Report: Decker will play versus Miami

Jetman55

assuring, “We’ve altered some things to make sure that doesn’t happen again.”

I found the above to be the more imortant comment, lol.  the jets haven't had an explosive deep attack in decades, and always face a loaded box.  how is this the new way to defend the jets ?

Please please correct me if I am wrong but didn't he have a PCL injury? If that's the case it's a minimum 3 weeks according to Dr Chao who was on Sirius NFL radio who talked specifically about Decker. If he plays he might just act as a decoy, but I don't think he will play. We need the win vs Miami but I don't want to risk further injury. 

agree here. It's not worth rushing him back like last year & compromise his full recovery for the rest of the season. I know this game is dangerous, and we could use Decker, but it's not worth rushing for damaged goods. If he does go in, as others stated, he's merely a decoy and won't be effective at all. 

A 65% Decker won't help this team beat the fish. 

what stood out to me is that gailey couldnt adjust to what the eagles were doing mid-game. the sign of a good coordinator/coach is being able to adjust to what the opponent is doing against you. its great that he says he now altered some things to try and mitigate what the eagles were doing......AFTER THE ******* GAME IS ALREADY OVER? same old jets........

what stood out to me is that gailey couldnt adjust to what the eagles were doing mid-game. the sign of a good coordinator/coach is being able to adjust to what the opponent is doing against you. its great that he says he now altered some things to try and mitigate what the eagles were doing......AFTER THE ******* GAME IS ALREADY OVER? same old jets........

everybody told me last week WR's were open all over the field, but the worst QB that ever lived couldn't see them or get it to them.  now the gameplan sucked ?

I'm confused

everybody told me last week WR's were open all over the field, but the worst QB that ever lived couldn't see them or get it to them.  now the gameplan sucked ?

I'm confused

This is correct. WRs were open and we rallied from 24-0. Fitzy can't carry the team. He's not the worst, but he ain't no Wolverine to save the day.

adjustments were made. Notice we were able to actually have DRIVES in the 2nd half and scored which was nearly impossible until the closing of the 2nd quarter. As stated above, WRs WERE OPEN but Fitzy had an atrocious game and was missing them in his reads. Maybe he didn't trust Quincy anymore, because he was open a few times. The ball was being forced to Marshall and the defense knew there was no Jets run game to speak of. Gailey had us rally from 24-0, but as we all knew when the trade was announced, Fitzy can't carry the team alone; 2 key components were out, and we lost an OLine starter after e first half. 

This team is EXPONENTIALLY better in the hands of Gailey when compared to his predecessors: Schottenheimer, Sparano, Mornhinwig. 

This is correct. WRs were open and we rallied from 24-0. Fitzy can't carry the team. He's not the worst, but he ain't no Wolverine to save the day.

adjustments were made. Notice we were able to actually have DRIVES in the 2nd half and scored which was nearly impossible until the closing of the 2nd quarter. As stated above, WRs WERE OPEN but Fitzy had an atrocious game and was missing them in his reads. Maybe he didn't trust Quincy anymore, because he was open a few times. The ball was being forced to Marshall and the defense knew there was no Jets run game to speak of. Gailey had us rally from 24-0, but as we all knew when the trade was announced, Fitzy can't carry the team alone; 2 key components were out, and we lost an OLine starter after e first half. 

This team is EXPONENTIALLY better in the hands of Gailey when compared to his predecessors: Schottenheimer, Sparano, Mornhinwig. 

i'm just going with what gailey himself said. he said they altered things so it doesnt happen again.....not that he made adjustments in the game

I would be surprised if he is effective if  he does have PCL sprain that is usually a three-week injury he probably just a decoy. Everybody's talking about the Dolphins players laying down to the jet setter coach is getting fired I doubt any of those guys are going to lay down against the Jets given this heated rivalry. I am hoping for it but I don't see it.

Archived