fitz apologists

You haven't been paying attention, its not 2009 anymore.  That was an eternity ago, people are more into instant gratification

Then again, there's a few QB gurus who think Geno should have been Brady in year one and preach that Petty needs 2-3 years because he came from a spread offense.  So who knows what their motivation is anymore. 

A QB should at least show flashes those first couple years.  And maybe not be a complete embarrassment.  That may be a lot to ask, I know.  I get that we're supposed to have minimal expectations for the most important position on the field and stuff.  (Please respond to this post without making excuses about Geno's receivers, RB's, o-line HC, OC, journalists or mean fans please.  We've heard enough.)

Edited by Jetsfan80
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one is enshrining Fitz into the Hall of Fame. The "apologists" as you call them, simply believe that Fitz is less awful than Geno. It's that simple. Not sure where the confusion is.

I just cant understand how anybody can look at Fitz and think he is anything more than I a jag-I told you before the season he was awful and has no arm- I was at the game today like almost every game

both coaches liked Geno better and thought he gave us the best shot-Bmarsh moved in with Geno as well. coaches should go back to their original plan before it is too late now that Geno is able to play

Posted Images

A QB should at least show flashes those first couple years.  And maybe not be a complete embarrassment.  That may be a lot to ask, I know.  (Please respond to this post without making excuses about Geno's receivers, RB's, o-line HC, OC, journalists or mean fans please.)

16/20 for 199 3 TDs/0INTs

20/25 for 358 3 TDs/0 Ints

flash-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

• Upvote 1

A QB should at least show flashes those first couple years.  And maybe not be a complete embarrassment.  That may be a lot to ask, I know.  I get that we're supposed to have minimal expectations for the most important position on the field and stuff.  (Please respond to this post without making excuses about Geno's receivers, RB's, o-line HC, OC, journalists or mean fans please.  We've heard enough.)

You mean like Phil Simms , Drew Brees , Eli Manning , Peyton in Indy year one , Aikman in Dallas year one. Sure every decent QB steps on the field from day one and lights it up. Geno was raw we all knew it , the Jets knew it, it was crazy he started when he did, but Rex coveted that snoopy trophy.

You mean like Phil Simms , Drew Brees , Eli Manning , Peyton in Indy year one , Aikman in Dallas year one. Sure every decent QB steps on the field from day one and lights it up. Geno was raw we all knew it , the Jets knew it, it was crazy he started when he did, but Rex coveted that snoopy trophy.

I blame Idzik, he wanted Geno to play and rex wanted sanchez.  he wanted Sanchez to light it up after Geno stunk against the Giants so there wouldn't be any discussion.  I don't think it was about the trophy.

• Upvote 1

a total bs post.  Geno hasn't shown flashes?  That would make you clueless.   

And don't talk excuses.  They're facts that anyone without an agenda would comprehend.  Best is you made every stupid excuse for Fitz trying to explain away his failures and now are making rules.  

• Upvote 1

And don't talk excuses.  They're facts that anyone without an agenda would comprehend.  Best is you made every stupid excuse for Fitz trying to explain away his failures and now are making rules.  

Fitz hasn't failed at the level Geno has.  No excuses needed.  We're 2-1 and I like our chances to improve to 3-1 against Miami.  Just enjoying the ride here.

• Thumb Down 1

Fitz hasn't failed at the level Geno has.  No excuses needed.  We're 2-1 and I like our chances to improve to 3-1 against Miami.  Just enjoying the ride here.

fitz just hasn't ever accomplished anything.  Has never had a 8 win season.  Ever.  

• Upvote 1

Coming off a 4-12 season, of course it is.  What were you expecting?  Super Bowl with Fitz/Geno?

8-8 and another draftpik in 20's will not help finding a QB. Need to find out if Geno can play. 1) he never should of played his rookie yr. Should have sat and learned. 2) if jets drafted rodgers, they would have played him , he would have suked and been cut by now.

• Upvote 1

8-8 and another draftpik in 20's will not help finding a QB. Need to find out if Geno can play. 1) he never should of played his rookie yr. Should have sat and learned. 2) if jets drafted rodgers, they would have played him , he would have suked and been cut by now.

