Fitz isn't the answer. Neither is Geno. And I doubt Petty is, either

Jet_Engine1

Comparing a 4th round afterthought qb to marino/favre.  Only a jets fan.

we will take a qb early in next years draft and let that guy battle it out with petty.  Prob keep fitz for a vetersn shoulder to lean on.

Once again reading comprehension eludes another member of the board, I said he reminds me of them, not compares to them. Big difference.

We are 2-1 with 13 games to go anD the next one is very winnable...why b1tch about what we have and dont?  

The qb issue won't be addressed for at least 6-7 more months, so we got what we got.

Nothing has changed since April, and if you don't want to watch this team till it has its own Rodgers, well, to each their own.

Meanwhile, I'll hope we pull into the bye week 3-1 with a great bounce back win ND a bye week just in time to get Ivory and Decker back for a play off run.  I'll be watching...not crying whoa is me about our qb situation...even if it does suck.

Everyone seems to think that all of these elite QB's were slam dunks and any idiot would have taken them.  Hindsight in this case is better than 20/20, it's perfect.

Brady in 6th round is winning the lottery.  Favre was a second round pick.  People argued Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning. Brees was not great in San Diego, better circumstance in New Orleans. 

First round QB's in the last 3 years...Bortles, Manziel, EJ Manuel, Luck, RG3 and Tannehill.  Maybe one potential Elite QB out of all of them (and Luck is showing that a bad team around him makes it even harder to succeed)?

Eli Manning and Rivers were picked before Ben Roethlisberger...you think San Diego does that again?

Getting a great QB is a combination of luck, patience, and circumstance.  Pennington doesn't tear up his arm and he might still be playing. 

MY favorite people are the ones who call Petty the "future" of the NYJ. At some point, in the future, he will probably play. The odds of him being a good quarterback are slim to none. For some reason i think too many people forget how much of a long shot it is to come into the NFL, drafted where he was, and turn into a "good" QB.

It just doesn't happen very often. 

Truth is, Macc has been great but his job up to this point has been fairly easy, spending money and filling holes. When it comes to finding a QB he's going to need to get a bit creative.  With two wins under our belt already I don't see us being bad enough to have a top pick for a QB and Petty should get a shot next year but is far from a sure thing.  I think we need to make a full court press at Glennon or Mettenberger in the offseason.  I'm not saying either one is the next Aaron Rodgers but they have showed that they can play on a pro level and win games AND are both young enough to be developed and stick around for a while.  I'm not trying to rehash the Glennon debate but this team spent a lot of money in the offseason brining in veteran "win now" guys like Revis, Marshall, Cro etc... The next move needs to be an aggressive one for that win now QB.

anyone got thoughts on glennon?   Someone here has to think he's okay? :-)

Archived