Looking Ahead To MIA

KRL

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply shocking to see a team constructed by Mike Tannenbaum is imploding.  Shocking.

Dolphins fan here and you're misinformed like most non-fans are. Tannebaum is the VP of football operations not the GM. Pretty sure he had some influence in bringing Suh to Miami but that's only one player. The team is imploding because the coaching sucks, and has sucked for a while now.

Dolphins fan here and you're misinformed like most non-fans are. Tannebaum is the VP of football operations not the GM. Pretty sure he had some influence in bringing Suh to Miami but that's only one player. The team is imploding because the coaching sucks, and has sucked for a while now.

The most expensive defensive player in NFL history.  You act like he was only responsible for bringing in a backup kicker.

Dont worry, you'll get back on track and will be 2-2 after this week. 

I'd be interested in what the posters that are in MIA have to
say about them.  Because after watching them through the first
three games of the season they seem disorganized and disinterested.
They are one Landry punt return away from being 0-3 and they played
a pretty soft schedule (WAS, JAC & BUF).  On offense their OLine
is leaky, they have no running game and their only reliable WR
is Landry.  On defense MIA is shockingly not getting a pass rush,
not stopping the run and leaky in the secondary.  Have they quit
on Philbin??? 

I think they quit on Philbin. The only thing that scares me about this game is that Miami was in the same Lat time they went to London Tannehill was under pressure from his coach and he lit up the Raiders, granted it was the raiders. I just hope this isn't the week the Fins put it together, especially with winters in there. I can't stomach a loss to the Fins. 

I think they quit on Philbin. The only thing that scares me about this game is that Miami was in the same Lat time they went to London Tannehill was under pressure from his coach and he lit up the Raiders, granted it was the raiders. I just hope this isn't the week the Fins put it together, especially with winters in there. I can't stomach a loss to the Fins. 

The team has definitely quit on him or don't believe in him anymore. I have never seen them so unprepared since Philbin took over. 

I continue to see Tannehill slander;  he's going to need a good OL and defense to ever win a championship just like the other 26 teams in the league. You can look at the Bills game and see 3 INTs, two of which wasn't his fault, and say that Tannehill is mediocre/bad but he's still improving and takes a lot of the team's negativity just because he's the QB(when a team isn't good non-fans look to QBs) yet remains positive. Can't help but to get behind someone like him. Not perfect at all but he's the last player on the team I'm worried about. 

We've come out flat at home.  I hardly expect them to show up on a different continent at 9:30am their time. Expecting a brutal loss, but obviously I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised. 

How did the Phins do at their home opener Sunday? They were 27-0 down at the half. Makes our 24-7 look pretty impressive. ;)

as some might remember I predicted the Eagles loss. That's the most thankless task by the way, people bash you going into it and no one cares coming out. But I feel locked into this team. That game they weren't ever going to win. 

This week however the Dolphins are actually in worse shape than the Jets. The head coach is on the verge of being fired. Their OL is worse shape than the Jets OL and the Jets defense is also better up front. Who are their WR? 

All this adds up to a comfortable Jets win and 3-1 going into the bye. 

Miami has been dominated in 10 of the 12 quarters they have played. No pass rush, just 1 sack in 3 games by a defense that many expected big things from. No protection for tannehill and no run game. Unlike the Eagles, there are no redeeming qualities in this team, and they are only getting worse. 

Then again, this is the NFL, and it's a win or get fired scenario for joe philbin, so you'll see a better game out of them, especially in the first half. Jets can't afford to start flat like they did against Cleveland and Philly. We'll win easily if we get an early lead. 

as some might remember I predicted the Eagles loss. That's the most thankless task by the way, people bash you going into it and no one cares coming out. But I feel locked into this team. That game they weren't ever going to win. 

This week however the Dolphins are actually in worse shape than the Jets. The head coach is on the verge of being fired. Their OL is worse shape than the Jets OL and the Jets defense is also better up front. Who are their WR? 

