fitz apologists

kmnj

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  Apparently there are still people who think Geno Smith is Russell Wilson and the Jets are idiots for letting a talent like that go to waste.  LOL.

SAR I

Instead Mike Maccganan was suckered into the Ryan Fitzpatrick web even though no other team in the NFL showed any interest him and we signed him for $12 million while we had 3 other QB's on the roster and a shot at few other journeyman at the time.  

Finding talent isn't one of the Jets best traits no matter who the GM is. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, slats said:

There's no scenario in which starting Geno would've been worse, beginning with the saved $12M.

If Geno won more games, then Geno won more games. Horray!

If Geno won the same number of games, no harm, no foul. 

If Geno lost more games, or sucked worse, they would've been quicker to pull him than Fitzpatrick, and had a better look at Petty and/or Hackenberg on their way to a higher pick, 

Bowles is unlikely to be fired this year, and his leash would be equally as long next year regardless of who his QB was this year. So nothing was gained on that front. 

Post of the week. 100% true. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick masqueraded as an NFL QB for 12 years with 6 teams he's not a good QB he's not a good leader the Jets will be his last stop on the tour. 

You say that as if it hurts me somehow.  Let me remind you, I don't want Ryan Fitzpatrick on the team.  I understand why he was chosen ahead of Bryce, Christian, and of course Geno, but I didn't want him here.  I look at him and I see a Buffalo Bill who saved our bacon as a backup last year, nothing more.

Since it's Friday and all, try answering a criticism of Geno Smith without the phrase "but Ryan Fitzpatrick...."

SAR I

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Are you a Fitz supporter or a Geno supporter, joewilly12 ?

He's a waffling Genopatrick supporter.

When it's August and he has us going 12-4 as the surprise team in the NFL, Ryan's his boy.

When it's December and we are going 4-12 as the biggest disappointment in the NFL, Geno's the man.

teflonwilly12 needs to own his August decisions in December.  That's the honorable thing to do.  Otherwise, he's a sellout.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

You say that as if it hurts me somehow.  Let me remind you, I don't want Ryan Fitzpatrick on the team.  I understand why he was chosen ahead of Bryce, Christian, and of course Geno, but I didn't want him here.  I look at him and I see a Buffalo Bill who saved our bacon as a backup last year, nothing more.

Since it's Friday and all, try answering a criticism of Geno Smith without the phrase "but Ryan Fitzpatrick...."

SAR I

Understood but you were pacified by him you showed support for this bum you were fooled just like Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles were. 

Lets move on from Ryan Fitzpatrick once and for all. 

joewilly12 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Perfect example of what I've been talking about, a poster who clearly does not live in the real world, one who thinks everyone who didn't favor Geno is a hateful racist, and thinks Geno is a good QB whose issues are the fault of everyone else.  

I'll wager this poster thinks the best thing the Jets could do ow is resign Geno to a big long-term deal, and name him the starter for 2017 too.

Pure distilled ignorance and fantasy.  Best of luck peddling this line of fecal matter on ClevelandFans.com next year, and lecturing them on how racist they are for not getting behind Geno and that they (the Cleveland fans) are why Geno got hurt/sucked.

murderersrow_zps8hz8vgne.jpg

Well said.  At least someone's finally being honest about what's really going on with these Geno lovers.  At first I thought they could be objective, now its clear we're being BLM'd.

Lesson to all:  Suck has no color.  But at least the guy on the right tries very hard and gives 100%.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He's a waffling Genopatrick supporter.

When it's August and he has us going 12-4 as the surprise team in the NFL, Ryan's his boy.

When it's December and we are going 4-12 as the biggest disappointment in the NFL, Geno's the man.

teflonwilly12 needs to own his August decisions in December.  That's the honorable thing to do.  Otherwise, he's a sellout.

SAR I

Im a Geno Smith supporter and anyone who puts on the Jets uniform. 

I never liked Ryan Fitzpatrick here there or anywhere. 

