fitz apologists

kmnj

On 9/28/2015 at 1:55 AM, kmnj said:

I just cant understand how anybody can look at Fitz and think he is anything more than I a jag-I told you before the season he was awful and has no arm- I was at the game today like almost every game the past 35 years and he proved without a doubt he is not a NFL starter if you want to go anywhere-make no mistake Gailey knew this and knows him best that is why Geno was given the job early in camp. All of his previous teams that cut him knew this and now he is just older. Those dink and dunks for no yards were terrible. The missing of an open wr for a sure td that would have won the game(punted instead run back for a td) The turnovers terrible. 

Bmarsh loves geno and will bring the best out of Geno-when the jets got harvin last year and decker was healthy Geno looked decent which is way way better than fitz-I would rather go down fighting and trying to use our weapons then playing ultra conservative with a guy that cant throw a ball over 25 yards

The "fitz guys" also loved our last gm and were glad to see revis and cro leave....

We will not  see the playoffs with Fitz-go to Geno-if he fails start the Petty era go from there

kmnj called it. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SAR I said:

"We can easily be the surprise team in the NFL this year, we should win 12 games with Ryan Fitzpatrick"

joewilly didn't.

SAR I

I had hope basically thats all any Jets fan has similar to you hoping you are able to sell off any game tickets that you aren't going to use. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I had hope basically thats all any Jets fan has similar to you hoping you are able to sell off any game tickets that you aren't going to use. 

You can't go around telling everyone that you're the smart one and we were all stupid for believing in Ryan Fitzpatrick when back in August you picked Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Jets to win 12 games and be the surprise team in the NFL this year.

You understand the problem, yes?

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

You can't go around telling everyone that you're the smart one and we were all stupid for believing in Ryan Fitzpatrick when back in August you picked Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Jets to win 12 games and be the surprise team in the NFL this year.

You understand the problem, yes?

SAR I

I picked the Jets to possibly win 12 games and be the sleeper TEAM I never singled out Ryan Fitzpatrick or ever mentioned this was his TEAM. 

No problem false hope like you paying for season tickets and picking and choosing games to attend based on their record, the weather,game time. 

43 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I picked the Jets to possibly win 12 games and be the sleeper TEAM I never singled out Ryan Fitzpatrick or ever mentioned this was his TEAM. 

No problem false hope like you paying for season tickets and picking and choosing games to attend based on their record, the weather,game time.

Yeah, you predicted the Jets to have the best record in their history without considering who the quarterback might be.  I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Your analogy makes sense right up until where we get to the part that I don't blame the Jets or others for making my season tickets a waste this year.  You do.  Not for tickets, but for our record.  You brought this on yourself.  You didn't pay attention to Fitzpatrick's past, you believed what the media fed you about this being some playoff team.  So talk yourself off the ledge.  Don't make others feel like they did this to you.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, you predicted the Jets to have the best record in their history without considering who the quarterback might be.  I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Your analogy makes sense right up until where we get to the part that I don't blame the Jets or others for making my season tickets a waste this year.  You do.  Not for tickets, but for our record.  You brought this on yourself.  You didn't pay attention to Fitzpatrick's past, you believed what the media fed you about this being some playoff team.  So talk yourself off the ledge.  Don't make others feel like they did this to you.

SAR I

Forget the bridge worry about selling the "investment gold" tickets that you cant  use  or don't want to use.. 

When the going gets tough the tough get going. I can honestly say 1-15 I was there every game until the end. 

Not on any ledge here been a fan my entire life BEEN THERE DONE THAT expect nothing positive from the Jets and never be disappointed you should try it sometimes. 

joewilly12

hey, i predicted 12-4 and frankly i'm okay with it.  that record was within reach but there were too many ifs associated with it.  i expected the defense to be better than last season and at least the offense to be about the same. i also expected the special teams to be better. obviously i was wrong on all three counts.  but one thing i wasn't wrong on was that the schedule was too hard or a real beast or that they couldn't hope to go into the bye week with a winning record.  in spite of it all they came within a missed fg and a kick off return for a td for a 5-5 record and that wouldn't have been half bad.  that's why it's so funny to see people blaming this guy or that guy.  this was a team effort to do so poorly.  top to bottom.

