fitz apologists

kmnj

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really an accurate statement when we only have two different starters outside of qb and we lost by far our best Tight End.

decker was limited due to injury for a while last year and a rookie amaro wasn't much of anything, Devin smith is a better prospect than amaro was anyway. You seriously don't think Brandon Marshall is a difference maker?

That #6 defense thing was a mirage, as anyone who wanted to run Rex out of town last year (or earlier) will tell you. The offense was so anemic that opposing offenses didn't need to challenge the Jets' dee. They were stout against the run, but that didn't stop teams from running the football anyway because it was more important to them to run the clock than gain yards. And has been pointed out, they were historically bad in both of Geno's starting seasons when it came to creating turnovers. 

Fitz is enjoying a dramatically better defense than Geno ever had as well as a true #1 WR. It's popular to dismiss the importance of weapons on the offensive side of the ball here, but when Fitz was missing Decker and Ivory his performance was just bad. 

Wait Geno was great at creating turnovers.. Oh you mean the Jets getting turnovers..Never mind..:)

probably right but Geno 'what are Progression reads' Smith is just plain incapable.

The faces on our #6 2014 Defense showed that last year as they continually had to get up off bench after 1 minute rest after yet another 3 and out by 'the one and only'. No wonder the #6 D broke down near end of game last year so much, they were gassed, never got much rest.

Fitz no Unitas, but at least he does some basic QB101 stuff, like read progressions and step up into pocket w/pressure, not turn around towards his own endzone and put us out of FG range inumerable times, LOL

Do people even bother to try and substantiate the BS that they throw out there as factual??

Fact: with dramatically better weapons on offense, and playing against teams with below average defenses Fitz is no better at preventing three and outs than Geno.

So far this year, we are 23rd in 3 and out percentage at 23.53. So we suck. The Pats are at 5.88%

Last year, against a much tougher schedule and numerous good defenses, including Pats twice, we were at 26.34. We sucked.

However, you could make the argument because of the turnovers, defense we have and especially the upgrades at skill positions and OC, that Fitz is likely worse than Geno at this, especially when you consider the field position we got from those turnovers which put us in FG minimum position which would not count as a 3 and out since we scored.

Also, if you go back and watch Geno the second half of last year he consistently moved up into the pocket not away. Of course we should expect a spread 1st and 2nd year QB to consistently move up in the pocket right away, right? Not really as for mobile QBs since defenders are so much slower moving back allows them to avoid pressure, so it is a tendency they need to overcome, and Geno showed last year he had.

So in typical Geno bashing fashion, nothing here but more emotional declarations with no basis in fact.

Want a true fact comparing Fitz to Geno????

Since 2012, (so year before Geno was even in the league) Geno Smith has 7 game winning drives, and 5 in 2013 which led the NFL. This shows the ability to make plays under pressure. That is 15th of all QBs in the NFL. Also 1 more than Aaron Rodgers. 

Fitzpatrick: Well it would be 1 or zero.. The list I found lists a couple players at 1, and there may be more at just one(http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/5/7/8565677/most-game-winning-drives-since-2012)

But this is a fact that points out just how BAD Fitz is at making plays. Essentially if you get behind with Fitz, you lose. The ONLY way to win with Fitz is get ahead and try and protect the lead.

decker was limited due to injury for a while last year and a rookie amaro wasn't much of anything, Devin smith is a better prospect than amaro was anyway. You seriously don't think Brandon Marshall is a difference maker?

I do but to be accurate we really have only two different starters on offense outside of Qb.

Hi. My name is johnny green balls and i am a fitz apologist. I apologize on his behalf for the jets being 3-1 and that infuriating those who predicted he would crash and burn and now their egos cant allow them to just relax and enjoy it. 

HI JOHNNY GREEN BALLS. (Applause)

bowles is between a rock and a hard place, since jets are 3-1, he has no choice but to play Harvard, if jets lose back to back to pats and oak, geno will start the next game.

How is any coach sitting on a 3-1 record between a rock and a hard place?

How is any coach sitting on a 3-1 record between a rock and a hard place?

It's a good hard place to be on.  He knows he has a top D.  Very good running game and good WRs.  A decent QB in Fitz who obviously has limitations that limit the offense.  The hard place is deciding if/when to try the QB who doesn't have those limitations so the offense can possibly take the next step.  

Now at the bye would have been perfect.  But as a rookie HC in NY, it's a tough spot to be in.  If (and it's very possible) Geno blows for 2 games, Bowles will be ripped apart.  Instead if he just plays it safe, starting Fitz and limiting the offense, he won't be blamed much if we lose games.

