George Steinbrenner is rolling over in his grave.

PFSIKH

A champagne party for backing into the wildcard after leading the division by 7 games in late July.

Sad.

How would it be better if they cried about it and didn't celebrate.

And George sucked.  He ran them into the ground, got kicked out of baseball, and the team came back to life.

How would it be better if they cried about it and didn't celebrate.

And George sucked.  He ran them into the ground, got kicked out of baseball, and the team came back to life.

I was going to title it Yogi Berra, but figured it was too soon.

It would be better if they acted like that is not a goal of the Yankees. 

I get there is probably a MLB mandate to celebrate and pimp the stupid Post Season hats.

"Woo Hoo!!! We blew a 7 game lead over these last two months. but we are a wildcard...pop the champagne!" 

I was going to title it Yogi Berra, but figured it was too soon.

It would be better if they acted like that is not a goal of the Yankees. 

I get there is probably a MLB mandate to celebrate and pimp the stupid Post Season hats.

"Woo Hoo!!! We blew a 7 game lead over these last two months. but we are a wildcard...pop the champagne!" 

Have you ever seen a team not celebrate? 

The stuff is there, what would you rather, "Nah, I don't want to celebrate and blow off steam after an almost 6 month season."  At least they won the game, I always think the celebrations look odd when the team loses a game but clinches the pennant.

A champagne party for backing into the wildcard after leading the division by 7 games in late July.

Sad.

They made the postseason in a year that many predicted really bad things. They have young and upcoming talent. They should celebrate.

Oh and I think your table is now ready. I am pretty sure I just heard them call, "Bitter, party of one".  You can be seated now.  :)

unfortunately all MLB teams celebrate too wildly just getting into the playoffs, I blame the idiots of the 00s for starting this.

This is my point.  Especially for a team that I sonly three years removed from the playoffs.  I would get for the Royals last year, the Jays this year and even the Pirates of a few seasons ago.  The Yankees?  No.

They made the postseason in a year that many predicted really bad things. They have young and upcoming talent. They should celebrate.

Oh and I think your table is now ready. I am pretty sure I just heard them call, "Bitter, party of one".  You can be seated now.  :)

The Yankees success does not bother me as it did in my youth.  ;)

They should celebrate, but act like you have been there before. 

Have you ever seen a team not celebrate? 

The stuff is there, what would you rather, "Nah, I don't want to celebrate and blow off steam after an almost 6 month season."  At least they won the game, I always think the celebrations look odd when the team loses a game but clinches the pennant.

Word.

This is my point.  Especially for a team that I sonly three years removed from the playoffs.  I would get for the Royals last year, the Jays this year and even the Pirates of a few seasons ago.  The Yankees?  No.

Word.

*cough*BULLSH1T!!!*cough*

He never really was there before though. Sure Jeter carried him there a few times. But this is really it for him getting there alone as a Yankee.

I am pretty sure A-Rod has been in a bukkake video. 

*cough*BULLSH1T!!!*cough*

You are entitled to your belief, but I do not. 

Seriously? The 2009 Yankees don't win without Alex's massive performance. Don't make me defend this dude.

the one time Alex played like the great player he was in postseason was 2009.  he was the biggest reason the Yanks won, he was also the biggest reason the Yanks lost in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, etc...

I actually think the Yankee fans enjoyed the bit of nerves they had the last 7-10 days. WC is not the Yankees goal...not with that payroll but I think the injuries, some nice play from the kids along with being in a pennant followed by WC race was more exciting for Yank fans than knowing the division was theirs in April.

ALSO: Love the Red Sox young kids. Last night 1 through 4 in the line-up were all 25 and under and look to have bright futures. The catcher looks good as well.  

I've been a Yankee fan since the early 60s.  Seeing the Champagne being sprayed around last night bothered me. A lot.

The Yankees are, arguably, the greatest (winningest) sports franchise ever.  No friggin' way do you go off like that for a wildcard berth.  Thast was a joke.

Seriously? The 2009 Yankees don't win without Alex's massive performance. Don't make me defend this dude.

The 2009 Yankees were magical. Jeter had that one on his own, just by being an amazing captain.

I've been a Yankee fan since the early 60s.  Seeing the Champagne being sprayed around last night bothered me. A lot.

The Yankees are, arguably, the greatest (winningest) sports franchise ever.  No friggin' way do you go off like that for a wildcard berth.  Thast was a joke.

Hey munch - we have a private forum for Yankee fans, we share our real thoughts in there. I will send you an invite.

In this forum we just publicly praise the team to annoy the Red Sox fans.  :)

Word.

