fitz apologists

kmnj

Fitz has played with a true #1 and a healthy Decjer in every game except one which Decker left early. He has also had Owusu, Smith, Enunwa and Kerley to round out the receiving corps.

Geno had a dinged up Decker as #1, Kerley and a complete bunch of JAGS at WR, until the last 4 or 5 games when Decker was healthy we brought in Owusu and Harvin.

Marshall being the #1 not only allows Decker to go against the #2 or #3 QB, he also pretty much never faces a double team. Last year Decker was by default doubled because we had nothing. That is dramatically better weapons. 

When Geno played with the healthy Decker and better compliments with Owusu and Harvin, he played at a much higher level than Fitz is now but everyone wants to completely dismiss that.

Decker started 15 of 16 games for last year.  Owusu and Enunwa were both with the team last year as well.  So not "weapons" who were picked up this offseason.

Percy Harvin, a former Superbowl MVP left the team so that is the loss of a major weapon right there.

We got Marshall and we lost Harvin.

Everyone else was on the team last year.

Again, how is this "dramatically" better weapons?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So your argument is that Fitz turnovers are better than Geno's and Fitz has never come back in a game because he has never had a defense? Neither of those arguments make sense on any level. 

Maybe you need to watch more football. Can't come back in a game if the defense doesn't get the ball back.

Umm yeah some turnovers are better than others. If that doesn't make sense to you then there's no point in trying to explain.

Fitz is not a bad QB. No way we would be a 3-1 team regardless of circumstances if he was as bad as some of you say.  Jets fans should know how many ways a QB can lose a game for us.  Fitz is just fine, is he elite, HEEEEEELLLLLL NOOOOOO, but he is servicable and gives us a chance to win. I'll take it this year while Petty sits.

• 2 months later...

And who led the league in interceptions while running Chan's system. 

Fitzpatrick sucks and we are actually in our worst case scenario. We ain't winning anything with Fitz. His arm is gonna eventually cost us a game or two but his game management "skills" are gonna keep us in enough games to screw us in next year's draft. 

We're never gonna see if Smith can be something and we won't have a good enough draft pick to find a franchise guy to hang out hats on and we're gonna head into next year with the same three guys in the QB room. 

******* shoot me. 

You been awful scare buddy. it's almost as if you don't want to face the music. XO.

Oh I get it. Your trump card is to compare apples to snausages. The Colts situation and the Jets aren't close to being the same. 

You're really bad at debate. 

Being correct is usually a pretty good debate tactic. You lose.

Feud? Maybe in your mind. But sincerely, please don't flatter yourself. 

I disagree with you. I don't dislike you. I simply have a different opinion. In fact, I quite like your old man. He's a good dude.

If you take that disagreement personally, that's on you. 

Your father was trying to disprove another posters argument that the Jets defense was no good by cherry picking a stat. Your characterization is inaccurate. 

So you disagree with what actually happened. Congrats.

For the record, I think they suck equally but at least Sanchez can throw the ball more than 10 yards without winding up and rainbowing it. 

Imagine if he was good. He would really break the Jets passing TD record even more!

I disagree, I don't think he's any better than Geno. In fact, I think his glaring physical limitations make him a far greater liability. 

Its the end of the world because we know for a FACT that Fitz is not the guy and won't be the guy. 

If there is even just one-tenth of one percent of a chance that Geno might be the guy, Geno should be in there. 

Nice call

Have you ******* watched him? His arm strength is worse than Pennington's post surgery. He goes through stretches where he can't complete a pass to save his life and he's gonna get Eric Decker killed when he floats one on a crossing route eventually. 

I'd rather see what a guy with a live arm can do with the receivers we have. 

Fitz is the reason the Dolphins were able to hang around as long as they did Sunday. If we just had a normal bad QB we would have scored 40+ on those jokers.

another Whammy by anchor boy

Fitz is not a bad QB. No way we would be a 3-1 team regardless of circumstances if he was as bad as some of you say.  Jets fans should know how many ways a QB can lose a game for us.  Fitz is just fine, is he elite, HEEEEEELLLLLL NOOOOOO, but he is servicable and gives us a chance to win. I'll take it this year while Petty sits.

You been awful scare buddy. it's almost as if you don't want to face the music. XO.

Being correct is usually a pretty good debate tactic. You lose.

So you disagree with what actually happened. Congrats.

Imagine if he was good. He would really break the Jets passing TD record even more!

Nice call

another Whammy by anchor boy

Yup, it's been horrible to watch. 

Stalk much?

