Michael Vick starting QB in Pittsburgh!!!!!

joewilly12

i would be livid if i was a Steelers fan.......they have a super bowl ready team and they have that clown as their backup?

When you have a franchise QB, the backup QB isn't all that important.  Only here does the backup seem to matter or do people seem to think he gives the team a chance.  In cities where they have a franchise QB and he gets hurt, they already know they're f*cked. 

Agreed but it was pretty slim pickins in the QB department this off season and Fits was grabbed to be a back up. Your OP suggests maybe the staff screwed up and maybe we should have kept Vick.

Vick with Chan and Marshall Decker and Smith I like those odds better than Fitzpatrick

When you have a franchise QB, the backup QB isn't all that important.  Only here does the backup seem to matter or do people seem to think he gives the team a chance.  In cities where they have a franchise QB and he gets hurt, they already know they're f*cked. 

hmmmmm, as a jets fan i never had the luxury of thinking that way lol

Vick with Chan and Marshall Decker and Smith I like those odds better than Fitzpatrick

I think  after the vick debacle last year (not being prepared when he got put in) and then him sucking in general - I don't thin they had much of a choice they had to move on from him.  He appeared to not care and that sends a strong message to the team.

Neither Vick not fitz are permanent answers anyways, we are better off with fitz.

hmmmmm, as a jets fan i never had the luxury of thinking that way lol

Nope.  Because the last time we saw a significant drop-off on that level was when Testaverde tore his achilles.  It's actually a luxury getting to see the difference between, say, Peyton Manning and Curtis Painter once in a while.

Vick was so motivated last year how in gods name did we let that beast go.  He was as prepared as I've ever seen a Qb prepare. I mean he knew each play as if he drew it up himself.  He was our franchise Qb and we let him walk.  Same Ol jets.....fans. 

Archived