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

who are we gonna kick around when fitz is gone, petty ?

poor kid

As long as he never plays well and asks to be among the worst paid vet QB's in the NFL, he'll be just fine.

1 minute ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Another thread joewillied to death today

Pathetic

You are pathetic you flip flop back and forth daily here on this forum. You have no clue about anything. Do me a favor don't mention my name again don't like my posts put me on ignore. 

4 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Do everyone a favor and put yourself on ignore instead of hijacking and ruining 20 threads a day with your broken record of hatred for the Jets

Dont ever PM me again you are a flip flopper with a warped mind please stay away forget we co exist here. Thanks 

I was wrong to call you a racist and IMO you were wrong to use that image and then say it looked like Coach Bowles. 

Want to try a truce and "give peace a chance"?

Lets go Jets

I hereby formally apologize for doubting your wisdom.

You were 100% right. I was 100% wrong

#FireToddBowles

and Drain the Swamp of all the bums who have so obviously quit on this team

Dont ever PM me again you are a flip flopper with a warped mind please stay away forget we co exist here. Thanks 

Replied:  · Report

I was wrong to call you a racist and IMO you were wrong to use that image and then say it looked like Coach Bowles. 
Want to try a truce and "give peace a chance"?
Lets go Jets

I hereby formally apologize for doubting your wisdom.

You were 100% right. I was 100% wrong

#FireToddBowles

and Drain the Swamp of all the bums who have so obviously quit on this team

Wow

You really are a pathetic loser

11 hours ago, rangerous said:

is everyone sure fitz is worse than geno?  there's really no telling based on these last two seasons. the only thing you can say is geno has more physical talent.

He has no mental talent, that's the problem. 

Holds onto the ball too long, shreds ACL. Holds onto $600 too long, shreds jaw. Holds onto grudge too long, shreds  reputation.

SAR I

13 hours ago, rangerous said:

is everyone sure fitz is worse than geno?  there's really no telling based on these last two seasons. the only thing you can say is geno has more physical talent.

I dont think its about people being sure if Fitz is better than Geno or vice versa. It's more about people proclaiming that Fitz was better, as well as watching the Jets pay this man 12 million dollars to win just 2 games that he started this season. 

It's one of those subject that there's more defending of past statements than anything. Ryan Fitzpatrick wasnt a good enough QB to sit a QB under a rookie deal last season after returning from injury and Fitz wasnt a good enough QB to pay 12 million dollars to and then sit the same QB for a 2nd season while on the last year of his rookie contract. 

Its less about comparing the two because there is no comparison. Fitz entire career that spanned over a decade and with 6 different teams confirmed what he was. Geno being bad is based that he was still on a rookie contract. People love to talk about Geno's 34 INT's in his first 30 games as a pro, but those same people NEVER talk about Fitz 29 INT's in his last 27 games while with the Jets. The difference is that Geno's stats was while being new to the league while Fitz stats was while being in his 11th and 12th year as a pro. 

So again, its about the Jets replacing Geno with a guy who wasnt worth replacing him with. It's also about Fans making fallacious arguments when it was convenient, then trying to point the finger at Geno when it was the QB they were saying was "so better" putting together arguably the worst year of any Jets QB in history. 

The saddest thing is that in Geno's 1st two seasons he won 12 games. In Fitz last 2 seasons as a Jet....he won 12 games. The difference? Geno was a rookie and had nothing around him while Fitz was a veteran and had targets along with his personal offensive coordinator in Chan Gailey. Basically, Fitz had everything he needed in order to NOT end up winning the same amount of games as a rookie QB with no talent around him won...and to add to that, Fitz had the easiest schedule I've ever seen the Jets have in a season and he couldnt even convert that into a playoff birth because of 3 INT's in the 4th quarter of a week 17 game when he was 15 mins away from making the playoffs. 

To watch all of the comparisons and hate for Geno and then proceed to watch Fitz do what he did is pure comic relief. 

29 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont think its about people being sure if Fitz is better than Geno or vice versa. It's more about people proclaiming that Fitz was better, as well as watching the Jets pay this man 12 million dollars to win just 2 games that he started this season. 