Me, I feel it's well woth the gamble for a couple weeks.  No big deal to go back to Fitz week 8 if Geno sucks vs Wash and NE.  Again, that's what backups are for.  And we'll know Geno isn't the future at that point too.

It's a good hard place to be on.  He knows he has a top D.  Very good running game and good WRs.  A decent QB in Fitz who obviously has limitations that limit the offense.  The hard place is deciding if/when to try the QB who doesn't have those limitations so the offense can possibly take the next step.  

Now at the bye would have been perfect.  But as a rookie HC in NY, it's a tough spot to be in.  If (and it's very possible) Geno blows for 2 games, Bowles will be ripped apart.  Instead if he just plays it safe, starting Fitz and limiting the offense, he won't be blamed much if we lose games.

Me, I feel it's well woth the gamble for a couple weeks.  No big deal to go back to Fitz week 8 if Geno sucks vs Wash and NE.  Again, that's what backups are for.  And we'll know Geno isn't the future at that point too.

I hear ya, and if you're not convinced regarding Geno I guess that plan makes sense but I have seen enough over the 30 or whatever games he has started to have the opinion that Geno is too stupid to absorb an NFL playbook and read an NFL defense. He's already burned 2 chances. This isn't baseball don't want to suffer through him getting a third. I need no more evidence. Just my opinion.

If Aaron Rodgers played his rookie year he would have been run out of town, he needed 3 yrs. Geno should not have played his rook year, y'all can blame rex/iddy for that.

No one here knows if he can play with a real OC or decent weapons. Jets at some point need to evaluate him properly before cutting ties. If you cannot attack downfield, this team is real limited when playing the good teams, at some point Ivory's running style will put him on the sidelines with an injury. Putting 8 in the box tends to accelerate more big hits and ivory runs reckless like a Lynch.

That #6 defense thing was a mirage, as anyone who wanted to run Rex out of town last year (or earlier) will tell you. The offense was so anemic that opposing offenses didn't need to challenge the Jets' dee. They were stout against the run, but that didn't stop teams from running the football anyway because it was more important to them to run the clock than gain yards. And has been pointed out, they were historically bad in both of Geno's starting seasons when it came to creating turnovers. 

Fitz is enjoying a dramatically better defense than Geno ever had as well as a true #1 WR. It's popular to dismiss the importance of weapons on the offensive side of the ball here, but when Fitz was missing Decker and Ivory his performance was just bad. 

mirage that fits your argument LOL.. give it a rest, 3-1, be happy Slats, you are a decent chap most times :)

Do people even bother to try and substantiate the BS that they throw out there as factual??

Fact: with dramatically better weapons on offense, and playing against teams with below average defenses Fitz is no better at preventing three and outs than Geno.

So far this year, we are 23rd in 3 and out percentage at 23.53. So we suck. The Pats are at 5.88%

Last year, against a much tougher schedule and numerous good defenses, including Pats twice, we were at 26.34. We sucked.

However, you could make the argument because of the turnovers, defense we have and especially the upgrades at skill positions and OC, that Fitz is likely worse than Geno at this, especially when you consider the field position we got from those turnovers which put us in FG minimum position which would not count as a 3 and out since we scored.

Also, if you go back and watch Geno the second half of last year he consistently moved up into the pocket not away. Of course we should expect a spread 1st and 2nd year QB to consistently move up in the pocket right away, right? Not really as for mobile QBs since defenders are so much slower moving back allows them to avoid pressure, so it is a tendency they need to overcome, and Geno showed last year he had.

So in typical Geno bashing fashion, nothing here but more emotional declarations with no basis in fact.

Since 2012, (so year before Geno was even in the league) Geno Smith has 7 game winning drives, and 5 in 2013 which led the NFL. This shows the ability to make plays under pressure. That is 15th of all QBs in the NFL. Also 1 more than Aaron Rodgers. 

Fitzpatrick: Well it would be 1 or zero.. The list I found lists a couple players at 1, and there may be more at just one(http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/5/7/8565677/most-game-winning-drives-since-2012)

But this is a fact that points out just how BAD Fitz is at making plays. Essentially if you get behind with Fitz, you lose. The ONLY way to win with Fitz is get ahead and try and protect the lead.

Fitz stopgap till Petty ready. I think staff has given up on Geno and he will play only if Fitz hurt this year or Jets go on long losing streak.

But if Geno comes in, I will 100% be rooting for him.  A Jet is a Jet.

Nope...i just know this team is real limited with Harvard at helm, really should trade for Glennon as VTF has been advocating.

What would you be willing to give up to get him?  I'd say a 3rd rounder or more is too much.  Doubt the Bucs would give him up for less than a 2nd either.

