the new defensive scheme.

When it's all said and done, I think Leo is the most talented player of the bunch. 

defense didn't give a point in the 2nd half

its all on the offense , defense give them many chances to win

They should have given up a TD on the wheel route that Spowl's dropped running down the sideline.  It seemed like Philly played a lot more passive with the big lead.  Teams play different depending on the score.  So there is no guarantee that things happen the same if the Jets eliminate their mistakes.  Bottom line is Philly controlled the line on both sides.

The defense gave up 17 points and created a potentially game changing turnover. You're supposed to win this type of game in the NFL.

Totally agree.

In the 4th quarter, when it mattered, the shut the Eagles down.  Caused a fumble and then 3 and outs.  I think the Eagles first 5 drives gave them 3 points.  But when our offense only gets 1 first down, the D will eventually get tired.

TJ Barnes was a big part of the defensive rotation today.  Replace him with Sheldon and there's no doubt the Jets D is more effective today.

But let's be honest, the 2000 Ravens defense would have lost this game with the offense not showing up for the first 28 minutes, and even handing them the ball on occasions.  The difference in this game was a special teams TD.  The Jets D kept them in the game today so I can't really fault them.  They are still an elite unit.

Archived