JetNation \ FanDuel League Week Four

Maxman

Our FanDuel league for week three is here. For those that haven't played with us before, this is a one week fantasy football league. When you enter you pick a lineup and compete against other people from JetNation.

Click here to enter

1. 1st :$450
  2. 2nd :$325
  3. 3rd :$250
  4. 4th :$175
  5. 5th :$150
  6. 6th - 7th:$125
  7. 8th - 9th:$100
  8. 10th - 13th:$75
  9. 14th - 16th:$50
  10. 17th - 20th:$45
  11. 21st - 25th:$40
  12. 26th - 30th:$35
  13. 31st - 35th:$30
  14. 36th - 50th:$25
  15. 51st - 100th:$20

What happened to the prizes?  :(

I asked them to cut down the maximum # of people allowed in the pool because everyone wanted this to be just JetNation. So this week if we have all 350 slots filled FanDuel will take in $3500 and pay out $4330.

Hey @Maxman- thanks for setting this up. I haven't really kept up with anything this week, but was there a resolution on the issue with non JNers in the pool from last week?

I posted an update in the week 3 thread in the fantasy football forum. Basically they opened it up because it didn't fill up. But we have an exchange back and forth because they gave us the league on Friday afternoon (two weeks in a row).

I asked them to keep the participant pool lower this week so I can be a JetNation only league.

They said they will give me the league next week on Monday. Hopefully they do, if we have a full week to promote it we can get a lot of JetNation people in there.

Thanks!

I asked them to cut down the maximum # of people allowed in the pool because everyone wanted this to be just JetNation. So this week if we have all 350 slots filled FanDuel will take in $3500 and pay out $4330.

I'll preface by saying this is not a complaint just a question..  if we don't fill it up can we expect them to open it to the masses again?  you can't really blame them I'm just wondering.

Our FanDuel league for week three is here. For those that haven’t played with us before, this is a one week fantasy football league. When you enter you pick a lineup that costs $10 and compete against other people from JetNation. The prize money appears below. Click here to enter 1st :$450 2nd :$325 3rd :$250 4th :$175 5th :$150 6th – […]

Click here to read the full story...

I'll preface by saying this is not a complaint just a question..  if we don't fill it up can we expect them to open it to the masses again?  you can't really blame them I'm just wondering.

This is the sort of thing they did last year a few times. 

If a handful of JN members want to compete against other known members, we can create our own contests. I did it last year with the "Beat the Ape" challenges. I'll still do the JN pools that Max gets them to set up, but if they open it to gen-pop, then don't be surprised if JN members get shanked... so to speak.

I can't promise anything but I specifically asked for a lower contest pool so that we can have our own league. That is why they went 350 instead of 750 like last week.

My hope is that we get a league in the 400 - 500 range on Monday next week and we come close to filling it. Getting it early in the week is huge imo.

This is the sort of thing they did last year a few times. 

If a handful of JN members want to compete against other known members, we can create our own contests. I did it last year with the "Beat the Ape" challenges. I'll still do the JN pools that Max gets them to set up, but if they open it to gen-pop, then don't be surprised if JN members get shanked... so to speak.

Yeah my only issue is that I do zero prep and other than thinking about matchups from what I know.  I don't care to compete with guys who spend countless hours looking at how player X performs in 50 degree weather as opposed to domes etc etc etc.

I don't have the energy or desire to do all that research.  Not interested in the same games as professional dorkduel guy who has his 10 perfect lineups and is scanning the board at 12:50 for small games to pounce on.

Yeah my only issue is that I do zero prep and other than thinking about matchups from what I know.  I don't care to compete with guys who spend countless hours looking at how player X performs in 50 degree weather as opposed to domes etc etc etc.

I don't have the energy or desire to do all that research.  Not interested in the same games as professional dorkduel guy who has his 10 perfect lineups and is scanning the board at 12:50 for small games to pounce on.

I feel the same way.

Always bet on black!

Pac is the whiniest screw job I've ever seen. Rep if u agree.

If we ever meet I will punch you so hard the dep will fly out of your hair and your members only jacket will be covered in blood, tears, and feces.

If we ever meet I will punch you so hard the dep will fly out of your hair and your members only jacket will be covered in blood, tears, and feces.

Why do you assume his jacket isn't already covered in tears and feces?

Won't let you pick Jets or Dolphins. 

That game isn't on the board because of the early start. Same goes with the Thursday night game every week. Sunday at 1pm is the beginning of the week as far as this league goes.

FYI the game is now open to the public. Still a great tournament and thanks jet nation!

Ah, I am sorry that they did that. Screws us up with them giving us the league on Friday afternoon.

Here is what I am thinking for next week. They said they would give us the league on Monday. I have them create a smaller league. They will reduce the prize money but it will be just us.

What does everyone think, how many people should we aim for?  Thanks.

Ah, I am sorry that they did that. Screws us up with them giving us the league on Friday afternoon.

Here is what I am thinking for next week. They said they would give us the league on Monday. I have them create a smaller league. They will reduce the prize money but it will be just us.

do we know what's the break down of how many are JN members and the rest public?  

Im fine either way we decide to go  

It doesn't seem as bad as last week. It only got to 329 of 350, and at least the winning scores are reasonable again. I'd vote for 250-350...seems like we can fill  that range based on the season so far. 

do we know what's the break down of how many are JN members and the rest public?  

Im fine either way we decide to go  

I don't know. We promote it on Facebook and Twitter, but that is to Jets fans that follow us there and not ringers. I would say we probably got 250 or so on our own. Maybe more but I didn't check. I know we have 150 sign up pretty quick on Friday.

It doesn't seem as bad as last week. It only got to 329 of 350, and at least the winning scores are reasonable again. I'd vote for 250-350...seems like we can fill  that range based on the season so far. 

I could do 300 to be safe maybe with a 5 per max. This way we fill it on our own (assuming that we get it early in the week.

I could do 300 to be safe maybe with a 5 per max. This way we fill it on our own (assuming that we get it early in the week.

I'm actually fine the way things are. Even with it opening to the public we only had 329 entries with a prize pool of $4,330. So basically we contributed $3,290 dollars in entries and we are awarded an extra $1,000 dollars from Fanduel. That is a GREAT deal. Not a good deal, a GREAT deal. Sure a few outsiders may sneak in and win a few bucks, but we are all coming out way ahead in terms of value compared to EVERY other similar tournament on fanduel or other sites.  

Look at the average fanduel contest and you will see prize pools of $5k with 520 members contributing $10 per entry. Meaning Fanduel is making a profit on the pool. In our league, fanduel is LOSING money on us. 

If people want a small friendly fanduel league we can start a 50 person, 1 entry per person league. But there is no reason to stop this fanduel league while it's still great value. 

Just my 2 cents. 

I'm actually fine the way things are. Even with it opening to the public we only had 329 entries with a prize pool of $4,330. So basically we contributed $3,290 dollars in entries and we are awarded an extra $1,000 dollars from Fanduel. That is a GREAT deal. Not a good deal, a GREAT deal. Sure a few outsiders may sneak in and win a few bucks, but we are all coming out way ahead in terms of value compared to EVERY other similar tournament on fanduel or other sites.  

Look at the average fanduel contest and you will see prize pools of $5k with 520 members contributing $10 per entry. Meaning Fanduel is making a profit on the pool. In our league, fanduel is LOSING money on us. 

If people want a small friendly fanduel league we can start a 50 person, 1 entry per person league. But there is no reason to stop this fanduel league while it's still great value.

Just my 2 cents.

This sounds right.. 

Archived