You're ******* creepy, dude.

For the record: I am thrilled I was wrong. 

Holly hell Jet fans are brutal.  We have a shot at the playoffs and we are necro-ing threads to rub people gave in stuff they said months ago!  Knock it off.  We are all Jet fans.  We all make predictions that do and don't work out. Just stop with the told you so crap.  We all come here to escape real life crap.  Let's not show up here just to crap on one another.  Enjoy the ride.  It will end soon enough.    

Holly hell Jet fans are brutal.  We have a shot at the playoffs and we are necro-ing threads to rub people gave in stuff they said months ago!  Knock it off.  We are all Jet fans.  We all make predictions that do and don't work out. Just stop with the told you so crap.  We all come here to escape real life crap.  Let's not show up here just to crap on one another.  Enjoy the ride.  It will end soon enough.   

100 per cent right what is wrong with people jeesh root for your team that has a chance to make the playoffs

its called checks and balances. you can;t go off making claims when there is no way to prove them and when there finally is proof to prove you wrong, go unscathed. you read the threads. let them take their lumps just like everyone else, regardless if it was 2 months ago. if it took that long to prove them wrong, so be it. it will subside, eventually

its called checks and balances. you can;t go off making claims when there is no way to prove them and when there finally is proof to prove you wrong, go unscathed. you read the threads. let them take their lumps just like everyone else, regardless if it was 2 months ago. if it took that long to prove them wrong, so be it. it will subside, eventually

I agree with this 100%.  It's all in the message.  State an opinion in a logical fashion and then proven wrong down the road?  fine.  Everyone is wrong one time or another.

Create an over blown huge rant on a subject, get proven wrong?  Eat your words in the most humiliating way possible.  In any case not all but at least half of all anti Fitz threads are Geno hero threads in which the only way to promote their guy is to slap down the competitor.

I agree with this 100%.  It's all in the message.  State an opinion in a logical fashion and then proven wrong down the road?  fine.  Everyone is wrong one time or another.

Create an over blown huge rant on a subject, get proven wrong?  Eat your words in the most humiliating way possible.  In any case not all but at least half of all anti Fitz threads are Geno hero threads in which the only way to promote their guy is to slap down the competitor.

Bingo. We have a bingo here.

Difference between calling out someone on their opinion and doing it to the point were the board is unreadable. We have people apologizing every fourth post and even entire threads dedicated to apologizing for overstating their guess how the season will turn out.  Ok fine they are wrong.  Move one already.

Difference between calling out someone on their opinion and doing it to the point were the board is unreadable. We have people apologizing every fourth post and even entire threads dedicated to apologizing for overstating their guess how the season will turn out.  Ok fine they are wrong.  Move one already.

I apologize for NOTHING. 

I thought Fitz was gonna suck. I made my opinion known. The Jets are winning and Fitz is playing well and I am happy. 

All the whiners can suck my ass. 

i saw 3 posters called out. one poster ate his crow and that issue is dead. 2nd poster decided to make a game out of it and thats why that thread is still going on. the 3rd has been going on only a few hours and is about to subside. all 3 posters called out, i think they are all good guys, but if your wrong, like they were, they can and will take it. there is a difference between declaring that you are wrong and lets move on and declaring that you are wrong but not really.

Bingo. We have a bingo here.

Exactly. We are all Jets fans. Debate in a civil manner without calling people who disagree idiots or whatever and there won't need to be victory laps later.

Exactly. We are all Jets fans. Debate in a civil manner without calling people who disagree idiots or whatever and there won't need to be victory laps later.

Exactly...unless you're coaching a big-time college or pro program, you don't need to be on a message board calling fellow fans idiots who don't know football, especially when their opinion is clearly 100% in line with the current head coach.

I apologize for NOTHING. 

I thought Fitz was gonna suck. I made my opinion known. The Jets are winning and Fitz is playing well and I am happy. 

All the whiners can suck my ass. 

Its cool. We learn more from our mistakes than victories. You've been in as Master Class this season it appears :)

I liked Stephen Hill, LOL.. win some, lose some :)

Some folks were big Sanchez guys and Schotty guys,,it happens, no big deal

Its cool. We learn more from our mistakes than victories. You've been in as Master Class this season it appears :)

I liked Stephen Hill, LOL.. win some, lose some :)

Some folks were big Sanchez guys and Schotty guys,,it happens, no big deal

we had about 4 fans last night at the Charlottejetsfans.com. Club.  From Raleigh , they told me they go to the Raleigh club a lot.  

Archived