In December when its cold and the Jets have a losing record and we play at night I never missed a game when I had season tickets unlike SAR I who cherry picks games and then tries to sell off the bad ones.  INVESTMENT GOLD 

The sellout is the guy who sells his season tickets and doesn't support the team through thick and thin owning tickets means nothing if you don't use them. 

i expected to see SAR I's picture when I looked up the word. 

sell·out
ˈselˌout/
noun
noun: sell-out
  1. 1
    the selling of an entire stock of something, especially tickets for an entertainment or sports event.

joewilly12 

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Honestly, this is the biggest downside of message boards for sports. I think most people who post their opinions, do care about being right or wrong, and then it turns into an agenda to prove they were right. Most of my Jets fans friends who don't post on message boards have one agenda, Jets winning. Once most people put themselves out there, they care very much about being right.

And I'll go one step further with the hilarity:

Geno Smith fans, of all people, should be the very last to call out another group for being mindbogglingly wrong about a player.

SAR I

53 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Warfish will still be complaining about Geno 10 years from now

Well, Geno is responsible for setting the Jets on a path of destruction that should take a full decade to recover from, so I can see this happening, actually.

We would have been far better off to pass on Geno Smith and either 1) see what Sanchez could offer under a new head coach that prioritized offense or 2) draft another quarterback we had access to that had real potential.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

And I'll go one step further with the hilarity:

Geno Smith fans, of all people, should be the very last to call out another group for being mindbogglingly wrong about a player.

SAR I

What group? You said you weren't a Ryan Fitzpatrick supporter. Shave the beard bag up the Fitzpatrick jerseys and t -shirts drive down to the local clothing bin should be 1-2 at the Marshall's where you shop and drop the bag drive away.

23 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No it wasn't on any level. His lack of performance was 100% predictable based on his playing and physical limitations, his proven history against strong teams and the pure reality of teams having a full year of tape to fame plan for him as QB. As an example, they stared undercutting back shoulder throws knowing he could not throw it over the CB. The Jets with Fitz at QB had no chance at 3-3. I said it back when the schedule was first released. we are in this situation because if Fitz and Bowles. The Fitz signing was a horrible horrible move.

The Fitz signing was high-risk but it was our only option to attempt to make this a playoff year and achieve the expectations that (foolish) Jets fans had and the media had after an unexpected 10 win season.  We were a "win now" team, remember?

Just a few months earlier Ryan Fitzpatrick went 5-0 for the month of December with 13 touchdowns to 1 interception.  Let that sink in for a moment.

With with the same offensive weapons still at his disposal in 2016 and a brutal 6 game start, how could you not think he gave us the best chance to win?  We haven't seen that type of one month's dominance from a Jets quarterback ever, in our history.  The guy was a free agent and wanted to play for us and he'd been paid peanuts the year before.  Petty not ready and Geno the other option, it was a no-brainer.

SAR I

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Instead Mike Maccganan was suckered into the Ryan Fitzpatrick web even though no other team in the NFL showed any interest him and we signed him for $12 million while we had 3 other QB's on the roster and a shot at few other journeyman at the time.  

Finding talent isn't one of the Jets best traits no matter who the GM is.

fitzdecember_zpsrsxnjyv2.jpg

Any GM who ignored a player on his own roster putting up this type of December with a 5-0 record, passer rating of 104, and 13 TD's to 1 INT with 3 victories at the gun or OT would need his head examined.

You want to look at Maccagnan's decision here in December and say it didn't work, no one is going to argue with you.  But back in August it was 100% the right decision.

SAR I

43 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Understood but you were pacified by him you showed support for this bum you were fooled just like Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles were. 

Lets move on from Ryan Fitzpatrick once and for all.

I was not fooled at all.  I was one of the first on the board to look at our schedule objectively and send up the warning flags, this was back in April, I had us at 7-9 if we didn't get off to a 2-0 start in a four day span.

I support any quarterback that starts for the Jets not named Geno Smith.  Geno had his shot, he wasted 2 years of our D and OL, he's what led to Fitzpatrick and the mess we're in now.  When a franchise quarterback prospect busts, it sets you back years.  Geno is the reason you are upset today.  Not Fitz.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I was not fooled at all.  I was one of the first on the board to look at our schedule objectively and send up the warning flags, this was back in April, I had us at 7-9 if we didn't get off to a 2-0 start in a four day span.