It's one of those subject that there's more defending of past statements than anything. Ryan Fitzpatrick wasnt a good enough QB to sit a QB under a rookie deal last season after returning from injury and Fitz wasnt a good enough QB to pay 12 million dollars to and then sit the same QB for a 2nd season while on the last year of his rookie contract. 

Its less about comparing the two because there is no comparison. Fitz entire career that spanned over a decade and with 6 different teams confirmed what he was. Geno being bad is based that he was still on a rookie contract. People love to talk about Geno's 34 INT's in his first 30 games as a pro, but those same people NEVER talk about Fitz 29 INT's in his last 27 games while with the Jets. The difference is that Geno's stats was while being new to the league while Fitz stats was while being in his 11th and 12th year as a pro. 

So again, its about the Jets replacing Geno with a guy who wasnt worth replacing him with. It's also about Fans making fallacious arguments when it was convenient, then trying to point the finger at Geno when it was the QB they were saying was "so better" putting together arguably the worst year of any Jets QB in history. 

The saddest thing is that in Geno's 1st two seasons he won 12 games. In Fitz last 2 seasons as a Jet....he won 12 games. The difference? Geno was a rookie and had nothing around him while Fitz was a veteran and had targets along with his personal offensive coordinator in Chan Gailey. Basically, Fitz had everything he needed in order to NOT end up winning the same amount of games as a rookie QB with no talent around him won...and to add to that, Fitz had the easiest schedule I've ever seen the Jets have in a season and he couldnt even convert that into a playoff birth because of 3 INT's in the 4th quarter of a week 17 game when he was 15 mins away from making the playoffs. 

To watch all of the comparisons and hate for Geno and then proceed to watch Fitz do what he did is pure comic relief. 

End of the day, we start Geno, don't sign Fitz, and spend his salary elsewhere, we're still losers this year.

People can live in a fantasy world where we're better, or Geno stays healthy and suddenly transforms into something he has never been, but it's just that fantasy.

Fitz was a calculated risk, one that failed.

But the rest of the teams failings, Bowles, that putrid Defense, Decker's injury, the weak O-line, the many many WR and Special teams drops and failures, Forte being misused, etc......all of that still would have killed us.

Geno is done here.  Rightfully so.  Fitz is done here.  Rightfully so.

Neither "side" was terribly "right".  Almost every Fitz fan (myself included) know Fitz failed and accept it.

It's only the Geno fans who keep fantasizing about the Geno-Coulda-Woulda fantasy as if it actually happened.

The future is elsewhere at QB.  

40 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Good post, but a bit too much Myhero influence demonstrated.

Fitzpatrick was the obvious choice going into this season for a dozen reasons. The biggest one?  He is simply a better quarterback.  To this day, even with this horrible season, it's still true.  The best players play, Villain.  He wasn't better than Fitzpatrick despite 2 years to take the job away from the journeyman geezer.

All summer it was the "open competition we'll show you" argument, in the early Fall it was the "grassy knoll keeps Geno on the bench" theory, now it's the "ha ha we were right" agenda.  Enough.  Fitzpatrick is the same guy he's been for 11 years, this season and last he's performing the same but against non-cupcakes and without Decker as a bonafide #2.  Geno Smith is the same guy he's been for 4 years, he's not a leader, he has some physical skills but no brains, and he's infuriated the FO and the fanbase with his poor behavior.

These guys are both dead to us now.  Picking fights over their corpses accomplishes nothing.  Neither one was a good option. 

SAR I

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Almost every Fitz fan (myself included) know Fitz failed and accept it.

Wow, in the real world we call this "revisionist history" because Fitz fans were rabidly supporting him up until this last game. And if you mentioned his failings, they'd suggest that it's not all his fault. The "playing from behind" argument. The "he played well enough to win" argument. The "we have no options" argument. And, my personal favorite "he gives us the best chance to win" argument. None of these is accurate. And they all place the blame elsewhere when, in separate discussions, they moan about the lack of a "franchise qb".

YOU WERE WRONG. period. And you've been wrong the entire time. And now you're trying to make others wrong. WE WEREN'T WRONG. YOU WERE.

Holy hell this is exhausting. It never f'ng stops. There were very few if any true Fitz supporters or apologists, most just recognized he was the best option, because Geno is atrocious, Petty and Hack were not ready, and he had some level of success with the current group. Everyone who recognized that also saw him as nothing more than a one year stop gap. 