This is another thing I see most non-fans ask. We don't have a "star" at WR yet as some feel DeVante Parker will be that but we do have 4-5 guys who are pretty good. Put this into perspective, our projected 4th receiver Rishard Matthews is leading the team in receiving yards(262), TDs(3), 13th in receiving yards in the NFL, and is 3rd in YPC for receivers with 15 or more catches behind AJ Green and Rob Gronkowski. Jarvis Landry is a problem for anyone in the slot. DeVante Parker finally got some extensive playing time after getting a screw in his foot replaced with Greg Jennings disappointing and Parker put up 3 catches for 46 yards against Buffalo and was targeted several times in the RZ(overthrows by Tannehill). Not to mention Kenny Stills hasn't been used yet which brings me to my original statement, the coaches suck. You trade a 3rd for one of the better deep threats in the NFL and don't even utilize him? The TE we signed off of the practice squad has more yards and snaps than Stills. 

This is another thing I see most non-fans ask. We don't have a "star" at WR yet as some feel DeVante Parker will be that but we do have 4-5 guys who are pretty good.  

To put it another way who is your Brandon Marshall? or who does Revis have to cover? A bunch of pretty good guys is not the same as having a star. 

I have to respectfully disagree as I don't think it will be a comfortable win for the Jets. For some reason the Fins turn it around on there London trips . I don't think Decker is going to play and Winters scares me. I hope you r right because I hate the Dolphins more than anybody.

To put it another way who is your Brandon Marshall? or who does Revis have to cover? A bunch of pretty good guys is not the same as having a star. 

If you are saying we don't have a star then I agree with you. I was speaking more along the lines of the Dolphins not needing a star to deal with a secondary if most of the WRs are good. Revis can shut down one part of the field but not the entire field.

If you are saying we don't have a star then I agree with you. I was speaking more along the lines of the Dolphins not needing a star to deal with a secondary if most of the WRs are good. Revis can shut down one part of the field but not the entire field.

ok I just taked to my friends at Finheaven and they asked me to direct u back to their website they send u tend to get lost.  Welcome aboard.  I am just busting balls, I live down in SOFLA and have to hear Dolphins fan every year tell me they r going to the playoffs. You seem to be not along those lines and present some valid points, and are reasonable. Unfortunately some of my best friends r fins fans including my brother who lives in NY and is from NJ. 

By the way I don't think the Jets win this one, something about the Fins and London.  If I am wrong I will by A couple of Kegs for taigaiting Jets fans at next years Dolphins home game. 

Here's something interesting I found over on the NFLUK forum :

As with the Madden curse for players, the International Series Games are looking like a curse for the Home team Head Coach. Look at the list below of coaches of the home team at Wembley and whether they survived the season...

2007 Dolphins, Cam Cameron - Fired at end of season (1-15)
2008 Saints, Sean Payton - Survived 8-8 season
2009 Bucs, Raheem Morris - Survived 3-13 season (curse would not be beaten, see 2 years later...)
2010 49ers, Mike Singletary - Fired after 15 games 5-10 (McDaniels visiting team HC also fired in season)
2011 Bucs, Raheem Morris - Fired at end of season (4-12, his non-Wembley year he went 10-6)
2012 Rams, Jeff Fisher - Survived 7-8-1 season
2013 Vikings, Leslie Frazier - Fired at end of season (5-10-1)
2013 Jaguars, Gus Bradley - Survived 4-12 season
2014 Raiders, Dennis Allen - Fired after Wembley game! (0-4)
2014 Falcons, Mike Smith - Fired at end of season (6-10)
2014 Jaguars, Gus Bradley - Survived 3-13 season
2015 Dolphins, Joe Philbin - ?
2015 Jaguars, Gus Bradley - ?
2015 Chiefs, Andy Reid - ?

(This also shows that none of the 11 teams to have played as the home team at Wembley has yet posted a winning record that season)

Archived