I support any quarterback that starts for the Jets not named Geno Smith.  Geno had his shot, he wasted 2 years of our D and OL, he's what led to Fitzpatrick and the mess we're in now.  When a franchise quarterback prospect busts, it sets you back years.  Geno is the reason you are upset today.  Not Fitz.

SAR I

the thing most of these guys aren't realizing is that joe willy could be the qb right now and the team's record would be about the same.  the team, all aspects, is not putting together 60 minutes of quality play. period.  if they had the +6 turnover differential of last season versus the -15 they have today, this team would probably be in the hunt.

On 12/9/2016 at 8:11 PM, SAR I said:

What was gained is what no one seems to remember-  the best chance to get out of the gate to a 3-3 start against the most brutal schedule in team history.

I could have gone either way-  either resign Fitzpatrick or start Petty.  But in the end it boiled down to Fitzpatrick or Smith and that's a no brainer, it was the right decision.

SAR I

It wasnt the right decision, nowhere near being the right decision. I made this video 9 months ago back when people were making jokes about the background music and how ridiculous it would be to either start Geno or trade for Mike Glennon. 

EVERYTHING I SAID in these videos 9 months ago came to fruition this season. 

PT. 1

Pt. 2

You talk about "The most brutal schedule in team history", well the Jets played "The easiest schedule in team history" last season and what happened? SAR, your dislike for Geno is seriously clouding your judgement on Ryan Fitzpatrick. You wouldnt be saying any of this if Geno played this year and produced these results. You are damage controlling to the maximum right now my friend. You're better than this. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

^^^^^ :D

Dude, I'm gonna' be so pissed when the Jets don't sign him.

Give Glennon a contract to fix the QB problem, then nobody loses their mind if their first-round pick is defense again because they'll have a QB.

Well, some people will, but that's what fans do no matter what moves the team makes.

Just now, AFJF said:

Dude, I'm gonna' be so pissed when the Jets don't sign him.

Give Glennon a contract to fix the QB problem, then nobody loses their mind if their first-round pick is defense again because they'll have a QB.

Well, some people will, but that's what fans do no matter what moves the team makes.

Same here. He's more than just "a bridge QB" and is a player that you can build around imo. Whomever he signs with I'll be watching those games just to see how he does. It's a travesty that we didnt trade for this guy, especially after seeing what has happened with WIlkerson and how the Cowboys wouldnt even give up nothing more than a 3rd round pick for Sheldon. Many of the problems we had this year wouldnt have even existed if we would have made a trade 2 years ago for this guy. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Same here. He's more than just "a bridge QB" and is a player that you can build around imo. Whomever he signs with I'll be watching those games just to see how he does. It's a travesty that we didnt trade for this guy, especially after seeing what has happened with WIlkerson and how the Cowboys wouldnt even give up nothing more than a 3rd round pick for Sheldon. Many of the problems we had this year wouldnt have even existed if we would have made a trade 2 years ago for this guy. 

Absolutely.  If you bring him in and let him compete, he'll win the starting job easily.  

I think Mac has overvalued his guys to some degree.  Before this season, Mo's production was on par with a 1st round pick, but teams are going to be hesitant to give up a first-rounder for a guy who they're about to pay close to $100 million.

The Sheldon thing...I'd love to know what Dallas was offering.  If it was a 2, I think Mac should've done it...for a 3rd?  I can't say I blame him for saying no.  But who knew Sheldon was going to start mailing it in?  He's said himself in the past that his payday is what keeps him motivated.  Now, unless he tears it up over the final 4 weeks, he'll be hurting his bottom line with every passing game.

Gotta' get Glennon, let Geno move on to Cleveland and Fitz to whatever team needs a 2nd/3rd QB.

Just now, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Looking forward to the Petty vs Hack fair QB competition next spring/summer. Glennon? Let somebody else overpay for a JAG with less mobility than Ken O Brien

The good part of this is that the worst of all our QBs, Geno Smith will be failing as a CFL or Arena League backup.

I hope we let someone else overpay for a JAG...given that signing JAG's to 12 million dollars is a dumb ass thing to do. 

Now as for Mike Glennon....we should be signing him. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

It wasnt the right decision, nowhere near being the right decision. I made this video 9 months ago back when people were making jokes about the background music and how ridiculous it would be to either start Geno or trade for Mike Glennon. 

