fitz apologists

DBs only respect the deep ball when ITS ACCURATE. When the QB is more likely to throw it into Section 275, seat 4A of the Pepsi stand, they won't care. I have seen almost every single game Geno has played, DBs don't respect his deep ball and still play close to the LOS. 

You obviously don't watch games and have your head buried a mile deep under the sand, so what's the point.

Please tell me your kidding me with this statement its actually quite embarassing.

And I've been at every home game with few exceptions since the Jets moved to the Meadowlands so don't try an pull the casual fan BS with me.

Admit your wrong and move along.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one is enshrining Fitz into the Hall of Fame. The "apologists" as you call them, simply believe that Fitz is less awful than Geno. It's that simple. Not sure where the confusion is.

I just cant understand how anybody can look at Fitz and think he is anything more than I a jag-I told you before the season he was awful and has no arm- I was at the game today like almost every game

both coaches liked Geno better and thought he gave us the best shot-Bmarsh moved in with Geno as well. coaches should go back to their original plan before it is too late now that Geno is able to play

Posted Images

Explain to me what bad decisions Fitz made yesterday. What's funny is I think Fitz stepped up into the pocket yesterday more times than Geno Smith has in his entire career

one off the top off my head was a quick 2 yard pass on a 3rd down when he had Kerley wide open down the field for about 15 yds or so and the first down. any time he goes deep it is a bad decision b/c all he does is throw it up for grabs no matter what the coverage.  he made more bad decisions than good yesterday, he wasn't the only culprit but he was the main culprit.

A lot of you guys want a new QB and it seems to me nothing less than Aaron Rogers will do. Well I got news for ya.... its not happening and we're not drafting anything remotely close to that type of QB any time soon. 

We didn't draft Aaron Rodgers because of Chad Pennington. Instead we traded our pick and got Nugent, Doug Jolley, and Cedric Houston instead of drafting Aaron Rodgers. Never mind that GB drafted Rodgers even though they already had Favre coming off (another) 4000-yard, 30-TD season.

Thank you for reminding me. I hate you.

• Upvote 1

A strong wind that continually changes to be at his back wouldn't hurt either.

through week 2 he had 5 tds and 2 picks.  then they lost decker and ivory and colon, spotted the eagles 24 points and then the turnovers come.  it's not surprising.  i think the offense will play better next week.

Explain to me what bad decisions Fitz made yesterday. What's funny is I think Fitz stepped up into the pocket yesterday more times than Geno Smith has in his entire career

You would be wrong on that.  Bad decisions? How about locking into Marshall on several occasions.  When Geno does it,  its's bad but Fitz does it and its okay, I got it. 

He also threw some horrible passes yesterday, missing wide open receivers.  But hey,he is only a 10 year vet; I am expecting way too much I guess. 

Edited by JetBlue
  • Upvote 1

Right, because you were so intent on explaining away Genos INTs.  Somehow they always were the QBs fault.  When Fitz does the unthinkable, has pretty much the same 1 pick to 1 INT rate Geno had guess which one is exonerated?

• Upvote 1

Brees SUCKS he's old damaged goods NO THANKS 

Playing on one leg with one arm Brees would be better than anything we have now. I think he has 2-3 good years left and there's a real chance we make a move for him next off-season. Let's put it this way. Based on his work this off-season, if MCags decides to go in that direction I would be very confident that there was still gas in the tank.

No the last ten years of his career have been on teams not nearly as talented as this one.

Give me a break. He's not Trent Dilfer... It's time someone popped that bubble for you. It's going to get worse. Cause that's what happens with Fitz. 

he's just as turn over prone as Geno, and will continue to gift wrap ducks for the opposing defenses. The only thing he's leading us away from - is a draft pick, or a playoff birth. Starting Fitz for 16 games - is the most clear cut way to telegraph to the rest of the league, that we're mailing it in this year. 

• Upvote 2

through week 2 he had 5 tds and 2 picks.  then they lost decker and ivory and colon, spotted the eagles 24 points and then the turnovers come.  it's not surprising.  i think the offense will play better next week.

Oh I do too.  Completely expect the O to play better.  Especially if Decker and Ivory back.  But as it's been said 1k times already, why give Fitz the excuse of missing Decker when Geno didn't get that?  With Fitz or Geno this team should beat Miami and Wash.  But Fitz vs the Pats (or any good team) scares me.

• Upvote 1

You realize that he actually threw 3 ints accept Marshall "stole" the ball in the opener.  He had a great deal of difficulty completing passes against the Colts and they were playing with guys off the street (by the way we had the lead in that game and all our weapons, so the 24 points excuse doesn't work).  I am not here to bash Fitz, I am just trying to be objective; I realize any QB will struggle missing their top weapons so I am not pinning this loss on him exclusively, but he left a LOT of plays on the field.   I praised him during his first two games even though he got "lucky" on several occasions and the team bailed him out.   Let's see if he and the team can bounce back next week.  If not, like it or not, Geno will be back on the field, sooner rather than later, and for better or worse. 

Edited by JetBlue
  • Upvote 1

Playing on one leg with one arm Brees would be better than anything we have now. I think he has 2-3 good years left and there's a real chance we make a move for him next off-season. Let's put it this way. Based on his work this off-season, if MCags decides to go in that direction I would be very confident that there was still gas in the tank.

This hilarity in this thread has really gone up a notch.

Brees is washed up, SUCKS, damaged goods..........but hey, i'm happy to see GENO SMITH lead my team's offense.

