fitz apologists

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

If by some miracle we sneak into the postseason we are one and done. 

Not for nothing, if you're giving me a choice between Pennington and Sanchez, I'll take Sanchez cause at least we could make playoff runs. That is a no brainer my friend. 

Fitzpatrick is better than Sanchez. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one is enshrining Fitz into the Hall of Fame. The "apologists" as you call them, simply believe that Fitz is less awful than Geno. It's that simple. Not sure where the confusion is.

I just cant understand how anybody can look at Fitz and think he is anything more than I a jag-I told you before the season he was awful and has no arm- I was at the game today like almost every game

both coaches liked Geno better and thought he gave us the best shot-Bmarsh moved in with Geno as well. coaches should go back to their original plan before it is too late now that Geno is able to play

Posted Images

Because this season was all about one thing. 

I said it in July and I'll say it now - I'd rather go 3-13 with Geno than 10-6 with Fitz. Long term, we'd be better off and you know it. 

No, we would not.  I'd prefer to have a contending team and trust that Macc will find us a QB in the offseason, or that Petty develops.

If you want to direct your anger anywhere, it should be at Rex Ryan, Mike Tannenbaum, and John Idzik.  They left us with a mess that Macc and Bowles are doing their best to clean up.  Over the last 3 years, our average "net points" was -103 per season.  We've been a terrible team for 3 years, yet in your eyes, we're a Super Bowl contender only being held back by the QB position.  That's simply not true.  We're still several pieces away from contending for division titles and championships.  So the fact that we're performing well this season is a pleasant surprise.  I see no reason to potentially ruin that by putting Geno in.  We've reached the point of no return.  We're going hard after the playoffs from here on out.  Tanking would be stupid.

But by all means, direct all your hate at Fitz and ruin your own enjoyment of the season.  I'd rather stay positive.  Life is easier that way.

Edited by Jetsfan80
  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

If by some miracle we sneak into the postseason we are one and done. 

Not for nothing, if you're giving me a choice between Pennington and Sanchez, I'll take Sanchez cause at least we could make playoff runs. That is a no brainer my friend. 

The Jets are 3-1 heading into the bye and have these QB's remaining on their schedule:  Cousins, Carr, Bortles, Mallet or Hoyer, Mariota, Weeden or Romo, Taylor x2 and Tannehill....and that Brady fag twice and Eli.   

You think the Jets need a miracle?  I think they just need to keep up the pace on D and keep the running game going.  Fitz be damned.  He's essentially a non-factor.  The AFC is absolutely terrible outside of the undefeated teams and the Broncos can be had...especially when winter roles around and Manning cant handle it.

• Upvote 3

SMFH why do some of you feel the need to make up sh*t about our QB situation in TC? It's not like Geno is coming in right now with the team at 3-1. Geno has plenty of real shortcomings, no need to make up some WTF! 

Up until his jaw was rearranged, Geno was the clear cut starter. He was taking 100% of the reps with the 1s. It was not even remotely close to a QB competition situation. There wasn't even any entertainment of seeing what Fitz could do with the 1s outside of a few reps with them to switch things up. It was Geno's job to lose and he lost it when IK snapped his jaw in 2. 

Geno is not seeing the field unless Fitz's limitations at QB directly impacts our ability to win games, why make up bullsh*t like "Fitz was going to start anyways"? 

I know right? Geno is not a good enough player to deserve all this made up nonsense from fitzy fans 

• Thumb Down 1

No.... sadly.... he's not. 

Fitz has passed for over 20K yards in his career.  More TD to INTS.  

Sanchez is a loser.  Not a starter.  Fitz always is the starter.  For the past 8 seasons, THATs 8 SEASONs, Fitz has been a starting QB.  No matter what team he's on.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Do you really think we have a snowball's chance in hell of winning it all with Fitz? 

Look, I'm sorry that you had to cancel your plane tickets to Santa Clara when IK went Rocky Balboa on Geno - but I want to ask you something - do you really think you know better than MacBowles?  

• Upvote 1

Fitz has passed for over 20K yards in his career.  More TD to INTS.  

Sanchez is a loser.  Not a starter.  Fitz always is the starter.  For the past 8 seasons, THATs 8 SEASONs, Fitz has been a starting QB.  No matter what team he's on.

Don't even bother.  Sanchez was decent at his absolute peak here and beyond horrific once he lost a supporting cast anyone saying he's better than Fitz is talking out of their ass.

• Upvote 1

Klecko, let's be real here.  I get why you hate mediocrity.  Because you're used to front offices that reward mediocrity with a $64M contract.  But this front office is different.  If they think that Petty is the real deal, or that another QB they acquire will do the job better, Fitzpatrick will be one and done here.  Just trust the process. 