EVERYTHING I SAID in these videos 9 months ago came to fruition this season.

You talk about "The most brutal schedule in team history", well the Jets played "The easiest schedule in team history" last season and what happened? SAR, your dislike for Geno is seriously clouding your judgement on Ryan Fitzpatrick. You wouldnt be saying any of this if Geno played this year and produced these results. You are damage controlling to the maximum right now my friend. You're better than this. 

Oh, so now we're going to play the "I was right and everyone else was wrong!" game?  Okay.  Let's do that:

1.  I had the Jets at 7-9 in large part because I did not think Ryan Fitzpatrick could repeat his 31 TD 15 INT performance against such a hard schedule.  I didn't like our old secondary, I didn't like the assumptions that rookies and second-year guys were going to become beasts, and I didn't think we could be as fortunate avoiding injuries.  Not puffing my chest-  just clarifying and defending my position.

2.  I don't fall in love with players.  I'm a fan of the laundry.  ANY Jets quarterback putting up the performance we saw at the position in 2015 would get my support, even Geno Smith.  It just happened to come from Ryan Fitzpatrick.

3.  It was 100% the right decision for the Jets FO to resign a player who set the team record for TD's in a season, had a 5 game December where he threw 13 touchdowns to only 1 interception, bonded with Decker and Marshall, was showing signs of bonding and developing Enunwa, who had terrific pocket presence and scrambled out of several sacks, who won 3 clutch must-win games against Dallas, New York, and New England, without question the best quarterback play we've seen since Namath and Testaverde.

You have a sad agenda supporting a terrible player.  It not only clouds your judgement but it makes you appear petty.  I know.  I went through this with Mark Sanchez.  But at least he actually flashed, at least he accomplished something significant in his early seasons.  I hold myself 50% accountable on the dumb-meter for supporting Mark for 4 years.  I hold you 90% accountable on the dumb-meter for supporting Geno.  There is no grounds for getting all moist for this guy, give it up already.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Oh, so now we're going to play the "I was right and everyone else was wrong!" game?  Okay.  Let's do that:

1.  I had the Jets at 7-9 in large part because I did not think Ryan Fitzpatrick could repeat his 31 TD 15 INT performance against such a hard schedule.  I didn't like our old secondary, I didn't like the assumptions that rookies and second-year guys were going to become beasts, and I didn't think we could be as fortunate avoiding injuries.  Not puffing my chest-  just clarifying and defending my position.

2.  I don't fall in love with players.  I'm a fan of the laundry.  ANY Jets quarterback putting up the performance we saw at the position in 2015 would get my support, even Geno Smith.  It just happened to come from Ryan Fitzpatrick.

3.  It was 100% the right decision for the Jets FO to resign a player who set the team record for TD's in a season, had a 5 game December where he threw 13 touchdowns to only 1 interception, bonded with Decker and Marshall, was showing signs of bonding and developing Enunwa, who had terrific pocket presence and scrambled out of several sacks, who won 3 clutch must-win games against Dallas, New York, and New England, without question the best quarterback play we've seen since Namath and Testaverde.

You have a sad agenda supporting a terrible player.  It not only clouds your judgement but it makes you appear petty.  I know.  I went through this with Mark Sanchez.  But at least he actually flashed, at least he accomplished something significant in his early seasons.  I hold myself 50% accountable on the dumb-meter for supporting Mark for 4 years.  I hold you 90% accountable on the dumb-meter for supporting Geno.  There is no grounds for getting all moist for this guy, give it up already.

SAR I

I didn't say anything about everyone else (outside of picking on my music selection), I'm talking about your damage control. 

I was a supporter of NOT resigning Fitz so stop the confusion. 

I'm waiting for you to give up "all that you just wrote" already. 

Listen to the vids next time before talking my support for Geno

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I didn't say anything about everyone else (outside of picking on my music selection), I'm talking about your damage control. 

I was a supporter of NOT resigning Fitz so stop the confusion. 

I'm waiting for you to give up "all that you just wrote" already. 