Draft position is not something we need to be concerned about in Week 4.  I trust Macc to find us a franchise QB even in the middle of the 1st.  We also have Bryce Petty to develop, who is sitting and learning like he's supposed to be doing.  Geno is a lost cause, can't go back 2 years to let him sit and learn.  Sitting and learning now won't help him.  Either he can play or he can't.  We'll find out at some point this season I'm sure.  Given Fitz's injury history he'll very likely get his shot. 

Edited by Jetsfan80
  • Thumb Down 1

I would pull the plug on Fitzy yes, cannot beat good teams with Fitz. Might as well evaluate Geno to decide if he can play with real weapons and coaching. 

Where does it leave Bowles if he pulls the starter of a 2-1 team to start Geno, whose body of work needs no qualification, and Geno sh*ts the bed? 

Or, let me guess, Geno is too good a QB to sh*t the bed?  

• Thumb Down 1

you haven't watched Fitz throughout his career

You haven't watched Geno for 2 years.

Step into a pass rush? Foreign concept to him, which is astounding considering he's been a two year starting QB in the NFL. Instead all it takes is a single arm waved near his field of vision and he instinctively runs for daylight, wherever it might be (often straight back another 10 yds), and once he's lost his receivers, is not a Michael Vick and never will be. You're in love with a waste of a roster spot.

Edited by sackdance
  • Thumb Down 1

Where does it leave Bowles if he pulls the starter of a 2-1 team to start Geno, whose body of work needs no qualification, and Geno sh*ts the bed? 

Or, let me guess, Geno is too good a QB to sh*t the bed?  

This is the new logic.  Even though Fitz is bad, you just know Geno will also play badly.  Geno could play badly too.  Maybe.  Only fact is Fitz has played badly.  Geno made mistakes. The kind inexperienced players make.  Fitz has made those same mistakes and has physical limitations.  3 of 20 on passes 20 yards.  Fitz and his glorious history for some reason is meaningless.  Or what he's shown since the he preseason.  

Problem is too many people don't have a clue what and who the QB they wanted really is.  

• Upvote 2

The real problem is that Geno has the brain power of a turnip. There is no reasonable expectation of material improvement. Can anything happen? Yes, but that is a poor way to run a football team, praying for the ridiculously improbable.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

You haven't watched Geno for 2 years.

Step into a pass rush? Foreign concept to him, which is astounding considering he's been a two year starting QB in the NFL. Instead all it takes is a single arm waved near his field of vision and he instinctively runs for daylight, wherever it might be (often straight back another 10 yds), and once he's lost his receivers, is not a Michael Vick and never will be. You're in love with a waste of a roster spot.

I am not pro Geno, I am not pretending Geno has been good.  criticizing Fitz doesn't mean I think geno is good but I would like to see Geno get a shot w/ this OC and these weapons.

• Upvote 1

The real problem is that Geno has the brain power of a turnip. There is no reasonable expectation of material improvement. Can anything happen? Yes, but that is a poor way to run a football team, praying for the ridiculously improbable.

you don't have a clue what Geno can or can't do.  

• Upvote 1

This is the new logic.  Even though Fitz is bad, you just know Geno will also play badly.  Geno could play badly too.  Maybe.  Only fact is Fitz has played badly.  Geno made mistakes. The kind inexperienced players make.  Fitz has made those same mistakes and has physical limitations.  3 of 20 on passes 20 yards.  Fitz and his glorious history for some reason is meaningless.  Or what he's shown since the he preseason.  

Problem is too many people don't have a clue what and who the QB they wanted really is.  

Not new logic, it's plain reality.

My opinion is that Fitz for this team is better than Geno for short/med-term. Long term? Dunno. But I don't want to find out while we have a shot of normalcy at QB.

But that's my opinion. 

Now deal with reality - how different is the conversation we're having when the Jets are 0-3 vs. 2-1?  

Do you really think Bowles would consider a QB change before the Dolphins game - and risk his very job for some no-account QB someone else drafted? You guys have the mental acuity of crack addicts. 