I love how the Geno lovers want to claim some sort of victory on this, because they hate Fitz for being the choice over Geno. The reality is Geno sucked, sucks, and will always suck. So this continuous argument is not only f'ng stupid, its boring as hell. Both guys are gone, thankfully.

Just now, phill1c said:

Wow, in the real world we call this "revisionist history" because Fitz fans were rabidly supporting him up until this last game. And if you mentioned his failings, they'd suggest that it's not all his fault. The "playing from behind" argument. The "he played well enough to win" argument. The "we have no options" argument. And, my personal favorite "he gives us the best chance to win" argument. None of these is accurate. And they all place the blame elsewhere when, in separate discussions, they moan about the lack of a "franchise qb".

YOU WERE WRONG. period. And you've been wrong the entire time. And now you're trying to make others wrong. WE WEREN'T WRONG. YOU WERE.

Yes, I was wrong.  I'm under no fantasy about that.

And as I said, the equally rabid Geno supporters have no argument to defend, nor right to be smug, about it:  Because they were just as wrong if not more so.

We had two options, neither worked out.  Time to move on.

55 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'm glad the Jets brought back Fitzpatrick because had we gone 1-6 with Geno to start the year, it'll be guaranteed we'd hear about how the Jets made a mistake not bringing Ryan back. We'd hear had we signed Ryan back we would've been 3-3 or 4-2. Now that his supporters got what they initially wanted, and now that they saw their guy stink up the joint, that's one less excuse right there. 

Now to address your post. I find it hilarious and ironic that every reason they used to justify their dislike for Geno was shown by Fitzpatrick this year. 

Geno hate excuse 1- I hate Geno because he's a distraction 

Fitzpatrick proceeds to have a long contract dispute in the offseason thus becoming a distraction.

Geno hate excuse 2- he's a bad locker room guy

Fitzpatrick proceeds to rip the entire organization after getting benched then says he doesn't care about the future in regards to Petty, even though that's one thing his supporters always said Fitzpatrick was good for. 

Geno hate excuse 3- Geno sux!!

Fitzpatrick proceeds to have one of the worst QB seasons in Jets history and they STILL find ways to minimize his bad play or excuse it.

agendas were getting exposed left and right this season. It wasn't anything else except for the fact that they disliked him. 

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

End of the day, we start Geno, don't sign Fitz, and spend his salary elsewhere, we're still losers this year.

People can live in a fantasy world where we're better, or Geno stays healthy and suddenly transforms into something he has never been, but it's just that fantasy.

Fitz was a calculated risk, one that failed.

But the rest of the teams failings, Bowles, that putrid Defense, Decker's injury, the weak O-line, the many many WR and Special teams drops and failures, Forte being misused, etc......all of that still would have killed us.

Geno is done here.  Rightfully so.  Fitz is done here.  Rightfully so.

Neither "side" was terribly "right".  Almost every Fitz fan (myself included) know Fitz failed and accept it.

It's only the Geno fans who keep fantasizing about the Geno-Coulda-Woulda fantasy as if it actually happened.

The future is elsewhere at QB.  

End of the day, the only fantasy is saying what would have happened when we dont know for sure. Same people talked about how Fitz would be better but he wasnt in reality. 

We dont know. What we do know is that, in hindsight, saving that 12 million or reallocating that money elsewhere along with keeping Geno the starter would have been the better option. 

I dont support the "I was wrong but let me not acknowledge that because either way this team would have stunk with Geno Smith", especially coming from people who figured that we wouldnt stink if we benched Geno for Fitz. 

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Good post, but a bit too much Myhero influence demonstrated.

Fitzpatrick was the obvious choice going into this season for a dozen reasons. The biggest one?  He is simply a better quarterback.  To this day, even with this horrible season, it's still true.  The best players play, Villain.  He wasn't better than Fitzpatrick despite 2 years to take the job away from the journeyman geezer.

All summer it was the "open competition we'll show you" argument, in the early Fall it was the "grassy knoll keeps Geno on the bench" theory, now it's the "ha ha we were right" agenda.  Enough.  Fitzpatrick is the same guy he's been for 11 years, this season and last he's performing the same but against non-cupcakes and without Decker as a bonafide #2.  Geno Smith is the same guy he's been for 4 years, he's not a leader, he has some physical skills but no brains, and he's infuriated the FO and the fanbase with his poor behavior.

