It's time for a change

Smo0v3mik3

If "he" wins, sure. If he doesnt do well yet the Jets somehow squeeze out the win I think its fair to assume that the question could be up in the air. 

I dont know about that...if the Jets are 3-1 into the bye, there is no doubt (in my mind) he's getting to see the next 4 games (Washington, NE, Oakland, Jags) - 3 very winnable games, one utterly embarrassing blow out. 

6-2 is very possible with just a solid running game and defense based on the way the schedule is set up.  Though I hate this game this week. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know about that...if the Jets are 3-1 into the bye, there is no doubt (in my mind) he's getting to see the next 4 games (Washington, NE, Oakland, Jags) - 3 very winnable games, one utterly embarrassing blow out. 

6-2 is very possible with just a solid running game and defense based on the way the schedule is set up.  Though I hate this game this week. 

I cant argue that. 

Please when Geno was throwing to the likes of Mardy Gilyard, David Nelson, Stephen Hill , Jeff Reuland , Clyde Gates no one was giving him any slack .

Ok let's revisit if and when Geno starts. Hopefully he comes out and lights up. I don't care who the **** it is I just hope someone can preform at a high level at the QB position.

Ok let's revisit if and when Geno starts. Hopefully he comes out and lights up. I don't care who the **** it is I just hope someone can preform at a high level at the QB position.

I think 90% of us here feel the same way. I think most of the Fitz detractors would be fine if Fitz looked good and played lights out w/o limitations. On the flipside there are those here who have openly stated starting Geno would be their last straw and that just makes me scratch my head. Some of them would rather lose than seeing Geno do well.

I'll go on record as one of the staunchest Rex detractors and wanted him fired in the worst way , but when he was signed on for his last season I still supported my team 100%. I bitched and complained and pointed out all the flaws I viewed as harming this team , but I never once wavered in the support of he Jets. 

Fitz is what he is - a backup QB. He has proven that time and time again, but could be a good caretaker QB IF the Jets defense doesn't put him in a three TD hole. Then Fitzy becomes what he has always been - a backup QB in over his head. If the Jets go the whole season with Fitz at QB, I will not object because I don't like Geno Smith one little bit. But a whole season of Fitzy would probably end 8-8.

what's the reason to be 8 and 8????  if you knew Fitz would bring 8 and 8, you would take it?  I'd rather start Geno or Petty than be 8 and 8 guaranteed.  With that, you get zip for a draft pick.  mediocrity is no fun.  Balls out I'd rather try and lose than be mediocre.  No one remembers an 8 win team but a 3 win team gets a good pick and we can then move on. 

what's the reason to be 8 and 8????  if you knew Fitz would bring 8 and 8, you would take it?  I'd rather start Geno or Petty than be 8 and 8 guaranteed.  With that, you get zip for a draft pick.  mediocrity is no fun.  Balls out I'd rather try and lose than be mediocre.  No one remembers an 8 win team but a 3 win team gets a good pick and we can then move on. 

That's how fans think, but it's not how coaches and GMs think.

Watching Jets Extra Point.  Anyone else see this yet?  Gotta give 'em credit, Ray Lucas breaks down some bad film on pass plays.  Woulda figured they'd try to limit criticizing one of our biggest weak points this early in the season.  Guess Woody doesn't bankroll the show at all.  That's the type of stuff I'd expect to see posted here (hopefully) in a couple days in the film breakdown thread.

If you haven't seen it yet, spoiler alert...

It's pretty bad.

Archived