I get why people are saying they shouldn't. I personally don't care, if you don't like it turn it off. If you get a kick out of it, watch. One thing though, a lot of these players haven't been here before. All the young guys like Bird, Severino, Refs and then guys like Headley, Pineda, Tanaka, Dellin, Didi, etc. First time playoffs for all of them, probably the best feeling they've had as big leaguers, so it's hard for me when people are trying to take that away from them. 

In all seriousness I don't see the big deal here. A baseball season is such an epically long grind. If you've earned any sort of shot at competing for a ring in October baseball, you've earned the right to let loose and celebrate for a night. Who gives a sh*t if it's the Yankees? It's baseball, not the ******* Oslo Accords. It's a game. Lighten up.

In all seriousness I don't see the big deal here. A baseball season is such an epically long grind. If you've earned any sort of shot at competing for a ring in October baseball, you've earned the right to let loose and celebrate for a night. Who gives a sh*t if it's the Yankees? It's baseball, not the ******* Oslo Accords. It's a game. Lighten up.

It's not about lightening up.  It's about acting like you've been there before.  And the Yankees have been there as World Series winners 27 times before.  

I don't think the 15 greats who served as Yankee captains would have allowed that ridiculous display.   Most likely, they would have apologized to the fans for playing so poorly during the season resulting in a handout to the playoffs. 

It's not about lightening up.  It's about acting like you've been there before.  And the Yankees have been there as World Series winners 27 times before.  

I don't think the 15 greats who served as Yankee captains would have allowed that ridiculous display.   Most likely, they would have apologized to the fans for playing so poorly during the season resulting in a handout to the playoffs. 

There's like 3 guys on that team who have been there before. And everyone told them they'd suck before the season started. Again. Lighten up. 

There's like 3 guys on that team who have been there before. And everyone told them they'd suck before the season started. Again. Lighten up. 

Great.  Then those jerkoffs just crapped on the legacy of the champions who went before them.  Especially A-Dick, who was spraying around Champagne like the PEDs coursing through his minuscule brain.

You think this represents the Yankee tradition of winning?  Fine.  I do not.  

Totally agree.  It's been a few years, and a lot of those guys haven't been there before.  Baseball is a long grind, if you get a chance to celebrate, then celebrate. 

And no, I don't think if Jeter was there he would have been telling the younger players not to celebrate.

And the old time Yankees?  Yeah, Mantle, Ford, Ruth, Thurmon Munson, yeah none of those guys would have celebrated or drank......

Totally agree.  It's been a few years, and a lot of those guys haven't been there before.  Baseball is a long grind, if you get a chance to celebrate, then celebrate. 

And no, I don't think if Jeter was there he would have been telling the younger players not to celebrate.

And the old time Yankees?  Yeah, Mantle, Ford, Ruth, Thurmon Munson, yeah none of those guys would have celebrated or drank......

You celebrate like they did after you win the pennant or the series.  I could live with them having a drink in a closed clubhouse to celebrate rather than that embarrassing public display.

Guess I see it like giving every kid on the every little league team a trophy.  It takes away from the accomplishment of actually being the best at something.  So now, if the Yanks don't get the home field, or lose the playoff game, how idiotic does that celebration look?  Hey, maybe in today's world they'll actually put up a Playoff Game Wiinner's banner along side the Championship banners.

It's like when Pig Vomit yelled at Howard for soiling the sanctity of his home. For ****'s sake get a grip. It's baseball. 

You celebrate like they did after you win the pennant or the series.  I could live with them having a drink in a closed clubhouse to celebrate rather than that embarrassing public display.

Guess I see it like giving every kid on the every little league team a trophy.  It takes away from the accomplishment of actually being the best at something.  So now, if the Yanks don't get the home field, or lose the playoff game, how idiotic does that celebration look?  Hey, maybe in today's world they'll actually put up a Playoff Game Wiinner's banner along side the Championship banners.

People get on the Yankees for being to corporate, and money oriented.

Now you are getting on them for having too much fun. 

People get on the Yankees for being to corporate, and money oriented.

Now you are getting on them for having too much fun. 

Forget it.  You both missed the point.  Enjoy the raising of the "Holy Fuk We Just Barely Made It To The One Game Playoff!!" banner next Spring.

Forget it.  You both missed the point.  Enjoy the raising of the "Holy Fuk We Just Barely Made It To The One Game Playoff!!" banner next Spring.

So you are not buying tickets to the banner raising ceremony?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRi0RpqreDwr2q1nY-DVjn

Archived