These guys are both dead to us now.  Picking fights over their corpses accomplishes nothing.  Neither one was a good option. 

SAR I

Thanks. 

I cant say that the best players play. Fitzpatrick wasnt the best player because he got benched for Geno. Geno got hurt and Fitz was thrown back in only to be benched again for the 3rd stringer. Ryan Fitpatrick lost his job to a 3rd string QB getting pulled in the middle of a football game at that. How does that make him "the best player"? 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

End of the day, the only fantasy is saying what would have happened when we dont know for sure. 

What we do know is that, in hindsight, saving that 12 million or reallocating that money elsewhere along with keeping Geno the starter would have been the better option. 

As usual, you say one thing, then immediately contradict yourself.

No, we don't know what the "better option" would have been, because what happened happened.  

Anything else is projection and fantasy, and lets be clear, you're a leader in the fantasy movement here.  Be it Geno, or Glennon, all you have is fantasy.

I dont support the "I was wrong but let me not acknowledge that because either way this team would have stunk with Geno Smith", especially coming from people who figured that we wouldnt stink if we benched Geno for Fitz. 

Geno is a failure here, that is as much a fact as Fitz's failure.  Dear Lord, deal with it for a change.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, we don't know what the "better option" would have been, because what happened happened.  

Anything else is projection and fantasy, and lets be clear, you're a leader in the fantasy movement here.  Be it Geno, or Glennon, all you have is fantasy.

Geno is a failure here, that is as much a fact as Fitz's failure.  Dear Lord, deal with it for a change.

If this wasn't 100% fact, Fitz never would have had a chance to fail in the first place. This is why I crack up at all the idiots gloating about being right about Fitz, when all of them were on the Geno train. Geno failed every bit as much as Fitz, if not much more. Everyone needs to let this stupid BS go, they both suck, and they will be both someone elses problem next year.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Saying that you start a guy on the last year of his rookie contract given that you already have 3 total QB's under rookie deals and allowing that player to be evaluated by not paying Fitz that money but instead allocating that money to places of need isnt a contradiction, its you not seeing what im saying. 

At the end of the day Fitz won 2 games this season as a starter and on average won 6 games per season as a Jets QB. Im pretty secure with the things I've said in respect to this conversation. ;)

10 minutes ago, August said:

I'm glad the Jets brought back Fitzpatrick because had we gone 1-6 with Geno to start the year, it'll be guaranteed we'd hear about how the Jets made a mistake not bringing Ryan back. We'd hear had we signed Ryan back we would've been 3-3 or 4-2. Now that his supporters got what they initially wanted, and now that they saw their guy stink up the joint, that's one less excuse right there. 

Now to address your post. I find it hilarious and ironic that every reason they used to justify their dislike for Geno was shown by Fitzpatrick this year. 

Geno hate excuse 1- I hate Geno because he's a distraction 

Fitzpatrick proceeds to have a long contract dispute in the offseason thus becoming a distraction.

Geno hate excuse 2- he's a bad locker room guy

Fitzpatrick proceeds to rip the entire organization after getting benched then says he doesn't care about the future in regards to Petty, even though that's one thing his supporters always said Fitzpatrick was good for. 

Geno hate excuse 3- Geno sux!!

Fitzpatrick proceeds to have one of the worst QB seasons in Jets history and they STILL find ways to minimize his bad play or excuse it.

agendas were getting exposed left and right this season. It wasn't anything else except for the fact that they disliked him. 

You get it my friend! 

10 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

If this wasn't 100% fact, Fitz never would have had a chance to fail in the first place. This is why I crack up at all the idiots gloating about being right about Fitz, when all of them were on the Geno train. Geno failed every bit as much as Fitz, if not much more. Everyone needs to let this stupid BS go, they both suck, and they will be both someone elses problem next year.

Not resigning Fitz would've been $12M against the cap better, $5M of it against next year's cap on a team that obviously will need some fresh talent. Bringing Fitz back, especially at that number, was stupid. It was stupid then, and it's proven to be stupid now. 

Archived