• Upvote 2

He has been watching Fitz and I am not advocating benching Fitz unless he continues to struggle and or lose games.  That is why I am giving him until after the bye week.  The fact that both Gailey and Bowles were prepared to "roll the dice" with Geno as the starter is enough for me. If he hadn't gotten punched, odds are he would be the starter now anyway.   As I posted in another thread, that could have been the best thing for him as he has been humbled and humiliated by the experience and hopefully it will make him a better man and watching from the sidelines will make him a better player.   It is easy to forget that he never had that opportunity before and was thrust into starting before he was ready.   I am so tired of the "he is and idiot, and dumb" comments so I am not going to even address that. The Eagles have given the rest of the league the playbook on how to beat us now; get a lead and dare Fitz to beat you.   

Get a lead ?  So are we spotting teams 24 points every week ?

I call Geno Dumb and an Idiot based on his actions. I also base it on the fact he seems to think he can do well at the QB position without putting in the hours and hours of video/film work it takes to be successful. Missing a meeting on a Saturday before a game is just about as dumb as it gets and it shows ZERO leadership ability and ZERO ability to lead by example. His actions off the field are not any better as we have all heard those stories. If you think this stuff does not have an effect on a team or on an offense your nuts. if you think Geno was going to fix that horrible release, become accurate and begin to read defenses over night you're not paying attention. How many QB's with the absolutely horrible stats and poor decision making Geno has exhibited over his first 2 years amounted to anything in this league ? Just a few examples will do. Problem is I can give you 10x more examples of QB's who play like Geno or close to as bad as Geno (cause he set the bar for Horrible QB play) that never amounted to anything . geno sucks and odds are he will continue to suck. I put no merit in the fact Geno won a QB battle vs a guy recovering from a broken leg in 7 on 7 drills

• Upvote 1

Oh I do too.  Completely expect to play better.  Especially if Decker and Ivory back.  But as it's been said 1k times already, why give Fitz the excuse of missing Decker when Geno didn't get that?  With Fitz or Geno this team should beat Miami and Wash.  But Fitz vs the Pats (or any good team) scares me.

we all knew what we were getting with fitz.  there's really no surprises here.  and while geno will probably look better than he did the past 2 years in this offense, the question is how much better?  he'll probably get his chance, either b/c the jets are out of the playoff hunt, fitz sucks or is injured.  i just don't know what you do if geno really doesn't distinguish himself, fitz looks meh and then you go into training camp next year with a 3 way qb battle.  

We didn't draft Aaron Rodgers because of Chad Pennington. Instead we traded our pick and got Nugent, Doug Jolley, and Cedric Houston instead of drafting Aaron Rodgers. Never mind that GB drafted Rodgers even though they already had Favre coming off (another) 4000-yard, 30-TD season.

Thank you for reminding me. I hate you.

LOL thanks for reminding me

I hate you as well !

:P

• Upvote 1

You realize that he actually threw 3 ints accept Marshall "stole" the ball in the opener.  He had a great deal of difficulty completing passes against the Colts and they were playing with guys off the street (by the way we had the lead in that game and all our weapons, so the 24 points excuse doesn't work).  I am not here to bash Fitz, I am just trying to be objective; I realize any QB will struggle missing their top weapons so I am not pinning this loss on him exclusively, but he left a LOT of plays on the field.   I praised him during his first two games even though he got "lucky" on several occasions and the team bailed him out.   Let's see if he can the team can bounce back next week.  If not, like it or not, Geno will be back on the field, sooner rather than later, and for better or worse. 

You're wasting your time. He refuses to acknowledge the points you're outlining... i tried my best to illustrate just how lucky we were last week, and he enters today have ignored all that. 

Get a lead ?  So are we spotting teams 24 points every week ?

I call Geno Dumb and an Idiot based on his actions. I also base it on the fact he seems to think he can do well at the QB position without putting in the hours and hours of video/film work it takes to be successful. Missing a meeting on a Saturday before a game is just about as dumb as it gets and it shows ZERO leadership ability and ZERO ability to lead by example. His actions off the field are not any better as we have all heard those stories. If you think this stuff does not have an effect on a team or on an offense your nuts. if you think Geno was going to fix that horrible release, become accurate and begin to read defenses over night you're not paying attention. How many QB's with the absolutely horrible stats and poor decision making Geno has exhibited over his first 2 years amounted to anything in this league ? Just a few examples will do. Problem is I can give you 10x more examples of QB's who play like Geno or close to as bad as Geno (cause he set the bar for Horrible QB play) that never amounted to anything . geno sucks and odds are he will continue to suck. I put no merit in the fact Geno won a QB battle vs a guy recovering from a broken leg in 7 on 7 drills

that's amazing considering I hear Geno puts in a ton of work off field. Never once heard his work ethic questioned.. But hey if it fits your agenda

Edited by Scoop24
  • Upvote 2

How does Geno vs the Pats (or any good team) make you feel?

we have beaten NE w/ geno(though he didn't do much in that game) while we lost 3 games against them by a total of 6 pts.

Fitz beat NE once while w/ Buffalo but in his 6 losses hs lost by an average of 19 PPG.

• Upvote 1

You're beginning to sound like an idiot...

As i outlined for you in the other thread, stat-boy, that Fitz is 35-56, with 20 of those wins coming against the worst teams in the league; CLE, OAK, MIA, WSH, KC, DET, and JAX... the others were like TEN, HOU, etc... i think he beat NE once, and ARZ with John Skelton at the helm..

Just stop.

That he lost to the SB Pats by one point and two points a year ago.  

We're better and they're missing Revis and Browner.