Listen to the vids next time before talking my support for Geno

How can I be accused of "damage control" when I never took a positive position on Ryan Fitzpatrick?  In case you forgot, my theorems on Fitz are:

1.  The Jets had to resign him based on his epic performance last year and our brutal schedule this year as he gave us our best chance to win.

2.  With Petty and Hack unavailable and Geno Smith as our only other option, resigning Fitzpatrick made even more sense.

I think you confuse my posts as "pro-Fitzpatrick" instead of as "logical".  I am no Fitzpatrick fan.  Just as I would at any position, I merely want the best player on the field. 

Back in August I had the Jets opening at 1-5 based solely on the schedule, Vegas had us at 0-6.  Going with Fitzpatrick was a calculated risk by the Jets FO to see if we could catch lightning in a bottle and eke out a 3-3 start.  It didn't work.  It still was the right decision.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How can I be accused of "damage control" when I never took a positive position on Ryan Fitzpatrick?  In case you forgot, my theorems on Fitz are:

1.  The Jets had to resign him based on his epic performance last year and our brutal schedule this year as he gave us our best chance to win.

2.  With Petty and Hack unavailable and Geno Smith as our only other option, resigning Fitzpatrick made even more sense.

I think you confuse my posts as "pro-Fitzpatrick" instead of as "logical".  I am no Fitzpatrick fan.  Just as I would at any position, I merely want the best player on the field. 

Back in August I had the Jets opening at 1-5 based solely on the schedule, Vegas had us at 0-6.  Going with Fitzpatrick was a calculated risk by the Jets FO to see if we could catch lightning in a bottle and eke out a 3-3 start.  It didn't work.  It still was the right decision.

SAR I

So...........you shaved the beard and finally dumped the t-shirts and jerseys in the clothing bin box......proud of you man, 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So...........you shaved the beard and finally dumped the t-shirts and jerseys in the clothing bin box......proud of you man, 

My position on Ryan Fitzpatrick's abilities has not changed.  He still gives us the best chance to win today in San Francisco.  But winning games this season is no longer the goal.  We need to validate young players.

So don't interpret anti-Geno fans as suddenly "supporting" Fitzpatrick's benching simply based on his skills.  We support the validation of young players at all positions, including quarterback.

And don't get too excited-  Ryan Fitzpatrick will be our QB2 next season, will likely get considerable playing time as the rebuilding OL will surely get Petty dinged here and there.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Lol OK SAR. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

My position on Ryan Fitzpatrick's abilities has not changed.  He still gives us the best chance to win today in San Francisco.  But winning games this season is no longer the goal.  We need to validate young players.

So don't interpret anti-Geno fans as suddenly "supporting" Fitzpatrick's benching simply based on his skills.  We support the validation of young players at all positions, including quarterback.

And don't get too excited-  Ryan Fitzpatrick will be our QB2 next season, will likely get considerable playing time as the rebuilding OL will surely get Petty dinged here and there.

SAR I

Geno is the better choice as backup QB.  He is a much better QB than the bearded POS at this point

Because if given a choice, Geno gives the Jets the better chance of a win over Fitz.  Speaking of which, on what level does Fitz give any team a better chance of a win over anyone?  Hes the worst QB in the NFL.  

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Lol OK SAR. 

You seem to be determined to find a Ryan Fitzpatrick fan with whom you can get some vengeance for the mistreatment of Geno Smith.

I'm not that person.  I just want what's best for the franchise, and back in August, Ryan Fitzpatrick was unquestionably what was best for the Jets.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

You seem to be determined to find a Ryan Fitzpatrick fan with whom you can get some vengeance for the mistreatment of Geno Smith.

I'm not that person.  I just want what's best for the franchise, and back in August, Ryan Fitzpatrick was unquestionably what was best for the Jets.

SAR I

lol OK SAR. 

Geno is the better choice as backup QB.  He is a much better QB than the bearded POS at this point
Because if given a choice, Geno gives the Jets the better chance of a win over Fitz.  Speaking of which, on what level does Fitz give any team a better chance of a win over anyone?  Hes the worst QB in the NFL.  

Geno is not a much better qb than anyone. No way he deserves to be brought back even as third string.

I don't get your love for this scrub. Even after he's proven you wrong Everytime he steps on the field.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Archived