Don't even bother.  Sanchez was decent at his absolute peak here and beyond horrific once he lost a supporting cast anyone saying he's better than Fitz is talking out of their ass.

For the record, I think they suck equally but at least Sanchez can throw the ball more than 10 yards without winding up and rainbowing it. 

Klecko, let's be real here.  I get why you hate mediocrity.  Because you're used to front offices that reward mediocrity with a $64M contract.  But this front office is different.  If they think that Petty is the real deal, or that another QB they acquire will do the job better, Fitzpatrick will be one and done here.  Just trust the process. 

Successful season is making playoffs where anything can happen. more than that is gravy. how anyone can say it's a waste to make playoffs if you don't win SB are just being petulant

Edited by jgb
  • Upvote 1

It just... it hurts my eyes to watch him float balls downfield. It gives me flashbacks to the dark times. 

For the record, I think they suck equally but at least Sanchez can throw the ball more than 10 yards without winding up and rainbowing it. 

Well FItz threw a ball over 60 yards in the air to bmarsh last game.  Pretty close to a perfect pass.

did u see what Fitz looked like with just Decker hurt ? Now imagine u take Marshall and decker away . His current pace of 24 ints would be a lot worst .. I think him and Sanchez is a lot a like . Except Sanchez has a better arm and has won more than 6 games in a season and has made and won in the playoffs .. 

Edited by Scoop24

Successful season is making playoffs where anything can happen. more than that is gravy. how anyone can say it's a waste to make playoffs if you don't win SB are just being petulant

I've said it before and I'll repeat it here.  Since the NFL installed their new "help the QB" rules, the worst record a team has had the year BEFORE they won a title was 8-8...the 2008 New Orleans Saints and 2006 New York Giants.  Every other team had a winning record.  In order to have a lot of success, you have to be a competitive football team leading up to your breakthrough. 

We are a franchise that has been bad for a while, and needed to right the ship.  So far so good.

• Upvote 1

Well FItz threw a ball over 60 yards in the air to bmarsh last game.  Pretty close to a perfect pass.

That was actually underthrown and had he been able to throw that ball like a proper NFL QB it would have been two feet in front of Marshall and it would have gone for six. 

It just... it hurts my eyes to watch him float balls downfield. It gives me flashbacks to the dark times. 

He's terrible and hard to watch but who cares.  The D is lights out, Ivory is a stud and the AFC is terrible. 

I was in the same boat as you; go 3-13 w/ Geno as opposed to 10-6 w/ Fitz but seeing how this season has panned out, I've changed my tune.  This team is good enough to beat any team in the AFC other than probably the Pats.  And I like that.

• Upvote 3

It's not your fault.  It's not your fault.

You guys with your justifications of Fitz remind me of Spinal Tap justifying the black album cover like its something they planned all along when all we're really left with is a dismal and depressing looking quarterback. 

You guys with your justifications of Fitz remind me of Spinal Tap justifying the black album cover like its something they planned all along when all we're really left with is a dismal and depressing looking quarterback. 

It's impossible to justify something that wasn't my choice.  If I had it my way we would have drafted Teddy Bridgewater last year (or Russell Wilson in 2012).  But it's not my call.  So i'm pulling for what I perceive to be our best option.  Because I know how bad things can get with Geno.  And this ain't that bad. 

We're not trading for Aaron Rodgers anytime soon; our next opportunity to find a real QB isn't coming for over 4 months.  So in the meantime I'll pull for us to win as many games as possible.

Edited by Jetsfan80
  • Upvote 1

Of all the legitimate reasons to rage Jets have given us over the years, it feels very manufactured during a 3-1 start. it's like you're looking for a reason to be unhappy.

• Upvote 2

No one knows what goes on behing closed doors and lots of talk is BS for media and not playing hand. It is what it is. You think one way, I think other and Fitz is starter and we all root for Jets . Try to enjoy it, LOL, it is no big deal. Geno will only start for Jets if Fitz hurt. IMO it will be Fitz 2015/part or all of 2016 then Petty. It's no big deal, be happy for Jets and for Geno when he gets a shot w/another team in 2016. If Geno ends up starting this year for Jets I will root my arse off for him. 100%.

Bottom line Bleed Green and be happy, we are 3-1.

The problem I have with it is that people here come here for information as well as conversation, and you matter of factly stating your fantasies as facts may confuse some of them. You're certainly free to believe what you want to believe -I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, he's awesome!- but when your beliefs have absolutely no facts whatsoever to back them up, you should not be presenting them here as even a plausible theory. 