Edited by sackdance
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Only fact is Fitz has played badly.  Geno made mistakes. The kind inexperienced players make.  Fitz has made those same mistakes and has physical limitations.  3 of 20 on passes 20 yards.  Fitz and his glorious history for some reason is meaningless.  Or what he's shown since the he preseason.  

Memo to Jet Nut: Fitz is 2-1 and thrown more TDs than INTs and doesn't take coverage sacks or weave disaster from improvisation. And that is exactly what we were hoping to get from him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Not new logic, it's plain reality.

My opinion is that Fitz for this team is better than Geno for short/med-term. Long term? Dunno. But I don't want to find out while we have a shot of normalcy at QB.

But that's my opinion. 

Now deal with reality - how different is the conversation we're having when the Jets are 0-3 vs. 2-1?  

Do you really think Bowles would consider a QB change before the Dolphins game - and risk his very job for some no-account QB someone else drafted? You guys have the mental acuity of crack addicts. 

The reality is Fotz can't physically throw a ball anywhere near well enough to get the ball downfield, makes poor decisions and is inaccurate.

But hey, you wanted him so why change?  

Not a clue?  We have 2 years of evidence to go on.  The burden of proof is on Geno to prove he can play the position.

but you ignore 10 years of history for a 32 year old who's history says is not better than Geno 

Who you were completely wrong about.  

• Upvote 2

but you ignore 10 years of history for a 32 year old who's history says is not better than Geno 

Who you were completely wrong about.  

lol.  ALL evidence says Fitz is better.  Every available metric but wins and losses says Fitz has been better and will likely continue to be better (Geno is also 12-20, mind you).  Geno was the 38th ranked QB last year.  38th.  Fitz has at least been ranked 22nd every single season the last 6 years.  History most definitely says he's better.  I love how you jump on the guy for one bad 3-INT game.  Meanwhile, Geno once had a game where he threw 3 picks....IN A QUARTER.

And if we improve to 3-1, early signs will suggest the W-L record argument was dumb too.

Edited by Jetsfan80
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Memo to Jet Nut: Fitz is 2-1 and thrown more TDs than INTs and doesn't take coverage sacks or weave disaster from improvisation. And that is exactly what we were hoping to get from him. 

first time you've watched football?  This is pointless if this is your response.  Memo to you. We beat a shltty Browns team, lost to a shltty Eagles team and the defense won the Colts game.

You want to brag the has one less int than TDs?  Becaus 6-5 is so much better than 13-13?  He's on a pace for 27.  Is that what you were hoping for?  If Geno was doing this you'd be ok with it?  Real question is when you throw 5 yard passes how the hell do you throw 5 picks in only 3 games? How do you only complete 3 passes 20 yards or more in 3 games, miss on 17 and get fans to sing your praises? 

• Upvote 1

first time you've watched football?  This is pointless if this is your response.  Memo to you. We beat a shltty Browns team, lost to a shltty Eagles team and the defense won the Colts game.

You want to brag the has one less int than TDs?  Becaus 6-5 is so much better than 13-13?  He's on a pace for 27.  Is that what you were hoping for?  If Geno was doing this you'd be ok with it?  Real question is when you throw 5 yard passes how the hell do you throw 5 picks in only 3 games? How do you only complete 3 passes 20 yards or more in 3 games, miss on 17 and get fans to sing your praises? 

Why are you so angry all the time?

• Upvote 1

lol.  ALL evidence says Fitz is better.  Every available metric but wins and losses says Fitz has been better and will likely continue to be better (Geno is also 12-20, mind you).  Geno was the 38th ranked QB last year.  38th.  Fitz has at least been ranked 22nd every single season the last 6 years.  History most definitely says he's better.  I love how you jump on the guy for one bad 3-INT game.  Meanwhile, Geno once had a game where he threw 3 picks....IN A QUARTER.

And if we improve to 3-1, early signs will suggest the W-L record argument was dumb too.

how come fitz wasn't able to win the starting job if he's so much better?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2