Cro Spars With Son of Jets Coach on Twitter

Wonderful

The Jets faced some trash talk from inside their own locker room on Sunday.

Some tweets taking shots at Jets players after Sunday’s 24-17 loss to the Eagles appeared to have come from tight ends coach Jimmie Johnson’s son. Though the offending tweets were taken down, they were captured by Yahoo! Sports before they were deleted.

@JimmieJ82 tweeted a picture of Geno Smith posing with a young fan and wrote, “Bum ass Geno Smith.”

He followed it up with a picture of Antonio Cromartie, captioning it, “Antonio Cromartie with 2 of his 15 kids.”

That all might have been bad enough, considering his father is a coach for Gang Green, but the situation got worse when Cromartie took notice of the tweets. And the cornerback was mad. “Y the f you worried about my family. If it wasn’t for your dad you (wouldn’t) be nothing in life @JimmieJ82. You better watch yourself son,” Cromartie responded.

The tweet about Geno Smith before being deleted.

The tweet about Geno Smith before being deleted.

Eventually, the account’s handle was changed to @JTre88, and he apologized to Cromartie.

“@CRO31 apologize for the tweet man, I really didn’t mean anything by it. Stupid tweet. I hope I get to apologize to you in person,” he tweeted.

“Those tweets were really stupid on my part. Will apologize to both of them if I get the chance,” he added in another tweet. 

Johnson is in his first year on the Jets' staff.

COLON HURTING

Willie Colon hurt his right knee after halftime, was brought to the locker room and did not return. Bowles had no immediate word on the extent of Colon’s injury.

This is the stuff that bothers me, your dad is a coach on the team and your calling players bums and mocking them on Twitter . I know it doesn't matter as far as wins and losses and all that , yap yap....but you just can't make up this level of stupid, it's stupid to the point that you should be kicked off the planet stupid.smh.

• Upvote 2

That kid is a total dumbass 

This.

As much as I cringe when Cro tweets, Cro is right here. This kid needs to be ..... well I will let his Dad decide. Just insane that he is that stupid to smack talk from within the locker room like that.

He followed it up with a picture of Antonio Cromartie, captioning it, “Antonio Cromartie with 2 of his 15 kids.”

As much as this kid is an ass-clown, this is legit funny.

Okay, laughing aside; Cro did nothing wrong here and I hope Jimmie Johnson punches his kid in the face.

We don't need this bullsh*t.

I love how Bowles handled this publicly.

On if he was aware of what appeared to be Tight Ends Coach Jimmie Johnson’s son tweeting some insulting things about players after the game…

I was aware of it. We handled it in-house and we have bigger fish to fry than that.

On Cromartie getting involved in the Twitter discussion…

Again, we have bigger fish to fry. He is a parent. He’s going to say what he has to protect his kids. We moved on. That’s not going to stop what we’re doing right now.

This is the stuff that bothers me, your dad is a coach on the team and your calling players bums and mocking them on Twitter . I know it doesn't matter as far as wins and losses and all that , yap yap....but you just can't make up this level of stupid, it's stupid to the point that you should be kicked off the planet stupid.smh.

Millennial morons who think because they have an iphone with a family data plan the universe gives a sh*t what they have to say.

Edited by jgb

I love how Bowles handled this publicly.

On if he was aware of what appeared to be Tight Ends Coach Jimmie Johnson’s son tweeting some insulting things about players after the game…

I was aware of it. We handled it in-house and we have bigger fish to fry than that.

On Cromartie getting involved in the Twitter discussion…

Again, we have bigger fish to fry. He is a parent. He’s going to say what he has to protect his kids. We moved on. That’s not going to stop what we’re doing right now.

lol bigger fish to fry... the dolphins! fry them ****ers

• Upvote 1