Blaming Fitz's leg is BS. His leg was healthy enough to start a preseason game just days after Geno's jaw was broken. His leg was not stopping the Jets from giving him first team reps. 

Saying they were being PC by naming Geno the starter makes absolutely no sense at all. There's zero logic to it. The most PC thing any NFL head coach can say is, "the best players will play." Fans love hearing that there's competition at every position. Naming the controversial Geno Smith as the starter back in March was the least PC thing he could possibly do. 

Geno was named the starter early, got all but a token few of the first team reps, most media reports had him performing very well in that role, and there wasn't the slightest inkling that they were considering even allowing Fitz to compete for the job, let alone hand it to him. 

• Upvote 2

I am confused as to what message board you have been reading in that case.  Certainly Jet Nut has been advancing that position at every opportunity as have many/most of the hard core Geno crowd.

Out of curiosity, can you show me? Seriously, because I thought I saw, repeatedly (and I'm paraphrasing to keep this post under my usual 10 pages):

- The job was Geno's. It was handed to him by Bowles (and Gailey, but ultimately the decision is the HC's).

- There was no competition. The closest that any competition was alluded to was Bowles and Gailey each said the job is Geno's to lose.

- Earned or not, Geno was noticeably outplaying Fitzpatrick, who was showing no signs of being able to take the job away by/at the time Geno got KO'd. Each day, after many days of camp, we were supplied with a new camp report with the most common theme being Geno had no turnovers and Fitzpatrick had 1 or 2.

I have read no allegations of any so-called "stranglehold" on the starting job, nor suggestions that his starting job was as secure as Aaron Rodgers, or any other arguments-against that I'm now seeing. Just that the job was handed to Geno and there were no signs that Fitzpatrick would take it away. If anything, I remember the talk was around how many regular season games it would be before Geno screwed up badly enough for Bowles to mercifully pass the baton to Fitzpatrick. As a result of obvious events, that day never happened.

But if you can show me where such "stranglehold [on the starting job]" type claims were made, I'm actually curious. I do like to see where everyone's coming from, just like others do, to gauge my responses to those people (much like I'm responding to you now). Nothing bad about it; I take for granted one says something different to a staunch advocate of anyone compared to someone who feels the opposite, and all the levels in between those extremes.

He's terrible and hard to watch but who cares.  The D is lights out, Ivory is a stud and the AFC is terrible. 

I was in the same boat as you; go 3-13 w/ Geno as opposed to 10-6 w/ Fitz but seeing how this season has panned out, I've changed my tune.  This team is good enough to beat any team in the AFC other than probably the Pats.  And I like that.

I once again accept your apology.  You've come so far.  Maybe Klecko will see the light some day. 

• Upvote 2

I've said it before and I'll repeat it here.  Since the NFL installed their new "help the QB" rules, the worst record a team has had the year BEFORE they won a title was 8-8...the 2008 New Orleans Saints and 2006 New York Giants.  Every other team had a winning record.  In order to have a lot of success, you have to be a competitive football team leading up to your breakthrough. 

We are a franchise that has been bad for a while, and needed to right the ship.  So far so good.

Exactly why I am against tanking. Winning is a culture.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

The problem I have with it is that people here come here for information as well as conversation, and you matter of factly stating your fantasies as facts may confuse some of them.

Welcome to the internet. We're all big boys here. This is the weakest argument I've ever seen.

Disclaimer: My opinion! Don't be confused!

• Upvote 1

Is there an actual argument about this?  This is exactly what happened.  It's not up for debate.

Yes. It's being argued that Geno didn't have a stranglehold on the job. That his (starting) job security was, in fact, NOT as secure as with Aaron Rodgers.

Problem is no one (that I've seen) alleged that in the first place. So it's an argument against positions no one has taken. They have a name for that type of argument, but its name escapes me right now. ;)

Hell, even Bowles said things in his pressers/interviews like the job is Geno's to lose. As though Mike McCarthy would say the starting job is for Aaron Rodgers to lose, or Belichick saying the starting job is Brady's to lose, or Carroll saying the starting job is Wilson's to lose so Tavaris Jackson will have to take it from him by noticeably outplaying Wilson for that to change.

It's ridiculous. No one thought that then, and no one's claiming it now in hindsight. It's freaking Geno Smith. Everyone knows even if Geno made it to the opening day start he would still be on a short leash tryout of sorts where, if/when he f*cked up just as badly again, he'd get the hook before another season was in the crapper.

• Upvote 1