fitz apologists

kmnj

10 minutes ago, funaz said:

Geno is not a much better qb than anyone. No way he deserves to be brought back even as third string.

I don't get your love for this scrub. Even after he's proven you wrong Everytime he steps on the field.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

+ 999999999

to all the Geno's MyHero's !

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, SAR I said:

How can I be accused of "damage control" when I never took a positive position on Ryan Fitzpatrick?  In case you forgot, my theorems on Fitz are:

1.  The Jets had to resign him based on his epic performance last year and our brutal schedule this year as he gave us our best chance to win.

2.  With Petty and Hack unavailable and Geno Smith as our only other option, resigning Fitzpatrick made even more sense.

I think you confuse my posts as "pro-Fitzpatrick" instead of as "logical".  I am no Fitzpatrick fan.  Just as I would at any position, I merely want the best player on the field. 

Back in August I had the Jets opening at 1-5 based solely on the schedule, Vegas had us at 0-6.  Going with Fitzpatrick was a calculated risk by the Jets FO to see if we could catch lightning in a bottle and eke out a 3-3 start.  It didn't work.  It still was the right decision.

SAR I

I credit mac with taking a firm stance with Fitzpatrick.. He knew what he was, and wasn't fooled by his inflated stats, easy schedule, and very talented WR duo.. He knew fitz wasn't any better than geno, maybe by an inch.. why they were prepared to go with geno if fitz didn't accept the " take or leave it " offer that was about to expire.. I think if they knew more about petty, they would have been very comfortable having him behind smith at the #2.. That was a big factor, you have to have some confidence in a #2 qb.. two straight yrs we lost the starting qb.. 

2 hours ago, funaz said:

Geno is not a much better qb than anyone. No way he deserves to be brought back even as third string.

I don't get your love for this scrub. Even after he's proven you wrong Everytime he steps on the field.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Love?  Because I recognize that he's better than Fitz? 

After proving me right in his one game, playing better and making plays Fitz can only dream about?  

Why do you even care?

Archived