This offense will grow as a team they are all learning a new offense they are not going to grow just because of Fitz or any other QB they will grow as a unit and I think they will be a very formidable ball control offense in the second half of the season. It will be because what ALL of them do not just the QB.

Fitz stopgap till Petty ready. I think staff has given up on Geno and he will play only if Fitz hurt this year or Jets go on long losing streak.

But if Geno comes in, I will 100% be rooting for him.  A Jet is a Jet.

whats with the caveman talk ? this ain't NYPD Blue :P

Nice job of cherry picking stats that support your argument that we should stop doing what got us to 3-1.

Watching the games you see that the offense is much more professional, but let's not believe our lying eyes, or the results.

More than half of the three and outs this year came in the first half of the Eagles game. They had the perfect plan to ruin our plan without Ivory, Decker, and Owusu.

These things happen. So far only one turnover from Fitz has been less than 20 yards downfield and it was tipped at the line. With Geno, the king of fumbles, and the pick six, no lead is ever safe.

Half of Fitz' pics have been to Smith. Maybe they're not on the same page because he's a rookie that missed preseason. One was tipped at the line, and one went through Marshalls hands. Let's not talk about those, but let's mention the ones that "should" have been picked.

It's a lot easier to have game winning drives when you have a good defense, which Fitz has never. Also half of those game winning drives were the direct result of Geno giving up the lead with his bone headed mistakes. If Fitz can maintain the lead he doesn't need to come from behind. 

Let's wait until we see at least a small bit of dissention before we go off the rails here.  

Good to know your standard of posting has maintained its shocking standard through the years.

Only speaking the truth mon, this team is real limited when playing big boys, harvard yard is simply not good enough. Glennon would flourish in NY as well and Sheldon is a turd.

Only speaking the truth mon, this team is real limited when playing big boys, harvard yard is simply not good enough. Glennon would flourish in NY as well and Sheldon is a turd.

team is limited with fitz or geno. the perfect qb is not on roster. you have to play with what you've got. fitz is our best option.

haven't u been following?  We're the worst 3-1 team ever because of Fitz plus the laws of physics prevent Fitz from winning more than 6 games in a season

Ya because we haven't seen Geno in the ideal situation for all we know he is Bart Starr reborn. You can only evaluate players in perfect situations, otherwise you must continue to start them for years until said perfect situation is achieved and 100% of fans will finally admit the guy stinks.

Nice job of cherry picking stats that support your argument that we should stop doing what got us to 3-1.

Watching the games you see that the offense is much more professional, but let's not believe our lying eyes, or the results.

More than half of the three and outs this year came in the first half of the Eagles game. They had the perfect plan to ruin our plan without Ivory, Decker, and Owusu.

These things happen. So far only one turnover from Fitz has been less than 20 yards downfield and it was tipped at the line. With Geno, the king of fumbles, and the pick six, no lead is ever safe.

Half of Fitz' pics have been to Smith. Maybe they're not on the same page because he's a rookie that missed preseason. One was tipped at the line, and one went through Marshalls hands. Let's not talk about those, but let's mention the ones that "should" have been picked.

It's a lot easier to have game winning drives when you have a good defense, which Fitz has never. Also half of those game winning drives were the direct result of Geno giving up the lead with his bone headed mistakes. If Fitz can maintain the lead he doesn't need to come from behind. 

Let's wait until we see at least a small bit of dissention before we go off the rails here.  

So your argument is that Fitz turnovers are better than Geno's and Fitz has never come back in a game because he has never had a defense? Neither of those arguments make sense on any level. 

So your argument is that Fitz turnovers are better than Geno's and Fitz has never come back in a game because he has never had a defense? Neither of those arguments make sense on any level. 

Please explain "dramatically" better weapons

I will give you Marshall.  Devin Smith missed preseason with injury and is basically unknown at this point.

Everyone else is the same.

Drama as in queen?

Please explain "dramatically" better weapons

I will give you Marshall.  Devin Smith missed preseason with injury and is basically unknown at this point.

Everyone else is the same.

Drama as in queen?

Fitz has played with a true #1 and a healthy Decjer in every game except one which Decker left early. He has also had Owusu, Smith, Enunwa and Kerley to round out the receiving corps.

Geno had a dinged up Decker as #1, Kerley and a complete bunch of JAGS at WR, until the last 4 or 5 games when Decker was healthy we brought in Owusu and Harvin.

Marshall being the #1 not only allows Decker to go against the #2 or #3 QB, he also pretty much never faces a double team. Last year Decker was by default doubled because we had nothing. That is dramatically better weapons. 

When Geno played with the healthy Decker and better compliments with Owusu and Harvin, he played at a much higher level than Fitz is now but everyone wants to completely dismiss that.

Archived